Old 04-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

I carry 22 discs in my standard Octo using just the main compartment and putter pocket without issue, that amount fits perfectly. At times I'll stick 2-4 extra discs in the larger side pocket on the very outside of the bag. I generally keep that pocket open and use it primarily for extra discs since it's sized perfectly for them. You can easily fit 5-6 drivers in there. So I'd say a standard Octo would carry your 24 no problem, along with all your other items.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 71 Times in 50 Posts

Every time I see new posts in this thread, I come over hoping to see some news about a mini-thorpe. I can't get that bag soon enough. A super comfortable, well built, smaller backpack that's an upgrade to my mojo is my dream. The Octo just seems way too big for my needs.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:16 PM

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 58
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

You and me both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2017, 08:18 PM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
Every time I see new posts in this thread, I come over hoping to see some news about a mini-thorpe. I can't get that bag soon enough. A super comfortable, well built, smaller backpack that's an upgrade to my mojo is my dream. The Octo just seems way too big for my needs.
When I had Levi fix my bag, I mentioned that people were really wanting a smaller version of the Octothorpe. He says the design is in the works and that it should be coming later this year. Levi (and his wife) really wants a smaller bag (Levi was rocking the new Kryptek Typhon octohaul) so it really seemed like a priority for him. He also mentioned that the new changes to the bag were to stream line the manufacturing so they could have the bags in stock more frequently. There have definitely been growing pains, but for those of us with the bag, we are more than willing to work through them with Levi since it (and the warranty) is bombproof.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 71 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethose View Post
When I had Levi fix my bag, I mentioned that people were really wanting a smaller version of the Octothorpe. He says the design is in the works and that it should be coming later this year. Levi (and his wife) really wants a smaller bag (Levi was rocking the new Kryptek Typhon octohaul) so it really seemed like a priority for him. He also mentioned that the new changes to the bag were to stream line the manufacturing so they could have the bags in stock more frequently. There have definitely been growing pains, but for those of us with the bag, we are more than willing to work through them with Levi since it (and the warranty) is bombproof.
I will patiently continue to carry my mojo until then. I've only heard good things about Levi and his work, which makes me super excited to see what he comes up with.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 154 Times in 101 Posts

My new whip. The Octothorpe fits great within the Zuca backpack cart. You will want fenders so that you can use the larger compartment but no issues getting it in or out of cart. And zero interference from seat to the putters in putter pouch.

I have 14 drivers + 5 midrange in the main compartment. 4 putters in putter pocket. 2 putters in putter sleeve on pole. 2 more drivers in side pocket. Total of 16 drivers, 5 midrange and 6 putters. That's impressive storage.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by bhadella; 04-18-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Why do fenders help with using the side pockets?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 13 Times in 13 Posts

Fenders keep the side pockets from rubbing on the wheels.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 32
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

All these pics with the Octothorpe in the zuca is great to see.
I had taken some measurements when the bag carts first came out, and didn't think it would fit very well, so I kind of wrote them off as not going to work.
There are a few around my neighborhood now so I may have to give it a closer look

Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 124
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 737 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
That pocket insert might be just what I need, thanks for the tip! The first time I saw those I thought it was just for the Octohaul...product is clearly called the Octothorpe Insert, tho.
So, bad news on the Octothorpe pocket insert. It's not big enough to hold 3 putters. I can easily hold 3 putters in that side pocket, so I just assumed that the pocket insert would also be large enough to hold at least that much. I can fit 1 putter in the pocket insert but that's stretching the sides outward. 2 might be possible, but it would take a lot of effort to get discs in/out (which is exactly what I thought the insert would help me avoid). 3 putters would rip the insert.

In the good news department: got my Octo rain fly yesterday, and it is awesome. Access to almost all of the pockets is solid: main front, top quiver, tall storage on both sides, and all 3 mini pockets. Access flaps self-close quickly with magnets. The only improvement I could imagine would be side flaps to access the lower pockets. However, you can get to those pockets by reaching between the back panel and the rain fly.