Old 04-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 30 Times in 17 Posts

I am curious now if mine is a fluke. It's Z plastic, very stiff with a decent dome. It's pretty stable/overstable, to where it's almost a longer drone for me. (Maybe not quite so beefy).

For those of you who've thrown it, how far can you get it? Is it in keeping with stalker/mantis/fairway distance, or more mid?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 341 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I'll keep testing it to see if it will get in my bag but I think it may replace my Stalker.
In my opinion, more like a Buzz than a Stalker...

I bag Stalkers & Buzzes. The Zombee was right between them but didn't fly differently enough (for me) to consider adding it or replacing either the Buzz or the Stalker...

IMO, it is a good disc for quick rounds at the local 9-er or form training during field work.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,004 Times in 556 Posts

I need to hyzerflip my Zombees to keep them straight, but maybe I just got some odd unstable ones. Seems most people feel they are fairly stable.

I have a couple in Z right now that make the bag in the glow season. In the dark everything seems longer and I'm a bit apprehensive with my throws so I miss short more often. The extra speed makes up for it and these get pulled out more than my Buzzz. Most of the glow holes we setup aren't over 330, though. Again, for me, darkness (and beer) add 20-30 feet to each hole.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

I have a fly dye (clear Z plastic) that is super flat and really stable. Definitely like a slower stalker.

Doesn't look like regular run Zombees though.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 676 Times in 534 Posts
Default Zombee

Pulled a Z Zombee out of a nasty creek today and gave it some tosses. Fairly unique disc here. Its technically a driver, but flies very slowly, somewhat like a mid. Very floaty with lots of glide. I thought it had about the same flight path as a Heat, but much slower. Extremely straight flier. I wasn't noticing any S curve or major high speed turn. It also doesn't really fade much at the end of flight. The Zombee lands very gently and keeps a straight line throughout the entire flight.

The biggest surprise for me with this disc was the fact that it was resistant to turning over. A couple tosses were into slight headwinds and the Zombee stayed straight and floated nicely. I can't really think of a use for this disc, but I was actually able to throw it easily and accurately. It has a very narrow rim and is noticeably slower than a Teebird.

I'd say the Zombee is effective out to about 350'. Anything longer than that you'll probably need a faster disc.

Zombee: 6, 6, -1, 1. Strange numbers on this disc. Never thrown anything that flew like a Zombee. Very little high speed turn, yet very little (if any) low speed fade. Great glide too. The Zombee floats along softly. Its a very slow disc, which I think limits distance potential. Probably a great disc for new players or weak throwers. I don't really have a slot for a disc like this in the bag, but I actually enjoyed throwing it and think it could be useful.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,779 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Pulled a Z Zombee out of a nasty creek today and gave it some tosses. Fairly unique disc here. Its technically a driver, but flies very slowly, somewhat like a mid. Very floaty with lots of glide. I thought it had about the same flight path as a Heat, but much slower. Extremely straight flier. I wasn't noticing any S curve or major high speed turn. It also doesn't really fade much at the end of flight. The Zombee lands very gently and keeps a straight line throughout the entire flight.

The biggest surprise for me with this disc was the fact that it was resistant to turning over. A couple tosses were into slight headwinds and the Zombee stayed straight and floated nicely. I can't really think of a use for this disc, but I was actually able to throw it easily and accurately. It has a very narrow rim and is noticeably slower than a Teebird.

I'd say the Zombee is effective out to about 350'. Anything longer than that you'll probably need a faster disc.

Zombee: 6, 6, -1, 1. Strange numbers on this disc. Never thrown anything that flew like a Zombee. Very little high speed turn, yet very little (if any) low speed fade. Great glide too. The Zombee floats along softly. Its a very slow disc, which I think limits distance potential. Probably a great disc for new players or weak throwers. I don't really have a slot for a disc like this in the bag, but I actually enjoyed throwing it and think it could be useful.
you typed a lot for only needing to say "its the disc slot between a stalker and a buzz that never needed to be filled"
Old 02-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Par Member

Niced 70 Times in 36 Posts

Just arrived in the mail today!
My 3rd Zombee, 177g, first run in mint green.

This is one of my go-to discs in my bag, and have 2 aces on my first one, and 1 on the 2nd my buddy lost after only owning it for a couple months.

If I had a signature disc, it would be the Zombee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190214_134755.jpg (133.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 511 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Just arrived in the mail today!
My 3rd Zombee, 177g, first run in mint green.

This is one of my go-to discs in my bag, and have 2 aces on my first one, and 1 on the 2nd my buddy lost after only owning it for a couple months.

If I had a signature disc, it would be the Zombee!
Discraft puts out some of the best looking discs. Really good mold. I hope more players catch on to it.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,172 Times in 548 Posts

I aced with a Zombee during the Ace Race years ago, on a huge uphill hyzer shot.

Hit metal on a weird flip up FH shot too.

I always thought it was a great disc.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:54 PM

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

I’m all about the STORM!!! Sneaky long

Start with a teeny bit of hyzer and it glides longer than snapping a buzz 350. Perfect woods disc. Or when the buzz isn’t enough and the fd/teebird is too much or too aggressive.

The hybrid profile looks the same. Looking for a match that’s not too expensive to replace and wondering what Zombee is most “overstable”???

(which by this definition is able to go 350 on a rope, minimal fade or turn, maybe with a bit of flat snap or tight hyzer flip shape for a 400 driver arm)