Old 03-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasco da neumi View Post
we added some new holes to our private course recently. one of them has a double mando where you have to pass through 2 trees with a 25 ft gap. we wanted to establish the rule that if you have thrown too far and missed the double mando left or right you continue to play from your original lie, throw back and then (hopefully) pass the mando instead of a one-stroke-penalty and going to a dropzone. is there any official rule that supports this idea? all i could find is 804.02 stating penalty and dropzone if there is no dz: penalty and throw from your previous lie.
our course will never ever be anything like official and is strictly private but nevertheless we want to follow pdga-rules of course. we already played some minor tournaments and two of them had a double mando with rules like continue from your lie and make it through the mando.
so do you know of any legitimate rule supporting our idea? are there any yt-videos showing "our" ruling? or do you think this is completely bs and we should install a dropzone?
Just curious, but why do you want to play it this way?

A few questions on the hole:
- how far off the tee is this mando?
- how far from the pin is the mando?

My main concern here is twofold:
- if this course is to be used for pdga events you won't be able to use this ruling.
- depending on the answers to the above, it could be overly punitive. If the mando is close to the tee and I throw 200' past it I have to throw 200' back to the AND place the shot in a way that allows me to navigate the mando.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 07:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,944 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_b_4 View Post
But most everyone on the card (mostly newbies) thought the disc was in. So in order to not have problems I went with the majority and allowed the disc to be in bounds, giving the meter, and giving up a birdie putt. My question is which is the correct ruling for when this happens again? I still think it's OB explaining that just like if a disc is in a tree you have to mark the lay directly under, I explained if you make a mark under the twigs then its obviously OB, nobody else saw this.
If you don't make them play by the rules who is going to?