Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 125 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Hurry up... code for 17% off --> GripHallo17

Good through October 31st.
Thanks, shipping cost stinks but I may still go for it.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 14 Times in 7 Posts

I'm also a big fan of the Upper Park Shift. The light weight is extremely important to me. My my bag is showing a little wear after two-years of everyday use, casual rounds and tournaments. As mentioned above, umbrella storage is a big of a challenge, but I've found a way to put the base of the umbrella in the lower center pocket and then to cinch the top to one of the upper D-rings. Does the job for me.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 56 Times in 50 Posts

I would say how big do you need, disc space and then decide what space the extras take up. Then I can help you.

I used this modified with safety pins crimped closed to work and a soft stroller type bottle holder another $10 as second up to 25 ounce bottle holder with safety pins crimped closed to keep Velcro from opening up. The watertight bag on the left side holds a one liter. https://www.amazon.com/Vertex-The-An...65R5S1EMM4C6YB
It is heavy at just over 7 pounds though so for you it might not be the best. I did some other mods like remove the knife holder on front, just snaps on and took off a plastic and fabric thing I do not see how it was used when a fishing bag.

Gateway has a few bags, the smaller ones are great if you do not carry a lot of stuff and ride higher on the back and are more like a modified style of a Innova Deluxe bag into a true backpack, do not know what Kilimanjaro one is like but the Ozark one is like a modified traditional touring type into a true backpack, holds up to about 28 discs, and lots of side storage the bag has http://www.gdstour.com/disc-golf-bags/ A guy on YouTube uses the Standard Backpack on wooded courses around Portland where he lives, Disc Golf Nerd. He does a review of the standard pack he uses.

If you want a cheap bag the Dynamic Discs Trooper is worth it, Disc Golf Nerd on YouTube does a review of this bag to show how many discs it holds and how it fits 18-20 disc in main part and 3 or 4 discs in top part before a friend who bought it actually used it. Not great for much storage though. Did show how big the single bottle holder is.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-26-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:24 PM
Par Member

Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Sorry I haven't responded! =P

Aside from my 2 putters in the pouch, I carry 16-17 discs - this might change soon as I modify it because I'll be playing new courses and might switch things up. I'm also trying to move exclusively to Discmania, as well. I'm not super big on towels, rain gear, etc. but I do tend to bring water bottles and what not and I don't use a stool but I'll probably invest in one since I plan to start playing tournaments.

Weight isn't too big an issue for me provided I can keep it closer to my shoulders rather than my lower back - I'm 6'4 if that's of any importance.

If there's any other details that would help nail things down, just ask!

Thanks for all the feedback fellas!

Last edited by Zphix; 10-26-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 100
Niced 129 Times in 75 Posts

Another Halloween special from Grip EQ. 25% all remaining Black & Orange Grip bags (AX, B & C series).

Code --> GripHalloOrange

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2017, 04:04 AM
Eagle Member

Just was shown this: https://www.discstore.com/discgolf/b...t-backpack-bag

The bag looks good, the two small open side pockets can be used as a water bottle holder as shown, Has two slim side pockets length of the bag for storage The company says it can hold 25 in the main part with 2 up top and 5 in either of the slim side pockets. Nice looking bag. Has ability for your name and PDGA number on it

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-29-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 17
Niced 125 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Another Halloween special from Grip EQ. 25% all remaining Black & Orange Grip bags (AX, B & C series).

Code --> GripHalloOrange
Thanks FP, glad I held off on the 17% code!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default UP Shift and Pinch

I have had the UP Shift and Pinch. I'll second the shifts tipping problem without anything in the bottle holder, also the rubber nubs on the bottom popped off after 6 months, and the extra belt zipper pockets are annoying. I got the pinch because it deals with all 3 of these issues.
I still use the pinch for summer casual, and a Grip AX for cold jacket weather rounds or longer days.

If anyone in Western Washington wants a Shift missing bottom nubs, hmu.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:21 AM
Eagle Member

Innova Factory store has a bag that is a good price, https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/prot...kpack-bag.html. It looks like a Grip AX 15 bag with more features and for $100 less. I might have thought about getting this if I did not have a bag already.