Old 06-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

Bump. Maybe someone can answer my question from 8/17/18? After that post I cleaned it and put it away, only to have the oil come back. Frustrating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Remember those first run Pinnacle Clutches that came out recently? The clear ones? Yeah, mines already CE-ified. Shouldn't be so damn finger printy from being stored in a cool dark place inside a ziplock back inside an air tight storage bin. Anyone hear about this on the facebooks or elsewhere?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinnacle Clutch.jpg (97.2 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,152 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Bump. Maybe someone can answer my question from 8/17/18? After that post I cleaned it and put it away, only to have the oil come back. Frustrating...
Speaking as someone with a degree in Chemistry, from what I'm reading about all this, the disc is going to leach that oil (or solvent) even in storage. Maybe cold storage, i.e. refrigeration/freezing, would slow it down or stop it, but it's gonna do what it's gonna do...

Niced: (1)
Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 695 Times in 394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Speaking as someone with a degree in Chemistry, from what I'm reading about all this, the disc is going to leach that oil (or solvent) even in storage. Maybe cold storage, i.e. refrigeration/freezing, would slow it down or stop it, but it's gonna do what it's gonna do...
I'm familiar I appreciate the comment though. More meant is this every FR Pinnacle Clutch and why did Legacy not test/notice/recall them or something. The infamous fingerprinty CE took over a decade to get that way...
Old 06-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,152 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
I'm familiar I appreciate the comment though. More meant is this every FR Pinnacle Clutch and why did Legacy not test/notice/recall them or something. The infamous fingerprinty CE took over a decade to get that way...
I can only guess that it didn't show up immediately, and it's not really a safety issue warranting a safety recall, so they just drove on...

Old 06-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 86
Niced 283 Times in 151 Posts

Legacy just seems to have this issue with certain runs. Many 5-year Rampages are looking like this already too. People love the early run "bleeder" clutches, that's more or less the same thing.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Anybody got any experiences to share about the Recluse? Placed in my order with Infinitediscs for a Recluse, Skyline Outlaw and Pinnacle Bandit. Have thrown the other two, Bandit far less than the Outlaw (have six, soon seven different variants of Outlaw ), have the other Legacy mids, now filling the lineup with the Recluse. Of course will find out once it gets here (2-3 weeks from US to Finland has been the norm in the past, even during busy holiday season), but some expectations, especially in comparison to say a beefier Ghost or Pursuit (which is BEEF from personal XP) would be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 705 Times in 289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamtheMan View Post
Anybody got any experiences to share about the Recluse? Placed in my order with Infinitediscs for a Recluse, Skyline Outlaw and Pinnacle Bandit. Have thrown the other two, Bandit far less than the Outlaw (have six, soon seven different variants of Outlaw ), have the other Legacy mids, now filling the lineup with the Recluse. Of course will find out once it gets here (2-3 weeks from US to Finland has been the norm in the past, even during busy holiday season), but some expectations, especially in comparison to say a beefier Ghost or Pursuit (which is BEEF from personal XP) would be appreciated.
I felt one at the shop last week. It will be BEEF, it’s a gator clone.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,076 Times in 538 Posts

Are FR/2R outlaws worth anything these days?
Old 07-29-2019, 05:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Have they changed the name of the upcoming mid-range? It thought it was going to be named the Vandal and found one of such for sale on Ebay. However, doing some research out of the blue, found a Legacy Flight Chart 2019 on their site, which lists the fifth mid as Valor (5-5-0-2 numbers). Their pro shop also sells a Valor (but no Vandal).

Old 07-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 466 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamtheMan View Post
I've thrown one recluse a few times. Crazy overstable. I think I would give it a 2 glide at most. Thrown on a big anny it fights out and just keeps turning back over to the ground. At no point did the disc think about flying flat. Very similar to a justice but maybe even more overstable.