#2151  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,261
Niced 1,289 Times in 755 Posts
Default

Looking at Discraft flight chart it΄s very "empty" between the 5-speed Drone and 9-speed Raptor and Predator on the very OS side. . .so a OS speed-7 is needed in the lineup
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2152  
Old 06-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,974
Niced 249 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Gotta say I am really enjoying all these people on the book of faces wringing their hands over this round of mystery boxes from DC. Comedy gold IMHO.
Im guessing discraft is mainly unloading low selling accessories and plastic as "mysteries". I knew that going in but wanted at shot at the "extras".

Would have probably been more worth it to get the 10pk of discs instead of 4-5 discs and swag.

Discraft is in the spotlight this year. Everything they do will either be really loved or really hated. #innovaproblems
Reply With Quote
  #2153  
Old 06-03-2019, 07:49 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,832
Niced 1,076 Times in 538 Posts
Default

So will this new fairway driver be the end of the Stalker? I don't think they can afford to crowd the lineup too much like other companies do. I think if a new speed 7 straight fairway comes out it will kill the stalker and probably even cut into the necessity for the undertaker (which I think is Discraft's premier fairway driver)

Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.
Reply With Quote
  #2154  
Old 06-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,261
Niced 1,289 Times in 755 Posts
Default

Quote:
Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.
I think many of the "speed-9" disc that is around 19mm Rim more feels like a driver than a fairwaydriver. . .i really like those 17-18mm Rim discs.
But i can see your point, more and more people have those 19mm as fairways and then use +22mm Drivers

For me that like max 21-22mm Rim drivers i think those 19mm fairways are to close in speed. .

But i΄m old and is use to a time when Teebirds where a "Ultra long range Driver" hehe
Reply With Quote
  #2155  
Old 06-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,754
Niced 510 Times in 316 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.
I use an FD3 or Thunderbird a lot for os FH but a beefy Teebird is as fast as I use for BH. I need to slow it down to that speed 7 to get os control because I just can't get that same snap on a BH with a faster os disc.
Reply With Quote
  #2156  
Old 06-03-2019, 11:46 AM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,829
Niced 1,004 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Gotta say I am really enjoying all these people on the book of faces wringing their hands over this round of mystery boxes from DC. Comedy gold IMHO.
I couldn't find any posts... is there a particular page you're seeing these?
Reply With Quote
  #2157  
Old 06-03-2019, 12:12 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,652
Niced 1,621 Times in 674 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I couldn't find any posts... is there a particular page you're seeing these?
Pretty sure it was either the Discraft All Day page or the Disc Golf Debate page or Disc Golf Feedback (or whatever it’s called) page.
Reply With Quote
  #2158  
Old 06-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,443
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think many of the "speed-9" disc that is around 19mm Rim more feels like a driver than a fairwaydriver. . .i really like those 17-18mm Rim discs.
But i can see your point, more and more people have those 19mm as fairways and then use +22mm Drivers

For me that like max 21-22mm Rim drivers i think those 19mm fairways are to close in speed. .

But i΄m old and is use to a time when Teebirds where a "Ultra long range Driver" hehe
I must have been just after that, the longest disc in 2004 after playing for a year with a Rubber Putter was an Orc but most player did not like that disc or the Beast both the speed 10 discs as they both had awkward rims I guess the Avenger was longer but it was hard to tell as at the time Discraft did not put the traditional numbers to there discs for the longest time. Still the Ultra long range could be found on the DX and the CE versions of the disc and the Pro had the modern set words though some discs like the Pro Shark and Pro Classic ROC still said Multipurpose on the disc even thogh the Pro Shark was in midrange on the chart and the Classic ROC was with putters at the time on the chart.
Reply With Quote
  #2159  
Old 06-03-2019, 02:21 PM
texasissouth's Avatar
texasissouth texasissouth is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Northern Virginia
Years Playing: 4.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 706
Niced 291 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
So will this new fairway driver be the end of the Stalker? I don't think they can afford to crowd the lineup too much like other companies do. I think if a new speed 7 straight fairway comes out it will kill the stalker and probably even cut into the necessity for the undertaker (which I think is Discraft's premier fairway driver)

Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.
You can pry my Tridents from my cold, dead hands
Reply With Quote
 

  #2160  
Old 06-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Shankski's Avatar
Shankski Shankski is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 18
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

People will buy and throw whatever McBeth is pushing. The Thunderbird is the perfect example. It’s measurements and flight are essentially an early Z regular Avenger (which is OOP for discraft).

But put McBeth and the “bird” suffix and you’re golden
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discraft Sale, throwers/collectors, low prices zmannz1984 The Marketplace 4 07-08-2016 09:18 PM
DGCR scores vs. the rest scores Grinder12000 General Disc Golf Chat 14 06-25-2013 06:59 PM
Innova/Discraft/Gateway/Cryztal/Glow/12X as low as $4.50 shipped!! Bamm The Marketplace 3 05-28-2012 09:51 PM
Low Priced Discraft...1 Rare....Cash Prices.... kffreddy The Marketplace 11 02-17-2012 04:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.