Old 09-28-2020, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,697 Times in 1,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
It is hard living in a new world. I have spent most of 30 years picking up trash on the course, putting it in my pocket or bag, until I come across a can. Just a habit. I still have to stop myself. If it ain't yours, don't touch it.
agreed

i am usually one of two people who pick up a local course

pains me to see tons of empty beer cans and beer bottles and energy drinks and cig packs and arizona tea cans laying around

amazing how much it accumulated over the summer
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 09-28-2020, 11:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,327 Times in 880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
I wouldn’t spend a month at the Playboy Mansion if there was only a 97% chance I’d live through it

With seven minutes left in the Super Bowl, the Niners had better than a 97% chance of winning

(Yeah empty cans are now potential bio hazards, and all the masks and gloves on the ground! It makes you not want to do your part)

I would nice you for that but honestly that's a lot harder choice than m%m's. I guess you'd kind of want assurances that my paltry ass don't make much money self might somehow be appealing to gorgeous gold diggers... but then that's just a month of fantasy.

If that trip came with a million bucks... Who's in now? Or just the million bucks?

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 09-28-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,327 Times in 880 Posts

Oh and fun update, I just had a 7 HR ride in a towtruck with a guy because I lost my brake lines in the truck just off the ferry in town. At least I'm not dead yet haha, that could have been bad if I didn't do the pre trip check, saw the leak on the boat, coulda lost em on the highway.

Why do I even try to leave? It's been months since I left and I didn't make it 1km... until we were **** ed for the early boat and we decided to pick up a washer dryer set from out in Sooke about an hour and a half up the highway, using my truck as a trailer so he wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. No time to analyze risk when you are without a paddle.

Moderate but towards denier.. Local guy. Not as abrasive as the first one, I guess that's better than paranoid.. What a ****in day!

Niced: (1)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 09-28-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,475 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Oh and fun update, I just had a 7 HR ride in a towtruck with a guy because I lost my brake lines in the truck just off the ferry in town. At least I'm not dead yet haha, that could have been bad if I didn't do the pre trip check, saw the leak on the boat, coulda lost em on the highway.
Firstly, glad you are not dead. Brake line leaks will kill ya just as much as pandemics.

Funny you mention tow trucks. Younger son's car refused to start 2 hours from home. Tow truck driver wouldn't let him ride back with him because of COVID, so spousal unit drove down to pick him up (she likes driving, and knows that long car rides are truth serum for younger son . . .).

Old 09-29-2020, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 145
Niced 1,182 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I admit, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around just how many ignorant 'Muricans are out their. I don't think it's anywhere near the majority, but they're far more numerous than just a fringe movement. They are a substantial part of the mainstream.
After spending 2+ weeks driving through rural Murica (WI, MI), I disagree. It IS the majority. Everywhere but cities.

So maybe that evens it out population-wise, but in terms of like area, 90% of this part of America isn't wearing masks still.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-29-2020, 10:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,150 Times in 2,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
After spending 2+ weeks driving through rural Murica (WI, MI), I disagree. It IS the majority. Everywhere but cities.

So maybe that evens it out population-wise, but in terms of like area, 90% of this part of America isn't wearing masks still.
I'm in rural America, and here it depends a bit on where you go. In the grocery store, hardware store, even convenience stores, it's 80-90%. Outdoors, even in crowds, about 1%.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:10 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 48 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Lol.....there might be more to that 97% than it seems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/28/u...m-effects.html
I only actually know three people that got Covid. Unfortunately, one died after over a month in the hospital. He was not a healthy guy anyway. He was over weight, diabetic, and asthmatic. He was 52 years old. The othet two were man and wife and are in their mid 30s. They told me they were really sick for about three days after being diagnosed and then started feeling better. As far as I know now they are both doing well with no after effects.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.4
Courses Played: 250
Niced 4,105 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
I only actually know three people that got Covid. Unfortunately, one died after over a month in the hospital. He was not a healthy guy anyway. He was over weight, diabetic, and asthmatic. He was 52 years old. The othet two were man and wife and are in their mid 30s. They told me they were really sick for about three days after being diagnosed and then started feeling better. As far as I know now they are both doing well with no after effects.
And I sure hope they continue to see no after effects.

I always go back to wondering how many people those three infected, before their symptoms and positive test showed. How many of those got really sick or died, and how many people each of them infected.....

Americans are "show me" kind of people. So many peeking around corners looking for the government conspiracy or political motivation. So many convinced, that in the most free county in the world, where liberties and rights are more appreciated and protected than anywhere, everyone is trying to steal them away.

I have come to firmly believe, this is because few understand what those terms actually mean. These concepts only extend to the point where they infringe on someone else's. Many adamantly refuse to except this limitation, believing their's are more important. Yet many willing to take to protesting, if their's are tread upon, in the very same manner.

It is so overwhelming to wrap our heads around the massive changes in all of our lives. So quickly, most of what we knew and did, has changed. I am not sure the psychological impacts of this kind of sweeping, quick change, will be seen or identified for years.

Sorry for the morning musing. Had to run to Walgreen's today......nuff said?

Old 09-29-2020, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 145
Niced 1,182 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I'm in rural America, and here it depends a bit on where you go. In the grocery store, hardware store, even convenience stores, it's 80-90%. Outdoors, even in crowds, about 1%.
In the UP, gas stations, restaurants, hotels, it's been less than 50% employees with masks, waaay less than that for customers. Some have one on their neck they put on if a customer is wearing one, then immediately take off to help the next unmasked person.

Unmasked lady in front of me last night was coughing alot, while unmasked man behind me was like 12 inches from me. Its Great! (Again).

Old 09-29-2020, 12:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 357 Times in 173 Posts

8 Tennessee Titans test positive. 3 players and 5 staff.