Old 12-28-2020, 04:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 502 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
It's just something for fun to show your buddies "look what I can do." It's a trick shot disc that no one actually needs. Maybe Simon bags one on the off chance he needs to throw a spike hyzer into a 50 mph headwind someday, but I doubt you'll see any pros regularly using this.

Now that would be surprising. I don't work in injection molding, so really don't know what the fixed/startup cost is to produce a new mold. But I've got to think that Discmania will want to produce at least a few runs to offset that fixed cost, whatever it is.
My comment about 'What can this disc do' was to lead off the answer and video I followed up with.

Simon has said it is a limited run and Eagle did a video in the Discmania warehouse while they were filling up the boxes....it was said then that it was a limited run. There have been several limited run discs by Discmania and other companies. I agree that it seems to be a waste...but, it's their choice.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-28-2020, 04:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 555 Times in 263 Posts

I'm going to wait for it to come out in a premium plastic. If I am going to buy a super overstable disc it needs to be the most super overstable disc possible.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 1,075 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
My comment about 'What can this disc do' was to lead off the answer and video I followed up with.

Simon has said it is a limited run and Eagle did a video in the Discmania warehouse while they were filling up the boxes....it was said then that it was a limited run. There have been several limited run discs by Discmania and other companies. I agree that it seems to be a waste...but, it's their choice.
Originally you said "this disc won't be made again" but now you're calling it a limited run. Those are nowhere close to the same thing. You're moving the goalposts, Bill.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 49
Niced 950 Times in 644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatPaco View Post
The Hades is yet another flippy warp speed distance driver (every manufacturer has three of these and maybe one that is good), and the Malta a disc that Discraft didn't even need to fill out their mid lineup.

The only one I would say that does anything good that isn't a copy of something else is the Anax, and I still wouldn't go as far as saying McBeth "designed" it.
The Hades is the best Discraft driver ever. I have two. Neither is flippy, and the mold is slower than some of their other molds.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 7
Niced 502 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Originally you said "this disc won't be made again" but now you're calling it a limited run. Those are nowhere close to the same thing. You're moving the goalposts, Bill.
Well, it seems the same thing to me. Limited run=only a certain number made and no more will be made. They made enough to supply Simon with several and 6000 more for the Simon Lizotte Black Mystery box (that's a limited run)....and no more will be made. That sounds like they are the same thing, at least to me.

If there are more to be made, then it isn't a limited run.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 601 Times in 342 Posts

Limited run often refers to a special stamp or a special run of plastic.

It doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t going to make more of a certain disc. It just means the next runs may not have the same stamp or could be a different plastic blend.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:03 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,293 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Im very curious what the early flippers are going to get for these. The first few to hit auction are gonna get stupid I think.

Waaaaayyyyy more money than a piece of plastic would ever be worth. That's for sure.
$500 by End of January.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,293 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
I'm expecting to see them selling for less than $10 by spring
I think they will be worth less then the non Ace Race Impact (collectors of Every single Ace Race disc made want the mold in any weight as they do not throw them) that is hard to sell off in weights above 174-175 grams or below 169 grams For the mold at stock price still in stores and will be until somebody needs the plastic for something. Or Worth less then a Champion Grove online where you have to slip it in with another persons order of used/new old stock discs you do not want but others do like say a Used Valkyrie in okay 6/10 condition to a newer player who finds all drivers after first year too much for arm speed.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 433 Times in 259 Posts

I've been playing with a Retro Trident for a couple years now, and that thing has as much beef as the day I bought it.

Retro is worse plastic than Exo.

I'd wager given the ridiculous overstability of these Tilts, that they will remain overstable for a good long while regardless of the plastic.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:58 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 1,909 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I've been playing with a Retro Trident for a couple years now, and that thing has as much beef as the day I bought it.

Retro is worse plastic than Exo.

I'd wager given the ridiculous overstability of these Tilts, that they will remain overstable for a good long while regardless of the plastic.
I’d love to do a video with one and progressively abuse it to see the wear. Start playing a one disc round, do some trick shots at the skate park etc and see if it ever becomes less OS.