Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 02-24-2021, 02:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 527
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,237 Times in 1,051 Posts

I don't understand the search functions on here, but I'll go with the Westside Northman. I'm the only person I've heard talk about them. I think maybe Moose mentioned throwing one back in the day but that's it.

They work great for me though.

Seems like the bastard stepchild of Trilogy might have quite a few underrated molds. Boatman, Fortress, Longbowman, Ahti, Pine, Sampo. Hell, nobody talks about the Gatekeeper and they've been pushing that on everyone for a few years.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:05 AM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I really enjoy my X2's. Getting great straight flights with impressive distance when beat in. Never had one that lost the reliable fade at the end. Never had a disc with as much skip as this, for better or worse.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 4
Niced 967 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Impact, nobody liked the mold after ESP changed in 2007 to the second generation of ESP that was not as OS and way less durable. They also did not really like the mold in the Ace Race, they either hated the mold or loved it but found the Identical flight Glide to do the job better.

#2 Upshot, very few use the mold, I only know of one other guy who uses this mold in Prostyle (same plastic as me) as a driving putter who now lives in Sioux Falls South Dakota. This mold is basically a putter version of a Spider.

Shark 3, yeah same thing as a old pre Emac Truth in flight when both are new and somehow one of these two is the way way more popular mold to throw. Yet the Shark is way more popular despite the mold being the same disc wing without a flat top. Reason this mold got stopped for a Lion where one can't currently use the Star very well, I almost dropped one in a store when picking up the mold in Star to feel.

The Archer, more use and cycle a set of Pro D or X Stratus and claim the mold is more confortable in the hand when both are nearly the same thing.

The Titanic, I use the Proline Titanic and nobody uses that, when I see rec in the bags of those who use the mold they have a few for throwing putters/putting putter one of the two if not both. Almost nobody uses the mold.

The Dragon, this is due to hate on the newest version of DX plastic the mold is made in, a true R style DX in that it is stiff Wahoo/stiff Pro Pig type R-Pro in feel but DX in durability. Lots do not like the mold thinking they can only use it for water but can also do calm/tailwind in fully open land bomber provided the ground is not a rocky/hard dessert or hard rock , otherwise said mold goes from US like a 150 gram DX Valkyrie to as US as a 150 gram Champion Mamba in a few rounds.
If you change the search criteria to include posts and not just titles, the #2 upshot has to be one of the most frequently discussed discs on here.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-24-2021, 09:43 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,293 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Wombat3 - 7 pages, last post March 2020. Wonderful disc, especially in the woods.

And one of the best thread titles ever:

for the love of all things not necessary: Wombat 3 is born...
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
If you change the search criteria to include posts and not just titles, the #2 upshot has to be one of the most frequently discussed discs on here.
Mainly due to me now or others comparing or asking right after the original owners death, as well as before 2010.

I agree on the Wombat, 3 it is underrated and if I went all Innova the Wombat 3/Wombat would replace the Impact. The Skeeter is not an Impact/Glide type disc, it is more putter like in flight glide then the Impact at the right weights, 170-172 grams and 173-174 grams. Maybe the person had a 177+ Gram Impact they compared to the Skeeter?, then the Impact would fly like a Skeeter.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:50 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,293 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I don't understand the search functions on here, but I'll go with the Westside Northman. I'm the only person I've heard talk about them. I think maybe Moose mentioned throwing one back in the day but that's it.

Seems like the bastard stepchild of Trilogy might have quite a few underrated molds. Boatman, Fortress, Longbowman, Ahti, Pine, Sampo. Hell, nobody talks about the Gatekeeper and they've been pushing that on everyone for a few years.
Only ones I read people talk about on this site are the Westside molds that Johnny E McCray or now Westside sponsored Nikko L use for play and that is about it for molds, say maybe the Harp if neither use that disc as it is preferred over the Sinus due to not quite as OS or the grip pads on the Sinus.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 626
Niced 3,092 Times in 1,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post

where team trilogy homies at
Old 02-24-2021, 10:30 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 1,455 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Probably congratulating each other on a private Discord server. If MVP is round fingers and Axiom is square, who can trust a plus finger?

Niced: (1)
Old 02-24-2021, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 626
Niced 3,092 Times in 1,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Probably congratulating each other on a private Discord server. If MVP is round fingers and Axiom is square, who can trust a plus finger?
how do they even type

Old 02-24-2021, 10:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 527
Niced 2,237 Times in 1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Weren't you just throwing a Fury?

Old 02-24-2021, 10:53 PM

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 15 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
OK I had an idea - tell me what you bag which is underrated.

WAIT WAIT before you click away, let's put a spin on it. Do an advanced search within the "Discs" subsection of DGCR and under Keywords do "Search Titles Only."

Take the name of that disc you bag which you feel like nobody knows about and search it. If it pops up with <10 pages worth of replies, post it. If there is more than 10 pages of discussion on your favorite sleeper disc, I got news for you son, it ain't a sleeper

Mine is the Vertex - OOP mid, slow and understable GYRO goodness
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ghlight=vertex
Underrated isn't a synonym for unpopular.

I take your point though. Lots of not underrated discs get called underrated.

Your thread tho.

Last edited by Biggie_Robs; 02-24-2021 at 10:56 PM.