#241  
Old 02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,723
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
go ahead and try it, it will definitely challenge anything you have in that spot already.
Believe me I want one, I just made a deal with the wife, haha no more discs for some time, I stocked up on my winter discs and now already set on my summer set, The next disc I buy though will likely be an Alpha. I have these discs already FD, F5, Teebird (multiple, Teebird3, Volt, Amp (stable eclipse) so the stable fairway is a slot I kinda explored a ton already, also interested in the Infinite EXODUS - and of course the Alpha. I hear Alpha is like a Teebird3 with more glide and maybe not as OS? IS that fairly accurate? My eclipse amps seem to be about that already but definitely a flight I seek and is VERY useful. Maybe I can do a mini-tourney and get a bunch of alphas for people to use in an ace-race style like ya'll are doin' in Texas. Is that possible?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 02-06-2018, 03:29 PM
PocketSand's Avatar
PocketSand PocketSand is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 212
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
^are you local,pocketsand?
Haha, just went back and re-read my post; it definitely sounds like I'm a local and going to that thing! Haha, nah I just meant I'm ready to get my hands on some third runs!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Someth1ng Someth1ng is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 406
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
More will come! We just had to grow things properly and we'll slowly ramp up to a lot more.

I mean if it helps sell you on an Alpha, if I didn't own this company I'd be throwing this disc for sure. I threw OLFs, PDs, and QJLS. This disc covers all of that and more. The ultimate fairway driver to be powered up or down.
Do you have a feel for the 3rd run and what I can use to replace the river in my bag. I missed out on the Sublime Royal Blues which I think might be able to fit that bill, I know the purple Apex's are perfect for that straight control driver.

I need to buy more Alpha plastic
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 02-07-2018, 02:19 PM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,374
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someth1ng View Post
Do you have a feel for the 3rd run and what I can use to replace the river in my bag. I missed out on the Sublime Royal Blues which I think might be able to fit that bill, I know the purple Apex's are perfect for that straight control driver.

I need to buy more Alpha plastic
Not to be a buzzkill...but as far as I can tell, there may not be any that fly as straight out of the box as those 2 colors. The straight-to-flippy Alphas, while very nice in flight, are definitely outside the norm of intended flight. But trust me we love the straight ones just as much as everyone else. Those purples are crazy good.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 PM
ilovethose ilovethose is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 14
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Not to be a buzzkill...but as far as I can tell, there may not be any that fly as straight out of the box as those 2 colors. The straight-to-flippy Alphas, while very nice in flight, are definitely outside the norm of intended flight. But trust me we love the straight ones just as much as everyone else. Those purples are crazy good.

That does kill the buzz for me somewhat. I am not really a fan of the sublime plastic so I held off on getting any of the royal blues. I currently bag a 2nd run light blue, 2nd run purple, and 1st run pink. I was really hoping I could get something that would be almost flippy out of the box in the same mold. I guess I will have to stock up on purples and start a cycle. Looks like my stack of back up Alphas is going to be getting a little bit bigger.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,374
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethose View Post
That does kill the buzz for me somewhat. I am not really a fan of the sublime plastic so I held off on getting any of the royal blues. I currently bag a 2nd run light blue, 2nd run purple, and 1st run pink. I was really hoping I could get something that would be almost flippy out of the box in the same mold. I guess I will have to stock up on purples and start a cycle. Looks like my stack of back up Alphas is going to be getting a little bit bigger.
Yeah unfortunately it's not built to be an easy turnover disc. Most of the flippy colors were small in # and are a result of transitioning to other colors. Some runs/colors may pop out that way, like Apex purple that actually had a large stock quantity available. But the super flippy green and blue sublime from the last run are going to be rare. We call it a Power Fairway for a reason. 😎
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Someth1ng Someth1ng is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 406
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

ugg and my stoke of purples is not enough... I do understand the power fairway but much like the PDs this replaced, I am hoping to use it for the variety of shots.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:55 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,374
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someth1ng View Post
ugg and my stoke of purples is not enough... I do understand the power fairway but much like the PDs this replaced, I am hoping to use it for the variety of shots.
Yeah we definitely get this. It's why we like to be so transparent in how it's marketing especially when you look at the Serial #. Just look at the popular runs of PDs and Destroyers people dig through to find the ones that cover every shot. That mentality was a big part of what formed our branding and marketing goals. It sucks because we only have one mold in limit quantities, so the great ones get hoarded.

It's still a really good run of Alphas. The plastic feels great, plus the amazing art by Manny. It fits in the Alpha lineup for those carrying multiples.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:57 AM
jjtwinnova's Avatar
jjtwinnova jjtwinnova is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,068
Niced 193 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Are you taking recommendations on what mold to make next, or do you already have a plan...
Reply With Quote
 

  #250  
Old 02-08-2018, 01:26 PM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,374
Niced 226 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtwinnova View Post
Are you taking recommendations on what mold to make next, or do you already have a plan...
I think we have to take them lol

It's the number one question I get asked at mini's and local events.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check out the Mint Discs ALPHA driver! Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 2 05-14-2017 12:39 AM
11x CA Teebird, 2 very old mint Condors, 2 mint classic grid dx aviars tu-f-o The Marketplace 5 11-04-2013 09:14 PM
Mint CE discs.. cali The Marketplace 1 08-05-2012 09:33 PM
Mint 11x KC Roc - Mint 2 ring 12x KC Aviar - Star Destroyer *DS rj29274 The Marketplace 7 03-24-2012 07:52 PM
MINT Discovering the World Aviar XD...MINT MINT MINT!!! apdrvya The Marketplace 26 09-19-2011 10:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.