Old 03-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 301 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I wonder if I just live In a particularly bad area for covidiots.
In my area I've noticed a steady decline in mask usage.

My work requires masks indoors 100% of the time. But an alarmingly large amount of people are in the 'masks make me too hot' camp and won't wear them correctly. Not covidiots, just idiots in general.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 489 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
State-to-state comparisons should always come with a lot of asterisks.

And this should, too. But I'm curious if anyone has any references, that easily provide numbers for a specified period of time? Of the ones I generally look at, I can see totals, and as a percentage of population, for the entire pandemic; and one that shows the last 7 days. I can see graphs showing trends by state over time, and compare them.

What I don't have is an easy source to view numbers (cases, deaths, total & as percentage of population) for a specific period of time. I'd be interested to see how they look since, say, 6-1-20, after the first wave. I view last spring as having been geographically limited, for the most part, and doing most of its damage before mitigation efforts could have much effect.

And, yes, I realize that would come with its own host of asterisks. But I'm curious, and haven't come across it.
Go to covidactnow.org

They have a tool that creates a comparison graph for states, counties metro areas etc. from the beginning of the pandemic. You can compare most of the relevant statistics with or without population adjustment.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 907 Times in 459 Posts

I think everyone by now got the memo on Covid...

So the people that are taking precautions will continue to do so. The people that never cared will continue that stupidity.
The people on the fence will be left with a choice to risk it or wait longer.

There will most likely be another spike this fall/winter along with a few more "new" variants....

so opening now i think is the best chance to see how the people approach this.

Covid will be around for a long time. The government isn't doing things quickly enough to help small businesses/people. Local businesses were devastated from this.

I just feel if there was a good time to open, now would be it. Texas was always going to open sooner than most....

Niced: (1)
Old 03-04-2021, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.9
Courses Played: 252
Niced 5,847 Times in 2,013 Posts

News on Michigan vaccine schedule

Next week
Starting Monday (March 8), any Michigan residents age 50 and up with pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities will be eligible to make an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said.

Caregiver family members and guardians who care for children with special health care needs will also be eligible to receive the vaccine, starting Monday.

“The more people we can get the safe and effective vaccine, the faster we can return to a sense of normalcy,” Whitmer said. “I urge all eligible Michiganders to get one of the three COVID-19 vaccines to protect you, your family and your community.”

Later this month
On March 22, all Michiganders age 50 and up will become eligible.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:25 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 345
Niced 5,596 Times in 2,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
There is a large percent on the fence. They wear masks because it is a hassle not to. They are not looking to fight store owners, masked people or to create a scene. These are the compliant clueless that would quickly fall into non safe COVID practice.

So, I think mandates make a huge difference. It also give small, mom and pop, establishments a leg to stand on when enforcing masking.
Bingo!

Old 03-04-2021, 12:35 PM
Tiny White Balls

Years Playing: 37.3
Courses Played: 2
Niced 256 Times in 171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I don't trust any numbers coming out of Florida.
Nor should you. i have a relative that runs a hospital in South Florida and this weekend he stated that things have not really improved at all. Small drops in numbers is about it. He had downplayed it every time until this last weekend.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.9
Courses Played: 252
Niced 5,847 Times in 2,013 Posts

What is the difference between the Moderna/Pfizer vaccine and Johnson & Johnson?? I get asked this a lot right now. Here is an article that give a rudimentary overview of the two types of vaccines.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-fauci-...173723502.html

Old 03-05-2021, 03:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 41.1
Courses Played: 96
Niced 3,357 Times in 1,312 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Ran into 2 ladies while golfing today (they're OK) and asked if they had their shots yet. They have and had to drive 2 hours away to get them. No ill side effects they said.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 1,075 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I think everyone by now got the memo on Covid...

So the people that are taking precautions will continue to do so. The people that never cared will continue that stupidity.
The people on the fence will be left with a choice to risk it or wait longer.

There will most likely be another spike this fall/winter along with a few more "new" variants....

so opening now i think is the best chance to see how the people approach this.

Covid will be around for a long time. The government isn't doing things quickly enough to help small businesses/people. Local businesses were devastated from this.

I just feel if there was a good time to open, now would be it. Texas was always going to open sooner than most....
I am starting to come around to this perspective. Here in Utah, the rate of vaccination is far outpacing the rate of transmission. Using yesterday as an example, there were 60 vaccines given statewide for every one positive test result. Plus, all the high risk and elderly have had time to get the vaccine and they are now opening it up to healthy individuals 50 and older.

I am in favor of retaining a mask mandate, since it is a minor inconvenience that provides significant transmission reduction. But all the restrictions that hurt businesses need to be looked at long and hard at this point.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 86
Niced 907 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post

I am in favor of retaining a mask mandate, since it is a minor inconvenience that provides significant transmission reduction. But all the restrictions that hurt businesses need to be looked at long and hard at this point.
Yeh. Masks would be great but its not possible to open 100% AND have a mask requirement(impossible to enforce).Businesses will still have their own rules (which im sure will upset people) til they are ready for 100%.

This is basically giving bars and restaurants a green light.

There will for sure be spikes and more deaths but that would be regardless of when the states open. There are millions who will never take a vaccine and havent got covid YET. They will get sick eventually.

Two choices now...

Isolate and continue to take seriously the best you can til you get vaccinated.....then go play

Or

Go play now