Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 340 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Shoulda bought a Grip.
I started thinking the same thing, at first. However, having recently played a few tournaments in the midwest (where the days can start in the 30s & end in the 60s) I was happy to have my Flak bag. The big upper storage pocket allows for the various layers that I had to take off & on.

Meanwhile my (more trendy) competitors were forced to carry the layers that wouldn't fit in the much smaller side pockets of their Grip bags. I'm not saying the Grip isn't a good bag. But for Midwestern golf (where the weather can change drastically from morning to afternoon) the Flak is a better solution, at least for me.

That said, I would like an update from the guys at Hyzer Bomb regarding the aforementioned upgrade/exchange program.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 573
Niced 198 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I started thinking the same thing, at first. However, having recently played a few tournaments in the midwest (where the days can start in the 30s & end in the 60s) I was happy to have my Flak bag. The big upper storage pocket allows for the various layers that I had to take off & on.

Meanwhile my (more trendy) competitors were forced to carry the layers that wouldn't fit in the much smaller side pockets of their Grip bags. I'm not saying the Grip isn't a good bag. But for Midwestern golf (where the weather can change drastically from morning to afternoon) the Flak is a better solution, at least for me.

That said, I would like an update from the guys at Hyzer Bomb regarding the aforementioned upgrade/exchange program.
I'm in Wisconsin and I totally get where you're coming from with the temperature swings (it was 30 degrees when I woke up at 9am this morning and is now 52 degrees) can fit a light fleece AND a hoodie (size Large) in my Grip A Series. I wasn't able to do that with my L Series.

The added space without adding a lot of bulk to the bag is great.

That said, I used to really liked the look of the Flak. Once Millennium put their name on it (where they put it, the bland font, etc), though, I felt it got less aesthetically pleasing.

The bag itself looked solid, though.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 140
Niced 340 Times in 151 Posts

I don't really mind the embroidered logo on the front. But, its small enough that anyone that doesn't like it could probably cover it with a patch or two. To me, it is much more understated than the huge Grip logos on the A-Series. Again, nothing wrong with it, they probably lead the pack in product recognition because of it.

As for the storage, I'm a bigger guy and wear a thick, XL hoody. So, I don't think it would fit in the side pockets of the Grip. It would be really great if Grip offered a couple different versions/models of the bag, including one with a larger upper storage pocket, but they don't.

I also love the side putter pockets on my Flak. All around, the layout of the bag is perfect for me, we just need to get the few issues resolved and it will be perfect all around.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I don't really mind the embroidered logo on the front. But, its small enough that anyone that doesn't like it could probably cover it with a patch or two. To me, it is much more understated than the huge Grip logos on the A-Series. Again, nothing wrong with it, they probably lead the pack in product recognition because of it.

As for the storage, I'm a bigger guy and wear a thick, XL hoody. So, I don't think it would fit in the side pockets of the Grip. It would be really great if Grip offered a couple different versions/models of the bag, including one with a larger upper storage pocket, but they don't.

I also love the side putter pockets on my Flak. All around, the layout of the bag is perfect for me, we just need to get the few issues resolved and it will be perfect all around.
I agree with you here. As for the storage on top I utilized that well at a tournament 2 weeks ago. When I had the Grip A Series bag, it was tough stuffing a Large Hoodie into one of the side pockets and when you did thats all that could be in it. With the Flak 3, I had a hoodie, some snacks, wallet, phone, keys in the top. Now, if they can get back to us on this upgrade deal I already have someone interested in my current bag.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Come on HB! Looks like at least a few are awaiting the 3rd run upgrade info!

The top storage area on mine is definitely sweet. Comparing that to a friend's new A-series and the Flak definitely has it beat in that area.

I have realized that the problems with my bag are minor in the scheme of things after playing more rounds. However it would be nice not to have to decide what to put in the top compartment based mostly on weight and a fear of eminent collapse. My makeshift anti-poke bottom setup isn't winning any style points either or getting many customers for HB in my area after I explain the reason for it.

Since it has been several weeks with no reply from them, I have given up mostly on being fully satisfied with my purchase, and just telling people that ask me just to drop the extra cash on a Grip or Mahal.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasfade View Post
Come on HB! Looks like at least a few are awaiting the 3rd run upgrade info!

The top storage area on mine is definitely sweet. Comparing that to a friend's new A-series and the Flak definitely has it beat in that area.

I have realized that the problems with my bag are minor in the scheme of things after playing more rounds. However it would be nice not to have to decide what to put in the top compartment based mostly on weight and a fear of eminent collapse. My makeshift anti-poke bottom setup isn't winning any style points either or getting many customers for HB in my area after I explain the reason for it.

Since it has been several weeks with no reply from them, I have given up mostly on being fully satisfied with my purchase, and just telling people that ask me just to drop the extra cash on a Grip or Mahal.
have you sent an email or just posted on here? just curious. I heard bags are supposed to arrive estimated 2nd week of november.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I have sent several emails to them and have not recieved a single response. Maybe it's my spam filter but it seems others have been in the same boat. Mainly I have posted on this thread recently since it seemed a month ago they were active/monitoring it.

I realize now I should have just returned it before I used it. It's an adequate bag but for the price I wanted more. I am probably not even interested in giving them too much more money at this point so I should probably just forget about the exchange program and make do. Like I said in an earlier post I just did not expect the making do feeling in this price range for any type of gear.

I think I was just hoping after having to jimmy rig my brand new 200 dollar bag that they would come out on here and take care of their customers quickly and generously. At least throw some of us a bone and let us know what future options may be. I will probably either sell mine or just live with it.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I sent another email this week since I saw that they posted about the purple bags on their Facebook page.....still no reply.
We may all be getting fudged in the b-hole here