Old 03-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

I don't care what they said...
Is the Verdict or Bard less turning over in headwind conditions? Both lucid/vip and close to max weight? I'm not happy with the Pain in windy conditions. It fades nice but still doesn't like headwind too much.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
I thought I had read somewhere that they said the most overstable mid in the Westside lineup. I stand corrected they did indeed say in the entire trilogy lineup. I was wrong. I'll stop taking now.
Well, you're not totally wrong. The actual quote was:

"This midrange is by far the most overstable in the Westside line, and possibly the most overstable mid in the entire trilogy family."

Just makes it sound more overstable than it really is.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Big Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomte View Post
I don't care what they said...
Is the Verdict or Bard less turning over in headwind conditions? Both lucid/vip and close to max weight? I'm not happy with the Pain in windy conditions. It fades nice but still doesn't like headwind too much.
Neither Verdict or Bard will turn over into a headwind unless it's a massive headwind. Bard is more Roc, while Verdict is much more unique. Of course, Rocs also don't turn over into headwinds...
Old 03-05-2015, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 253 Times in 165 Posts

OS mid is probably the least set spot in my bag - I like the Suspect and Harp as tweeners, and got a heavy Pain I was working with before the snows fell that looked promising, but it was a bit of a truck. Speed 5 with wind fighting would be the target, hence my interest in Bard, and now Verdict as well.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Big Country

Verdict is the better choice in your particular situation.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Dynamic can do no wrong with their mids by all accounts. I'll probably try them both.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 177
Niced 118 Times in 73 Posts

I had two VIP Bards out for 72 drives on a mid-friendly course. In four rounds I carded a -5, -6, -6, and -6. My normal with a regular bag (2 putters, 2 mids, and 1 fairway driver) is between -4 and -6.

The numbers on the disc are 5, 4, 0, 3. I would put it closer to 5.5, 3.75, 0, 2. Whoever called it a more stable Roc is right on the money. This disc is not overstable at all. Granted, I torqued hard for the first initial throws thinking it was going to be overstable, but even when I started backing off it remained dead straight with only a minimal fade. The only time that it exhibited overstableness was when I accidentally give it nose up and got it into the wind. At that point it would stall and crash hard left (no elevator action like you would see out of other discs, just up and crash). Otherwise it was dead laser-straight when torqued, and fairly straight with only a mild and very predictable fade when at normal or just slightly under-powered.

As my above scores indicated on that 9-hole course, it had almost no learning curve. I suspect that once it becomes seasoned more, and the weather improves so I am not worried about my footing, that it will truly turn into a workhorse mid. Assuming I can make some trades and build up some paypal, I am confident that I could go all in and removing both my Truths and Verdicts, pairing the Bard with my Claymore, Warden, and Harp for all my driving duties.

For reference, the course has two holes under 190 feet, one at 320 feet, and the remaining six around 240-260. Most of the holes incorporate numerous trees, forcing you into one or two lines.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I had two VIP Bards out for 72 drives on a mid-friendly course. In four rounds I carded a -5, -6, -6, and -6. My normal with a regular bag (2 putters, 2 mids, and 1 fairway driver) is between -4 and -6.

The numbers on the disc are 5, 4, 0, 3. I would put it closer to 5.5, 3.75, 0, 2. Whoever called it a more stable Roc is right on the money. This disc is not overstable at all. Granted, I torqued hard for the first initial throws thinking it was going to be overstable, but even when I started backing off it remained dead straight with only a minimal fade. The only time that it exhibited overstableness was when I accidentally give it nose up and got it into the wind. At that point it would stall and crash hard left (no elevator action like you would see out of other discs, just up and crash). Otherwise it was dead laser-straight when torqued, and fairly straight with only a mild and very predictable fade when at normal or just slightly under-powered.

As my above scores indicated on that 9-hole course, it had almost no learning curve. I suspect that once it becomes seasoned more, and the weather improves so I am not worried about my footing, that it will truly turn into a workhorse mid. Assuming I can make some trades and build up some paypal, I am confident that I could go all in and removing both my Truths and Verdicts, pairing the Bard with my Claymore, Warden, and Harp for all my driving duties.

For reference, the course has two holes under 190 feet, one at 320 feet, and the remaining six around 240-260. Most of the holes incorporate numerous trees, forcing you into one or two lines.
What kid of distance were you getting these out to?
Old 03-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 20
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Mine are 171g VIP and 180 TP.

I agree. flies roc like. I'm pretty happy with it. It is not replacing any of the other mids in my bag but I think it has a spot. Verdicts dont turn. Truths can, but they dont come back. This turns and comes back, which is pretty invaluable.

Glad to have it in the bag and to get some practice with them early in the season.

(ftr I was throwing them ~300, longest hole on the course I was playing :/ they could go plenty further with some more turn.)

Last edited by World Eater; 03-05-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Banned

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

whens someone going to admit that this is the same thing as a warship..