Old 08-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 136
Niced 238 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
I see a "new" course has been added in McKinney. Another course named after B.B. Owen. Pizza God says it's too overgrown to play and the pictures taken back it up. It looks like it might be playable in late winter. This is the first I've heard of it.

Does anyone know the history of this course? http://dgcour.se/10934
this is part of a new planned development. Heading out there soon with a measuring wheel, will try to put a map together. DG course in lower right corner.

Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 327
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 244 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Just in the top 10? Granted since the Grapevine course was pulled, it's good to have another course in the area, but I was hoping it would be an elite professional course providing something we didn't have in the area. (Pause to read the reviews here..) Too bad it's a short course, the longest holes are only about 420. Sounds like a good course to challenge the local scene, but it's not going to attract the big tournaments to the area. With Turner Park going away, I was hoping this course would fill that void.

it definitely is a short course but it is also moderately to heavily wooded. i don't have more than 350 at best so it's an appropriate challenge for me. but yeah, not going to attract a national attendance or audience.

the two 423' holes, which are back to back, are the most open on the course. the first has a gap to hit about 120-150' out... but the birdie play is really a huge hyzer or flex over that and across the field to the pin. the second is totally open but does have a culvert and sloping ground in the center of the fairway to avoid. neither are particularly interesting holes.

1 & 17 are long, straight, fairly tight tunnels. at 351' and 384' each, they're more like white/blue tweeners but definitely not gold level. 11-13 and to a lesser degree 2-3 are the really tight, shorter holes that are more like blue-gold level birdies. the rest of the holes are easy birdies for blue and gold level but there is a lot of sloping ground where you could have some bad luck. the par 4s are really soft.

i haven't made my second visit yet but i'm fairly sure i'll be revising my rating down a 1/2 by the time i do. it's not a better course than Trophy Club or Towne Lake, just looking at the north side. it's not better than Z-Boaz, Turner, or Harry Myers. personally i think Vets is overrated so i won't make a comparison there. it is in the 3 most wooded courses in DFW probably. it does offer a character that is not so common around here, closest to Towne Lake or Coyote i guess?

Niced: (1)

Last edited by dreadlock86; 08-26-2019 at 11:33 PM.