Old 07-05-2019, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
That's because that naming convention only works if discs are released in order of stability. As soon as you make one that falls in the middle of two current discs, you have nothing to call it that makes any sense.
Agreed...which, 4 years ago, I predicted would happen.

In golf, one can get away with this type of numbering, as entire lines are introduced all together and OOPed all together.

The Waterfall method requires extensive upfront planning, which with the way the PDGA requires molds to be approved, and the lack of money in the sport, does not lend itself to disc golf.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Agreed...which, 4 years ago, I predicted would happen.

In golf, one can get away with this type of numbering, as entire lines are introduced all together and OOPed all together.

The Waterfall method requires extensive upfront planning, which with the way the PDGA requires molds to be approved, and the lack of money in the sport, does not lend itself to disc golf.
Yep. This exactly. I usually get bashed by the fanboys when I offer my opinion on this subject....
Old 07-05-2019, 01:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 576 Times in 424 Posts

I will say, I still appreciate the naming system, If they just STUCK with it and when a mold needed updating just Keep the name the same and update the mold - make an announcement, but once its updated just call it the H2 or the M3 without the need for the rest. IDK, I have OCD about organization and I've created a whole line of discs (as a dream, in a spreadsheet hahahaha) so yeah I know what I'm doin ha. But still Prodigy wtf - also I hope their new discs don't have wicked flashing like some of my prod's from the past. I'm still a fan of a lot of their stuff tho.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,007 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I will say, I still appreciate the naming system, If they just STUCK with it and when a mold needed updating just Keep the name the same and update the mold - make an announcement, but once its updated just call it the H2 or the M3 without the need for the rest. IDK, I have OCD about organization and I've created a whole line of discs (as a dream, in a spreadsheet hahahaha) so yeah I know what I'm doin ha. But still Prodigy wtf - also I hope their new discs don't have wicked flashing like some of my prod's from the past. I'm still a fan of a lot of their stuff tho.
That's what they did at first, and the reason I took all their discs out of my bag. Changing the mold without changing the name is even worse.

As Prodigy is using version number now, if I find a disc that works for me, I will put one back in the bag now. Too bad that did not happen until after I had pretty much had my bag locked down.

The only thing left not locked is an understable mid, the Piwakawaka is auditioning that spot now, and an Inertia replacement. I love the Inertia, but do not like the Neutron it has been ran in since the Wrath was released...too flexible.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Niced 287 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I can't wait for the MX-3v2Max
It will slot in right next to the Vrocx3+

Old 07-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Par Member

Niced 72 Times in 55 Posts

I met Seppo at the course in Turku today and I got to fondle a MX3. It’s an M3 with a bead more or less.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 6
Niced 494 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I will say, I still appreciate the naming system, If they just STUCK with it and when a mold needed updating just Keep the name the same and update the mold -
The naming system is doomed to fail. As stated above, what happens when you produce discs out of order in stability, or a disc comes out more or less stable than intended? In theory it's a fantastic idea, but doesn't actually work. Prodigy is currently proving that.

And changing a mold up, and keeping the name, is a terrible terrible idea.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 130
Niced 104 Times in 42 Posts

I have never owned any Prodigy -- but I am always willing to try any manufacturer's Roc knock-off as I'm always hoping for an X-Wasp. (Discraft has the best "base" plastic for that mold . . . .they just won't make it anymore . . . sigh . . .)

What's Prodigy's 350 plastic like?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,147 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
I have never owned any Prodigy -- but I am always willing to try any manufacturer's Roc knock-off as I'm always hoping for an X-Wasp. (Discraft has the best "base" plastic for that mold . . . .they just won't make it anymore . . . sigh . . .)

What's Prodigy's 350 plastic like?
IMHO, Prodigy 350 is the best putting putter plastic on the market. Firm, not too slick, not too grippy. Prodigy made it for their pros, and you can google it and read up on it.

I have an M3 (Prodigy's Roc-'ish' disc), though in 400g plastic, but it should be really good in 350. Disc Golf Center has a couple.

Last edited by SD86; 07-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.