Old 04-13-2014, 11:42 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 125 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I'm sure you will get this.

Take drums as an example. You buy a cheap kit when you are in high school and it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys, then you develop a bit of an ear and you want a cleaner sound so you start spending money to replace cymbals and upgrade heads. Eventually you blow a big wad of cash on an upgraded kit becasue you get to be a drum snob and you can't stand to be seen around that cheap kit that you loved when you were 16. You get more and more critical and picky the more you get into it. Bike guys are like that. Beer guys are like that.

For some reason we are not. Everything is awesome in our World. Not that it's a bad thing; I'm just not sure why that is.
I think the refinement of gear selection in disc golf is more about how you build your bag and the combination of all this similar stuff on the market. There's vintage and boutique stuff, but it's not crazy high-end material/price, it's just less-distributed or old and scarce.

Nowdays it's like having a drum module with every possible drum generator/sample in it, and eventually you refine a kit palette out of its endless and relatively equal possibilities. You never get sick of the source, you just learn to pair it with complementary tastiness.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I saw the title I thought this was a thread about Innova GStar...
You have a valid point though; it does seem like people over exaggerate how good a plastic is. That said, most people have not used very many plastics, so any (good) premium plastic will feel "amazing."
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 659 Times in 320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
... that's what she said.

Can't believe it took 4 pages.
Well, I was gonna say it, but didn't want to be responsible for landfilling the thread.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Disc selection and plastic type is very subjective. Some people like broccoli, some people don't, some people only like it with cheese, etc....
Heck I'm really picky when it comes to my putters (I'm sure everyone else here is too, or at least I hope so). i could go through a bin of 500 and only find one. But at least I found that perfect one with the right grip and perfect softness.