Old 06-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 58
Niced 236 Times in 140 Posts

Let it go. This has happened so many times in the past and Tim would have deleted it if he thought it deserved it. I thought nobody cared about the top 10.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2017, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,294 Times in 1,458 Posts

I don't care about the top ten; I just enjoy be amused by foolishness. "This is one of the worst courses in the world because I couldn't easily get back the disc I threw in the water" is too good to simply let go, at least, not quite yet.

And if I'm foolish for feeling this way, well, just take some amusement from it.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 51 Times in 30 Posts

wow sorry for upsetting you all, let me just say that while i was speaking in generalities, the reviews on this site are important to me. see i have a condition where my skin is really thin, and if i end up in a thicket or some adverse terrain i can end up with many cuts and abrasions. usually these obstacles are well stated in the reviews, and id go as far as to say that this website is the number one resource for disc golfers with thin skin! thank you all!!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
Customer service is make or break if you are looking to make money, or at least break even. You can have the best product in the world and lose if you have bad customer relations and service. My wife grew up in that area, and a lot of her family is in the region, and some right near Maple Hill. I have it wishlisted, and have been looking forward to playing it whenever we get over that way and have some time to spare. Now, I will be watching this thread, and be cautious. I would want to visit Marshall St. and play Pyramids, and Newton Hill sounds like a good course for me ("This is an intermediate player's dream."). Ya know what, those two courses are enough, forget Maple Hill.

I used snipping tool on it, and saved it.
You would be making a big mistake if you are that close to Maple Hill and don't play it, trust me.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Fiend View Post
You would be making a big mistake if you are that close to Maple Hill and don't play it, trust me.
Maybe so, maybe not. I doubt I have the skill, and especially the arm for it right now. What was the line from one of the Dirty Harry movies, "A man's gotta know his limitations"?Speaking of hypothetical future, where I have regained the strength I had several years ago (before some physical challenges), maybe it would be worth $20. Until then...?
Old 06-18-2017, 03:50 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 133
Niced 734 Times in 387 Posts

seems a legit review... at least it isn't some local boy love or hate... the guy had a terrible experience and felt he over-paid for that experience. I get it...

that review won't come down as a result...

that being said, I don't see a problem with a $20 pay-to-play... we disc golfers don't subsidize the courses we play very well... I always wonder how private courses stay in with a $5 donation system...
Old 06-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 54 Times in 34 Posts

Maple hill is absolutely magnificent. If you love Disc golf and are looking for a wonderful experience play there. Yes they raised their price but you get what you pay for. At Maple hill that means playing one of the best courses in the country that has 4 layouts and is perfectly manicured. Standing up on 1 for golds looking down and wondering if you can clear the pond is akin to Skiing Corbets Couloir at Jackson Hole or Surfing the Bonzai Pipeline(comparatively speaking for different sports). It seems expensive but that is because people are comparing it to other places. Prices are going up, Smugglers notch is now 10 dollars a round as well and they have 36 holes so it essentially costs the same thing.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 1341
Niced 606 Times in 235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
On DGCR, the number of 1/2 star courses that have received a 5 star rating is MANY times greater than 5 star rated courses receiving 1/2 star rating. So a guy gave an unjust rating to a place that everyone knows to be good to great, whoop-de-do.

I'd rather have that than a low traffic course unjustly be highly rated without being able to verify.
Show me a 1/2 star course with a 5 star review, I'm curious to see at least one of these MANY.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 240
Niced 346 Times in 174 Posts

Off the top of my head? This clown: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/revie...=8978&mode=rev

Old 06-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 61
Niced 127 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill Golf View Post
seems a legit review... at least it isn't some local boy love or hate... the guy had a terrible experience and felt he over-paid for that experience. I get it...

that review won't come down as a result...

that being said, I don't see a problem with a $20 pay-to-play... we disc golfers don't subsidize the courses we play very well... I always wonder how private courses stay in with a $5 donation system...
So if I get an ace at a course, that automatically makes it a 5 disc review because I had a great experience? And if I lose a disc that makes it a half disc because of my bad experience? What is this disc golf course experience review .com?

Niced: (1)