Old 06-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethose View Post
It does hold up in a mild headwind, but it just never seems to want to fade. I threw it in the bag today for a more wooded course and ended up going to a more wide open course after. I needed to throw a very straight shot into the wind and have it fade left. I hit the line perfectly but the Aviar3 never wanted to fade out of the shot and I was left with a 20+ footer.
I do get a little bit of that (no fade) from time to time, but I'm not getting turnover, which is the better thing to me. And again, I throw the Av3 for relatively longer shots, and Harps for shorter upshots. The Av3 has become almost a short mid for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 684 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Not to get off topic again but...
A local 980 rated guy in my area (Milwaukee) is sponsored by DD. I've played a few rounds with him recently. Plus I see him at tourneys. He is really good, he actually cashed at the GBO. DD told him it was preferred if he didn't wear any Lat or Westside clothing at tourneys. It's not in his contract, he said it was more of them asking nicely. He said he can throw any trilogy discs he wants. He just chooses to throw all DD, besides his putting putters. He's trying to find a DD putter he likes. He said he thinks a few years down the road they might try to make everyone only throw the main brand they're sponsored by. So he doesn't want to have to change his bag up if/when that happens. DD seems to be hinting at going that route.
Yea Robbie does it because he can see where the future is going and he is getting himself ready, but all 3 companies now can pretty much fill every hole in a lineup so its not really hurting him too much besides a putter. He loves the Mercy but DD doesnt have that slot filled so I think hes using Judges right now
Old 06-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

I have officially pulled the aviar3 from both practice and the bag. The DX are fun but nothing special for me. I really love the star for long backhand approaches, but they aren't enough different than a swirly s p2 once they beat in. And on flicks, they feel so much better in my hand, but I can still shape a rhyno better on hyzer, and a p2 or pna for a turnover. I played the same course tuesday and thursday for league this week. Tuesday, had the av3 in the bag with no p2 and one beat rhyno. Every time I needed to not hit something going wide on a hyzer I hit it, and every high flick faded back too early; the turn is too touchy on the beat one. At the angle I feel is correct, too much turn early on, and any wind keeps it turning. And angle that feels too hyzer stays too hyzer. Thursday, had a new rhyno, beat rhyno, and p2. Had people swooning over the lines I hit with the p2 on straight shots and hit all my hyzer lines with my rhynos. Just not enough chains on my long approaches, but I think I can improve that if I really stick to my guns. Classic PnA/mcpro aviar for close putts and turnovers, p2 for straight control, and two rhynos. One is a beat XG that stops where it lands, other is a new airforce gummy that holds a hyzer. No need for aviar3...

Niced: (1)
Old 06-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,494 Times in 689 Posts

I pulled them also. Well, traded them off.

Fun experiment, but I went back to Rhynos.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-30-2017, 02:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Anybody know if they plan on releasing the aviar3 in any other plastics, and when? I would love one in gstar.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

Probably in due time. There are a limited run of luster champs they did for CFR. Seems most putters usually end up in most plastics.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
Anybody know if they plan on releasing the aviar3 in any other plastics, and when? I would love one in gstar.
I'm interested in a Champion Aviar3, that will not season in very quickly (if ever), with the hope it holds its (over)stability.

I do understand why others are giving up the Av3 for the Rhyno/P2, which I've considered returning to. But I'm going to hold out with the Av3 for a while longer.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 37 Times in 18 Posts

If anyone needs a matching pair of new DX 172g for $18 shipped pm me.

Great disc, just been throwing rhynos too long, think these are longer tho.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'm interested in a Champion Aviar3, that will not season in very quickly (if ever), with the hope it holds its (over)stability.

I do understand why others are giving up the Av3 for the Rhyno/P2, which I've considered returning to. But I'm going to hold out with the Av3 for a while longer.
Agreed. Champ would be my next choice.

I can also see why people would revert to the Rhyno. I just replaced my beat up dx av3 with a fresh pro rhyno for now, but I still prefer the av3 for throwing.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 37 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spahnandsain View Post
If anyone needs a matching pair of new DX 172g for $18 shipped pm me.

Great disc, just been throwing rhynos too long, think these are longer tho.
and yes I have purchased the marketplace crown. I have a thread there with pics.