Old 06-17-2019, 10:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 85 Posts

Wizards (in baseline) is quite consistent between runs/flex.

Again I stress high shoulder being a sign for a good wizard. Most are good though. I have some double stamps and seconds that are not higher shouldered, but all my standards lately have been great.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 PM
Par Member

Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

To be super duper honest, your probably gonna like the plastic as long as you dont get any of the multiple S plastic blends. (Super Stinkin Soft, SSSS, etc.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:06 AM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 23 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
To be super duper honest, your probably gonna like the plastic as long as you dont get any of the multiple S plastic blends. (Super Stinkin Soft, SSSS, etc.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I'll prob just take the plunge in the next day or so. Even discs I don't use I still like having... It's nice to have a huge stack of whatever when throwing in the field. And I can always try and sell or trade!
Old 06-18-2019, 03:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 676 Times in 368 Posts

Yeah I would say if at all possible, feel them up before buying. Of talk directly to a person that can feel them up for you and describe them and you can ask more questions. Stiff erasers are indeed superb if you can find them.

I dont like floppy putters and thus have tried to steer away from SSSS at least, but even in SSS there are some pretty darn stiff ones that I have grown to like.

I have 20 or so Wizards and still not sure what the "high shoulder" means...
Old 06-18-2019, 06:43 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 577 Times in 308 Posts

Wizards are my favorite disc. I fondle them daily. I went on a spending spree after this discovery. My favorite putting putters are erasers and organics. They both have a rubbery/velvety touch to them (organics can differ). They are still stiff which I like. Firm, medium, S and SS make for great throwers. I'm not a fan of SSS and 4S, they start getting close to floppy.
Now... If you can track down some fossil wizards, you will find the best of both worlds. In my opinion it's the best plastic ever made for putters.

And as always... Fondle first, Buy in pairs.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 74
Niced 137 Times in 103 Posts

Dont worey about the plastic name or flexibility. Just talk to a salesman and tell them what feel you want and they will get it for you
Old 06-18-2019, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,945 Times in 1,671 Posts

I just buy SS...life's too short to be super picky about Wizards.

Niced: (3)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 19 Times in 13 Posts

Even the worst Wizard is still grippier than the best Aviar.

I never understood the "firm" part being a must. That being said - there are certainly Wizards firmer than any Aviar.

The Wizard mold got tweaked quite a few years ago though, so there's actually two molds - the current Wizard mold (with thicker flight plate) and the old Proto Wizard mold, which does glide and fly farther - but will clover once they get super beat. The Nikko Wizards they recently ran (sold out) were run using the proto mold. If you somehow can find your hands on one of these, they are probably the Wizards you want.

Otherwise - I would recommend trying a Firm (relabel of Soft), SuperSoft, $ (Money), Organic, Special Blend, and Eraser Wizards. I know it's a lot, but once you figure out which one of these you like the best - it is super easy to stock up on them. The recent runs have all been consistent and not super different like the old years-past runs. If you like premium plastic - the new Diamond, Platinum, and HD plastics are all fantastic - but be forewarned, they do fly a bit shorter and do not glide as much as the baseline Wizards do.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 19 Times in 13 Posts

Bear in mind that I live in Ohio, and in the fall, early spring, and all winter - SS and up are pretty much unusable (firm up too much). I use SSS, 4S, RFF, and Lunars those times of the year. So if you live in an area where you'll be throwing discs in weather 50F and below, there's nothing wrong with picking up multiple flexes of Wizards. I don't use the 4S and RFF in the summer as they are too floppy, and SSS can be too floppy as well, but once fall hits, those start coming back out.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 65
Niced 115 Times in 85 Posts

I liked my PW wizards through a full Colorado winter. Just wished they werent white.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk