Old 06-02-2019, 11:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,289 Times in 755 Posts

Looking at Discraft flight chart it΄s very "empty" between the 5-speed Drone and 9-speed Raptor and Predator on the very OS side. . .so a OS speed-7 is needed in the lineup
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 249 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Gotta say I am really enjoying all these people on the book of faces wringing their hands over this round of mystery boxes from DC. Comedy gold IMHO.
Im guessing discraft is mainly unloading low selling accessories and plastic as "mysteries". I knew that going in but wanted at shot at the "extras".

Would have probably been more worth it to get the 10pk of discs instead of 4-5 discs and swag.

Discraft is in the spotlight this year. Everything they do will either be really loved or really hated. #innovaproblems
Old 06-03-2019, 07:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,076 Times in 538 Posts

So will this new fairway driver be the end of the Stalker? I don't think they can afford to crowd the lineup too much like other companies do. I think if a new speed 7 straight fairway comes out it will kill the stalker and probably even cut into the necessity for the undertaker (which I think is Discraft's premier fairway driver)

Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,289 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Jolt, I'd argue that the overstable speed 6-7 slot is vastly unnecessary these days. For example, how many people still throw Banshees or Blazes? Xtremes or X-Clones? Vipers, Tachyons, Whippets, or Tridents? I don't really see anyone throwing these discs anymore and most are even out of production because they simply don't sell. Then, compare how many people are throwing firebirds, felons, predators, raptors, etc. Almost everyone has a disc for this slot speed.
I think many of the "speed-9" disc that is around 19mm Rim more feels like a driver than a fairwaydriver. . .i really like those 17-18mm Rim discs.
But i can see your point, more and more people have those 19mm as fairways and then use +22mm Drivers

For me that like max 21-22mm Rim drivers i think those 19mm fairways are to close in speed. .

But i΄m old and is use to a time when Teebirds where a "Ultra long range Driver" hehe
Old 06-03-2019, 11:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 510 Times in 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I use an FD3 or Thunderbird a lot for os FH but a beefy Teebird is as fast as I use for BH. I need to slow it down to that speed 7 to get os control because I just can't get that same snap on a BH with a faster os disc.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,004 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Gotta say I am really enjoying all these people on the book of faces wringing their hands over this round of mystery boxes from DC. Comedy gold IMHO.
I couldn't find any posts... is there a particular page you're seeing these?
Old 06-03-2019, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1,621 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I couldn't find any posts... is there a particular page you're seeing these?
Pretty sure it was either the Discraft All Day page or the Disc Golf Debate page or Disc Golf Feedback (or whatever it’s called) page.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think many of the "speed-9" disc that is around 19mm Rim more feels like a driver than a fairwaydriver. . .i really like those 17-18mm Rim discs.
But i can see your point, more and more people have those 19mm as fairways and then use +22mm Drivers

For me that like max 21-22mm Rim drivers i think those 19mm fairways are to close in speed. .

But i΄m old and is use to a time when Teebirds where a "Ultra long range Driver" hehe
I must have been just after that, the longest disc in 2004 after playing for a year with a Rubber Putter was an Orc but most player did not like that disc or the Beast both the speed 10 discs as they both had awkward rims I guess the Avenger was longer but it was hard to tell as at the time Discraft did not put the traditional numbers to there discs for the longest time. Still the Ultra long range could be found on the DX and the CE versions of the disc and the Pro had the modern set words though some discs like the Pro Shark and Pro Classic ROC still said Multipurpose on the disc even thogh the Pro Shark was in midrange on the chart and the Classic ROC was with putters at the time on the chart.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 291 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
So will this new fairway driver be the end of the Stalker? I don't think they can afford to crowd the lineup too much like other companies do. I think if a new speed 7 straight fairway comes out it will kill the stalker and probably even cut into the necessity for the undertaker (which I think is Discraft's premier fairway driver)

You can pry my Tridents from my cold, dead hands

Old 06-04-2019, 06:40 PM

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

People will buy and throw whatever McBeth is pushing. The Thunderbird is the perfect example. It’s measurements and flight are essentially an early Z regular Avenger (which is OOP for discraft).

But put McBeth and the “bird” suffix and you’re golden