Old 04-29-2019, 12:56 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Park Designs View Post
Holy cow. It's a Pinch! There are so many things about a great bag that they remade so terribly, but I guess that's what you need to do to get the price to $20. It's sad to see these bigger companies fight to make absolute crap bags. You'll also notice that it has no Ogio branding, that's because Ogio would never put their name on something like that. That's a bare-bone, direct China copy of the Pinch. There is no doubt in my mind that they sent one of my bags to China and told them to copy it.

Let's break it down. The easiest way to determine if a bag is a reversed engineered copy is to follow the material paneling. You'll notice from the side stretch mesh, to the lower front zipper pocket, the way the bottom material wraps up and is sewn in-between the side and the front, matches the Pinch. The profile paneling with the slimmed top, the "baseball like" curved stitching on the circle flap, the top webbing strap with dual D-rings... it bring back so many memories! It's almost comical how little they tried to do things on their own. "Oh he's got a little pocket on the top, let's put a zipper there...." What's funny is the parts they chose not to copy are all the parts that cost money. Not even worth going into at this point, but from one bag manufacturer to a company that had always tried to make relatively good bags, this is a sad step in the wrong direction and you've lost my respect.

I'm sure they will sell a ton, but when they break down in a year, at least they've got people interested in the design of the Pinch.
Plus it has a huge ugly blue front pocket with the most hideous logo on the front! I dont use my pinch for disc golf but have carried it as my EDC every day since Christmas 2017 and its still in almost brand new shape. I would never take DD's knockoff into my place of business that thing looks hideous.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 176 Times in 95 Posts

Anyone found a nice way to attach a tri leg stool to their pinch v2?
Old 05-29-2019, 03:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 4 Posts

Apparel restock? Specifically polos?
Old 06-05-2019, 07:39 PM

Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any idea when the Draw v3 will be released? Or if there will be more v2's produced, they are out of stock on the website currently?
Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 48 Times in 34 Posts

I like the Shift and the Pinch, if I have understood correctly the Rebel is kinda big brother hybrid of those two?

Shift feels fantastic but at the moment I usually carry around 16-18 discs and would prefer a slightly larger bag, anyone got experience how Rebel works with that amount and how is the comfyness compared to the Shift and Pinch?

UPD does not seems to have any Rebels in stock..
Old 07-17-2019, 02:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 447 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHatch View Post
Shift feels fantastic but at the moment I usually carry around 16-18 discs and would prefer a slightly larger bag, anyone got experience how Rebel works with that amount and how is the comfyness compared to the Shift and Pinch?
UPD Rebel is my main bag. I carry around 18 discs in the bottom compartment just fine. I can only compare to the Shift, but I'd say for the extra capacity it is just as comfortable. Usually I carry 21-25 discs, 2 32-oz drinks, a stool, towels, snacks, a rain jacket, etc. Holds up great; a solid bag.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-17-2019, 12:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,070 Times in 534 Posts

Anyone used the shift with a water bladder/camelback/hydropack in it yet? Wanting to lighten my load this weekend in terms of discs/weight, while still being able to hold a ton of water.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:38 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the v2 pinch. It’s a great bag I like it a lot but unfortunately one of my straps is ripping off.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:50 PM

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 11
Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

Just got the Shift v6, had been on the fence for years about switching to a backpack, the weight distribution of the Shift sold me - and it has not disappointed! My first day out was Beaver Ranch (Conifer, CO), I was practically bounding up steep inclines instead of crawling up them hunched over like I used to with my old tourney+quads setup. That alone was worth the price of admission.

Niced: (1)

Old 08-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Park Designs View Post
Holy cow. It's a Pinch! There are so many things about a great bag that they remade so terribly, but I guess that's what you need to do to get the price to $20. It's sad to see these bigger companies fight to make absolute crap bags. You'll also notice that it has no Ogio branding, that's because Ogio would never put their name on something like that. That's a bare-bone, direct China copy of the Pinch. There is no doubt in my mind that they sent one of my bags to China and told them to copy it.

Let's break it down. The easiest way to determine if a bag is a reversed engineered copy is to follow the material paneling. You'll notice from the side stretch mesh, to the lower front zipper pocket, the way the bottom material wraps up and is sewn in-between the side and the front, matches the Pinch. The profile paneling with the slimmed top, the "baseball like" curved stitching on the circle flap, the top webbing strap with dual D-rings... it bring back so many memories! It's almost comical how little they tried to do things on their own. "Oh he's got a little pocket on the top, let's put a zipper there...." What's funny is the parts they chose not to copy are all the parts that cost money. Not even worth going into at this point, but from one bag manufacturer to a company that had always tried to make relatively good bags, this is a sad step in the wrong direction and you've lost my respect.

I'm sure they will sell a ton, but when they break down in a year, at least they've got people interested in the design of the Pinch.
I have lost so much respect for DD in the last year that I'll never buy any product from them.

However, I'll continue to buy UPD and tell people your bags are great because I've had a Rebel V4 for almost two years now and it still looks brand new and I use it atleast four to five times a week.

If anyone cares why, here are my reasons for disliking DD.

1. Rusco promoting fracking. If you don't know why fracking is a HUGE problem, Google it.
2. McCabe's arrogance is showing through. Watch their podcast. He seems genuinely disinterested in it. Also, watch the "is this disc right for you?" series video on the Gatekeeper. A few days before that video, people were saying stable is straight (that's another item I won't dive into), but he states in the video about stableness with an ass hole tone. Basically, he's trolling anyone who doesn't have his thought process.
3. I know this links with Lat 64, but their plastic is pure crap. I hit a metal light pole from about 150 feet away with a Lucid disc which caused it to produce a huge gouge in the disc. Knowing that shouldn't have happened, I took a few other discs i have to compare. The plastics were Innova Star, Legacy Icon, Prodigy 400(s), and Discraft Z. I stood maybe 20 feet from the pole and hit each one on it. None of these plastics gouged the way theirs did. Only dents or scuffs.

I think there is another issue, but I can't remember right now. Add on this direct rip off of the Pinch, just verifies my dislike for their company. Overhyped products is all I see from DD now.