Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 81
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default C-Line DD

Has anyone tried one of these. My theory is that this disc will truely be a faster TeeBird. Many discs claim this already but none really deliver. Dismania's website says the disc was going to hit the market last week but every online store I have talked to says they've never heard of it. WTF?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Given my experience with P and S DDs, I don't think it will fit the faster teebird mold. Too much fade on that disc.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 114
Niced 14 Times in 7 Posts

I have never thrown the DD or PD, but from reading about them on here and DGR, the PD seems to be the almost unanimous winner for longer Teebird. But that just from reading, not from experience.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Have you tried the PD? That tends to behave like a faster Teebird...though, in general, the faster discs will have more fade so keep that in mind. PDs seem to need a little seasoning to get into that glidy, straight flight.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts

The dd was just released overseas according to discmania.its been availablr on this side of the pond. Discnation has had these prob for the past 3/4 weeks. Theyre like a more stable champ wraith. Prob close to the older wraith x's / teerex x's

If u want a longer teebird. Get a spd,its lile a teebird and eagle put together
Old 11-01-2011, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Based on flight characterisics of the TeeBird (7, 5, 0, 2) My theory is that like a Champion TeeBird that has to be beat a little before it flies dead straight, the C-Line DD (11, 5, 0, 2) in Champion plastic will fly very similar but with more distance potential. I don't like the eagle like flights with an early turn and then a strong fade at the end. I like dead nuts straight, very torque resistant, zero turnover, straight finish (no pun intended).

Now if I could just get my hands on one. Discnation does not have them and had never heard of them when I called them. They are checking into it.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:11 PM

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinding View Post
Now if I could just get my hands on one. Discnation does not have them and had never heard of them when I called them. They are checking into it.
Thats interesting... because they're on the website
Old 11-01-2011, 06:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 12
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

you can't go by the numbers, bro...
Old 11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinding View Post
Based on flight characterisics of the TeeBird (7, 5, 0, 2) My theory is that like a Champion TeeBird that has to be beat a little before it flies dead straight, the C-Line DD (11, 5, 0, 2) in Champion plastic will fly very similar but with more distance potential. I don't like the eagle like flights with an early turn and then a strong fade at the end. I like dead nuts straight, very torque resistant, zero turnover, straight finish (no pun intended).

umm ive seen them there. not sure if theyre in the warehouse because the warehouse inventory is diff from the store inventory. ive seen them in store because i asked my buddy zj.

anywho..when i say eagle/teebird ..the pd has the HSS of the tb and the LSS of an eagle making it very straight. i need to let you throw one of mine. i have one super beat and its so buttery.

it can handle winds. you saw me throw my c line in those monster winds at osp and those are more stable than the s line.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Oh sweet. Discnation finally put them on their website. I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow and give it a shot.

@ Peebs I like to go by the numbers. When I take a crap I study disc flight charts and when I'm out on the course I see if the discs flights jive with the charts. Most of them are a pretty darn good indication, especially Innova's. The Roc, TeeBird, and Aviar are very popular discs for a reason and it's probably because they have that killer combination of being HSS and not too LSS. If Innova is coming out with a new faster version of these discs then I want to try it. You can have your Pro Katana and I will throw my C DD. What's wrong with that? Will it be a meathook the first few times I throw it? Probably just like the new Nuke I got out of the mail today. Will it turn into a disc that I can throw a 350' lazer into a headwind? I hope so. I'll let you know.