Old 01-26-2022, 09:39 AM

Niced 22 Times in 13 Posts
Default Disc Golf Questionnaire

https://forms.gle/jH6KVugHAPRe8gbw9

Hey everyone, I have been having discussions with a couple content creators and other players that are curious to know more about the current trends and where things are headed for disc golf going forward.
I would greatly appreciated it if you would be willing to complete this short survey to help us get a snapshot of what's happening in disc golf headed into 2022. It is 30 multiple choice questions and should take you less than 5 minutes to complete. Please feel free to share this survey with anyone you know who plays disc golf. Thank you for your time!

***And yes I know DGC Forum is not one of the options. I apologize about that but this is my first time doing this and I actually found out about this forum because of someone pointing out I didn't list it as an option.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-26-2022, 09:59 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 713 Times in 334 Posts

Kind of weird you didn't include DGCR as an option for where I get my disc golf news.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
Kind of weird you didn't include DGCR as an option for where I get my disc golf news.
I explained that in my opening post, I found out about this site/forum because of a person that took the survey. Thanks
Old 01-26-2022, 10:31 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 397
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9,291 Times in 3,653 Posts

FWIW : questionnaire asks if we play in organized competitive events, and follows up asking which division.

None of the options were fir age protected divisions (e.g. Masters). Those of us who do play in 40+ age divisions,were basically forced to either skip that question, or enter a division we don't usually play in.

Depending on how many of "us old farts" complete your questionnaire, the results for that question could be a bit misleading.

It's your questionnaire. Do what you're gonna do with the data. I hope you find it useful.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-26-2022, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Niced 8,313 Times in 2,853 Posts

Completed. Certainly some suggestions.

As a player, how do you primarily connect with other players?
-----Disc Golf Scene and Disc Golf Course Review are the only way I really connect with other players. These are not an option. I understand that the survey was made without them, but the survey is kind of pointless without them. They are two of the primary vehicles of player communication and contact. DGS is nearly the exclusive tournament and league communication tool in use in my state. This is a required question that has NO answer that applies to me.

Where do you hear about what's happening in disc golf? Select all that apply.
------Same here. DGCR and DGS have been around for years. They are the gold standard in disc golf communication. Again, DGS being nearly exclusive. Providing tournament and league notification and tools.

Would you be interested in a social media platform centered only on disc golf?
------Kind of a pointless question without consideration to this site in particular. I answered no, I don't see the ability to improve upon this platform.

What do you use to carry your discs while playing?
------Needs to be multiple choice. Many of us use multiple bags/carts. Dependent upon terrain, weather and travel. I have a glow bag as well.

What is your favorite disc golf coverage channel?
------I don't watch a ton of golf. I have no favorite, they are all fine. There is not option for ambivalence.

I hope the suggestions above are received in the constructive light that they are intended. Good luck with whatever venture you are undertaking. I suggest a bit of discovery and research would be a next (first) step.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 320
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 374 Times in 194 Posts

Another consideration, add age protected to the divisions. And maybe where/who introduced you to disc golf.
Maybe for the next time you put together a survey.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Niced 8,313 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
FWIW : questionnaire asks if we play in organized competitive events, and follows up asking which division.

None of the options were fir age protected divisions (e.g. Masters). Those of us who do play in 40+ age divisions,were basically forced to either skip that question, or enter a division we don't usually play in.

Depending on how many of "us old farts" complete your questionnaire, the results for that question could be a bit misleading.

It's your questionnaire. Do what you're gonna do with the data. I hope you find it useful.
Old farts are advanced. We have no ratings cap on our divisions. You did not know you were an advanced player, huh?

Old 01-26-2022, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 122
Niced 5,280 Times in 1,949 Posts

Too many questions requiring an answer without an applicable answer for me. Leaves the choice of answering bull**** or not filling it out- i elected to not fill out.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Completed. Certainly some suggestions.

As a player, how do you primarily connect with other players?
-----Disc Golf Scene and Disc Golf Course Review are the only way I really connect with other players. These are not an option. I understand that the survey was made without them, but the survey is kind of pointless without them. They are two of the primary vehicles of player communication and contact. DGS is nearly the exclusive tournament and league communication tool in use in my state. This is a required question that has NO answer that applies to me.

Where do you hear about what's happening in disc golf? Select all that apply.
------Same here. DGCR and DGS have been around for years. They are the gold standard in disc golf communication. Again, DGS being nearly exclusive. Providing tournament and league notification and tools.

Would you be interested in a social media platform centered only on disc golf?
------Kind of a pointless question without consideration to this site in particular. I answered no, I don't see the ability to improve upon this platform.

What do you use to carry your discs while playing?
------Needs to be multiple choice. Many of us use multiple bags/carts. Dependent upon terrain, weather and travel. I have a glow bag as well.

What is your favorite disc golf coverage channel?
------I don't watch a ton of golf. I have no favorite, they are all fine. There is not option for ambivalence.

I hope the suggestions above are received in the constructive light that they are intended. Good luck with whatever venture you are undertaking. I suggest a bit of discovery and research would be a next (first) step.
Thank you for the feedback, very much appreciate this. We will definitely take all of this into consideration on our follow up survey after reviewing the data from this survey. I apologize about not including this site and DGS on the survey. I have not used either of these sites for anything other than registering for a tournament with DGS. I personally don't use forums and only use Udisc as that is how all of our non-sanctioned tournaments and leagues are ran. I did have multiple other disc golfers review the survey before releasing but I guess we were all unaware of these options.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Too many questions requiring an answer without an applicable answer for me. Leaves the choice of answering bull**** or not filling it out- i elected to not fill out.
could you provide an example of what you consider a question without an applicable answer? We appreciate any feedback that will help us improve for the next go around.

Thanks