Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 65
Niced 587 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designjah View Post
Heh. No worries. I got a chuckle out of it. I'm not sure there were ANY disc golf courses in Finland back when I moved here...

Met you at last year's USDGC... I'm sure you met about 5000 people that week Thanks for everything you do for the DG scene.

Let's get the thread back on track... Charlotte DGC up to 471!
Jah mon! You still playing guitar?

*back on topic*
My local club, Apple Valley is small and young but we have a dedicated group of players and they’re damn good people.

**quoted the wrong post
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2019, 12:44 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Music City Disc Golf in the Nashville,TN area has about 270 this year, and will most likely finish the year over 300.

They run bag tag monthlies from February to October that rotate to all the various local courses, with a championship held in November. The monthlies got so big last year that they split them up between Pro & Am so that every member could participate each month. No club member is turned away. They also run 2-4 C-Tiers and an A-Tier, Music City Open (Aug 2-4), seen on Central Coast Disc Golf last year and again this year.

The amount of locals, members & non-members, in Nashville is pretty great to see. If a tree falls on the course, they are quick to cut it up and clear it out. Not too mention they are always working on course improvements on the many local courses. They also try and support some of the other neighboring clubs.

May not be the biggest club out there, but sure has to be one of the best.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-08-2019, 04:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 48 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designjah View Post
Heh. No worries. I got a chuckle out of it. I'm not sure there were ANY disc golf courses in Finland back when I moved here...

Met you at last year's USDGC... I'm sure you met about 5000 people that week Thanks for everything you do for the DG scene.

Let's get the thread back on track... Charlotte DGC up to 471!
The first course was built to Meilahti, Helsinki back in 1983.

Niced: (1)