Old 06-12-2018, 03:01 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 692
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,554 Times in 708 Posts

The PDGA is unlikely to specify a narrower set of baskets than what they already approve at the Championship level. However, if a sponsor is providing them for a PDGA NT/Major event, then the PDGA is typically happy to use that model if the installation and logistics can be worked out.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2018, 03:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 505 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The PDGA is unlikely to specify a narrower set of baskets than what they already approve at the Championship level. However, if a sponsor is providing them for a PDGA NT/Major event, then the PDGA is typically happy to use that model if the installation and logistics can be worked out.
Is there any thought of updating the requirements for approval and/or a sunset period following approval?

As a side note, the PDGA has multiple provisions applied to player behavior and attire for elite events (based on professional appearance? to media?), while permitting rusted baskets.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 477 Times in 231 Posts

My thoughts on the BSF 2018

1) More than any other tournament, this one makes me want to go play the courses every year. Milo in the BSF set up seems magical to me and it's my kind of golf.

2) Watching GG throw in with a Sonic is my favorite thing in the realm of pros doing cool stuff right now

3) Eagle is a beast and if he can win on a woods course like Maple Hill or something else on the east coast he is no doubt the highest skilled player on tour IMO

4) Hole 14 at Milo West (I think) is my favorite Par 5 on tour for MPO.

Last edited by Lazerface; 06-12-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: one more thought
Old 06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 27.2
Courses Played: 73
Niced 97 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
My thoughts on the BSF 2018

1) More than any other tournament, this one makes me want to go play the courses every year. Milo in the BSF set up seems magical to me and it's my kind of golf.

2) Watching GG throw in with a Sonic is my favorite thing in the realm of pros doing cool stuff right now

3) Eagle is a beast and if he can win on a woods course like Maple Hill or something else on the east coast he is no doubt the highest skilled player on tour IMO

4) Hole 14 at Milo West (I think) is my favorite Par 5 on tour for MPO.
The Monster is 14E in the BSF set-up.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
LOL on wanting them to switch out 36 baskets for a 3 day event and then switch them back afterwards.
Yea, could you imagine the man hours this would take to replace baskets.... wait, never mind, that would be a pretty reasonable undertaking.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Eagle Member

OK, just ran through this thread and while I don't think the baskets at BSF are that bad, in my years of playing courses I have to agree with Brutal that baskets do indeed "wear out" to some degree and I have found that when rusty chains are replaced with new ones on the exact same model they do catch better. I'm sure the rust is just part of the issue and new chains = fresh new tightened up assembly as well, but damn JC, to argue that those baskets catch exactly as they did brand new seems silly to me.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 28
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
LOL on wanting them to switch out 36 baskets for a 3 day event and then switch them back afterwards.
That doesn't seem too unreasonable and it's definitely feasible. There's a small b or c tier tourney at my local course where they play two rounds on it in one day. In between the rounds they remove all the baskets and relocate them to the opposite end of the hole and then the 2nd round is played backwards. If they can move the baskets around in the middle of a tourney-day for a small-time tourney, I don't see an issue with replacing the baskets before the tourney even starts for a major event.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:11 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,554 Times in 708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
Is there any thought of updating the requirements for approval and/or a sunset period following approval?

As a side note, the PDGA has multiple provisions applied to player behavior and attire for elite events (based on professional appearance? to media?), while permitting rusted baskets.
A minor tweak to the target specs will be coming soon that should have positive ramifications moving forward. Just waiting for the "Go ahead and publish" statement from PDGA HQ.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to add the phrase "in good repair" to the target standards for tiers table in the Tour Standards. Currently, rusty chains do not technically remove a target from being approved for championship play.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 28 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Umm... No...

Why shouldn't we have the best equipment at our best events? The DGPT has a higher standard, why shouldn't the PDGA?
The DGPT trailer was on site. Complete speculation on my part, but maybe they were scouting the event to add it to their tour in the future.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 4
Niced 275 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgov1209 View Post
The DGPT trailer was on site. Complete speculation on my part, but maybe they were scouting the event to add it to their tour in the future.
In Feb or march Dodge said that the van was going to be at a couple of stops other than to the DGPT... But i doubt BSF would take a step down from an NT to a DGPT... Unless something happens to the NT...