#11  
Old 07-05-2019, 09:37 AM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,721
Niced 576 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I can't wait for the MX-3v2Max
hahahahahahaha X1Xv2MAx500
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2019, 10:29 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,457
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
That's because that naming convention only works if discs are released in order of stability. As soon as you make one that falls in the middle of two current discs, you have nothing to call it that makes any sense.
Agreed...which, 4 years ago, I predicted would happen.

In golf, one can get away with this type of numbering, as entire lines are introduced all together and OOPed all together.

The Waterfall method requires extensive upfront planning, which with the way the PDGA requires molds to be approved, and the lack of money in the sport, does not lend itself to disc golf.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2019, 11:27 AM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 791
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Agreed...which, 4 years ago, I predicted would happen.

In golf, one can get away with this type of numbering, as entire lines are introduced all together and OOPed all together.

The Waterfall method requires extensive upfront planning, which with the way the PDGA requires molds to be approved, and the lack of money in the sport, does not lend itself to disc golf.
Yep. This exactly. I usually get bashed by the fanboys when I offer my opinion on this subject....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2019, 01:20 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,721
Niced 576 Times in 424 Posts
Default

I will say, I still appreciate the naming system, If they just STUCK with it and when a mold needed updating just Keep the name the same and update the mold - make an announcement, but once its updated just call it the H2 or the M3 without the need for the rest. IDK, I have OCD about organization and I've created a whole line of discs (as a dream, in a spreadsheet hahahaha) so yeah I know what I'm doin ha. But still Prodigy wtf - also I hope their new discs don't have wicked flashing like some of my prod's from the past. I'm still a fan of a lot of their stuff tho.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-05-2019, 01:36 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,457
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I will say, I still appreciate the naming system, If they just STUCK with it and when a mold needed updating just Keep the name the same and update the mold - make an announcement, but once its updated just call it the H2 or the M3 without the need for the rest. IDK, I have OCD about organization and I've created a whole line of discs (as a dream, in a spreadsheet hahahaha) so yeah I know what I'm doin ha. But still Prodigy wtf - also I hope their new discs don't have wicked flashing like some of my prod's from the past. I'm still a fan of a lot of their stuff tho.
That's what they did at first, and the reason I took all their discs out of my bag. Changing the mold without changing the name is even worse.

As Prodigy is using version number now, if I find a disc that works for me, I will put one back in the bag now. Too bad that did not happen until after I had pretty much had my bag locked down.

The only thing left not locked is an understable mid, the Piwakawaka is auditioning that spot now, and an Inertia replacement. I love the Inertia, but do not like the Neutron it has been ran in since the Wrath was released...too flexible.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-05-2019, 01:51 PM
texasissouth's Avatar
texasissouth texasissouth is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Northern Virginia
Years Playing: 4.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 705
Niced 287 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I can't wait for the MX-3v2Max
It will slot in right next to the Vrocx3+

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-05-2019, 04:26 PM
myllys myllys is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 232
Niced 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

I met Seppo at the course in Turku today and I got to fondle a MX3. It’s an M3 with a bead more or less.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-05-2019, 05:38 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 791
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I will say, I still appreciate the naming system, If they just STUCK with it and when a mold needed updating just Keep the name the same and update the mold -
The naming system is doomed to fail. As stated above, what happens when you produce discs out of order in stability, or a disc comes out more or less stable than intended? In theory it's a fantastic idea, but doesn't actually work. Prodigy is currently proving that.


And changing a mold up, and keeping the name, is a terrible terrible idea.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:25 PM
paulw paulw is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 130
Posts: 560
Niced 104 Times in 42 Posts
Default

I have never owned any Prodigy -- but I am always willing to try any manufacturer's Roc knock-off as I'm always hoping for an X-Wasp. (Discraft has the best "base" plastic for that mold . . . .they just won't make it anymore . . . sigh . . .)

What's Prodigy's 350 plastic like?
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:34 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is online now
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,073
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
I have never owned any Prodigy -- but I am always willing to try any manufacturer's Roc knock-off as I'm always hoping for an X-Wasp. (Discraft has the best "base" plastic for that mold . . . .they just won't make it anymore . . . sigh . . .)

What's Prodigy's 350 plastic like?
IMHO, Prodigy 350 is the best putting putter plastic on the market. Firm, not too slick, not too grippy. Prodigy made it for their pros, and you can google it and read up on it.

I have an M3 (Prodigy's Roc-'ish' disc), though in 400g plastic, but it should be really good in 350. Disc Golf Center has a couple.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by SD86; 07-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prodigy BP-3 Carson Windholz Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 7 07-27-2019 12:06 PM
New Prodigy D5 Qstick333 The Marketplace 1 09-09-2014 06:11 AM
Prodigy 500 series plastic and Prodigy team stamp putter collincarter_ The Marketplace 1 01-20-2014 09:49 AM
Prodigy Players' NON-Prodigy Discs In Their Bags tu-f-o Discs 56 01-08-2014 03:17 PM
Prodigy M4 Hyzerbomber The Marketplace 1 03-15-2013 06:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.