Old 07-26-2018, 01:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Between old mold Beast and Orc on mine, but mine is a 170. I was told by fellow players that theirs, 174/175, were more overstable.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Would you say its similar to an ORC in flight?
I'd say its a bit less OS than an Orc unless it was really beat. The one I got felt almost like a thunderbird

Old 11-02-2018, 04:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts
Default Musket

Bagged one of these for a couple rounds today. Lat64 has a winner on their hands with the Musket. Mine is opto 167g. This is an absolutely outstanding driver. It works perfect for shots that are about 30' short of max power where accuracy is needed. The Musket is a speed 10 driver that much reminds me of a champion Orc or Starfire. It doesn't have outstanding glide, but it has a very neutral flight with no high speed turn and a fairly gradual late fade. Straight disc. No S curve. Good dome.

I found the Musket to be great for 375'-410' shots. I could give it all the arm I had and the disc wouldn't flip over or even turn. Laser straight. The Musket probably went 25' further than my Thunderbird, but had the same flight characteristics. From the first throw I felt like I could control the disc well, and I was putting it very accurately to all the baskets I threw at. I really liked the Musket because I felt like I could throw it hard and not have it drift right and go off course.

I'd say the Musket is NOT for beginners. It isn't the easiest disc to throw, and it takes some pretty decent armspeed to flatten it out for good distance. I had one throw where I missed it pretty bad, and the disc simply stalled out and died quickly.

Musket: 10, 4, 0, 2. Into headwinds the Musket would turn just the tiniest bit, but for the most part I wasn't seeing any high speed turn here. The Musket holds a flat line for a long time before fading. The fade is gradual and not dumpy. Disc seems like something right in the middle of an Orc and Starfire.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Bagged one of these for a couple rounds today. Lat64 has a winner on their hands with the Musket. Mine is opto 167g. This is an absolutely outstanding driver. It works perfect for shots that are about 30' short of max power where accuracy is needed. The Musket is a speed 10 driver that much reminds me of a champion Orc or Starfire. It doesn't have outstanding glide, but it has a very neutral flight with no high speed turn and a fairly gradual late fade. Straight disc. No S curve. Good dome.

I found the Musket to be great for 375'-410' shots. I could give it all the arm I had and the disc wouldn't flip over or even turn. Laser straight. The Musket probably went 25' further than my Thunderbird, but had the same flight characteristics. From the first throw I felt like I could control the disc well, and I was putting it very accurately to all the baskets I threw at. I really liked the Musket because I felt like I could throw it hard and not have it drift right and go off course.

I'd say the Musket is NOT for beginners. It isn't the easiest disc to throw, and it takes some pretty decent armspeed to flatten it out for good distance. I had one throw where I missed it pretty bad, and the disc simply stalled out and died quickly.

Musket: 10, 4, 0, 2. Into headwinds the Musket would turn just the tiniest bit, but for the most part I wasn't seeing any high speed turn here. The Musket holds a flat line for a long time before fading. The fade is gradual and not dumpy. Disc seems like something right in the middle of an Orc and Starfire.
Yours must be more stable than the tc muskets I saw during the challenge. I liked mine a lot, but it’s not as hss as even my gstar thunderbird, and nowhere near my champ. We had a couple headwind drives with OB on the right, lots of people were landing OB.
I found with a clean throw and slight hyser I could get a nice flex into the wind. I was probably throwing it ~350’, so not as far as you’re getting it out.
I think I’d rate it 10/4/-1/2. Maybe -.5 turn? Great disc though.
I wonder if the production run is more stable than the tc run?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Yours must be more stable than the tc muskets I saw during the challenge. I liked mine a lot, but it’s not as hss as even my gstar thunderbird, and nowhere near my champ. We had a couple headwind drives with OB on the right, lots of people were landing OB.
I found with a clean throw and slight hyser I could get a nice flex into the wind. I was probably throwing it ~350’, so not as far as you’re getting it out.
I think I’d rate it 10/4/-1/2. Maybe -.5 turn? Great disc though.
I wonder if the production run is more stable than the tc run?
The Musket I have is a TC. I won't even really call the disc beefy. It wasn't dying out left prematurely. It sure as heck isn't flippy though. I'd say it flies like a new champion Orc (without any high speed turn). Who knows though, maybe this one is beefier than others. Whatever the case, I was liking it a lot. It seemed to have a bit less clunky flight than a Starfire too.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
The Musket I have is a TC. I won't even really call the disc beefy. It wasn't dying out left prematurely. It sure as heck isn't flippy though. I'd say it flies like a new champion Orc (without any high speed turn). Who knows though, maybe this one is beefier than others. Whatever the case, I was liking it a lot. It seemed to have a bit less clunky flight than a Starfire too.
Ya I wouldn’t call it flippy either, just not a true 0 turn like a Teebird or thunderbird. Seems like a pretty solid control type driver, hasn’t quite made my bag yet though.

How do you find the distance compares to your orc?
Old 11-02-2018, 10:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Ya I wouldn’t call it flippy either, just not a true 0 turn like a Teebird or thunderbird. Seems like a pretty solid control type driver, hasn’t quite made my bag yet though.

How do you find the distance compares to your orc?
I haven't thrown an Orc in quite a while. I'd say the distance is similar though. I'll agree the Musket is a control driver. I'm not out there cranking on it for sheer distance bombs.

Definitely one of Lat64's better driver offerings. I don't think DD has anything like it either. A speed 10 driver that will go straight for a long way without flipping is a thing of beauty.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
I haven't thrown an Orc in quite a while. I'd say the distance is similar though. I'll agree the Musket is a control driver. I'm not out there cranking on it for sheer distance bombs.

Definitely one of Lat64's better driver offerings. I don't think DD has anything like it either. A speed 10 driver that will go straight for a long way without flipping is a thing of beauty.
Have you thrown a getaway yet? Curious how musket compares.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr32 View Post
Have you thrown a getaway yet? Curious how musket compares.
I have one, but have yet to throw it. Next time I play I'll toss the Getaway in the bag and see what I think.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

I'd assume the Musket and Getaway would be similar in non-windy conditions, but with the Getaway holding up better in headwinds. We'll see if that ends up being Twmmcoy's result (prove me right, man!)