#2291  
Old 08-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Jkosk's Avatar
Jkosk Jkosk is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 861
Niced 170 Times in 93 Posts
Default

There is something like 600 left? Not sure if they put all 2k up at once or not, though.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2292  
Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 PM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cascadia
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,634
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I have 3 AR Mantis.. Manti.. whatever. All are very hard to hold on to... but fly awesome. I switched out to the Banzai due to the lack of grip on them.
Both my 2015 Ledgestone Ti Comet and my Ti Sting are very grippy and I love both.
I think that the Ti blend used to make those AR Mantis discs was inferior to the initial run. They don't seem as durable and do have a different grip.

There are certainly variations in blends within a given plastic name. Case in point, X putters are very soft and flexible compared to a driver in X plastic. I'm pretty certain that the manufacturers tweak the formula based on the type of mold being run. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm our deny that theory.
Reply With Quote
  #2293  
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM
MANBURGARLAR's Avatar
MANBURGARLAR MANBURGARLAR is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 468
Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Discrafts X soft is for putters and “elite X” is basically the equivalent of “driver pro” for innova drivers. Innova has different/softer pro plastic for putters aswell.
Reply With Quote
  #2294  
Old 08-15-2019, 09:57 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 7,860
Niced 1,784 Times in 1,028 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
I think that the Ti blend used to make those AR Mantis discs was inferior to the initial run. They don't seem as durable and do have a different grip.

There are certainly variations in blends within a given plastic name. Case in point, X putters are very soft and flexible compared to a driver in X plastic. I'm pretty certain that the manufacturers tweak the formula based on the type of mold being run. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm our deny that theory.
depending on how long youve thrown discraft youll remember the changes in hard vs soft and sticky vs slick and mix and match between all those

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2295  
Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 PM
BigFlickLuke BigFlickLuke is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 22
Niced 14 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I wonder what the five time McBeth stamp will look like.
Reply With Quote
  #2296  
Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 PM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cascadia
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,634
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
depending on how long youve thrown discraft youll remember the changes in hard vs soft and sticky vs slick and mix and match between all those
Exactly.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2297  
Old 08-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,460
Niced 740 Times in 632 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Discrafts X soft is for putters and “elite X” is basically the equivalent of “driver pro” for innova drivers. Innova has different/softer pro plastic for putters aswell.
Yeah and Discraft did this first, it seems that only an initial run of regular X plastic that was made for Discraft putters when the putters first came out in X. The Putters went to a Soft X soon after. That Soft X ruined the Putt'r as that is the only production plastic that disc came in except the initial 5,000 first run of the Putt'r a Pro D was made and then the disc was as a first Run in Soft X soon after.

This is unlike Innova where in most of the 2000's 99% of putters not the Big Bead Aviars done in the signature production Pro plastics were Driver Pro as the only main Pro plastic. The Rhyno was the only production putter not in Driver pro but a floppy Driver Pro until the R-Pro came out with the Dart in 2009.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-15-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2298  
Old 08-16-2019, 01:08 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,834
Niced 1,006 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Ti color choices blow goats...
I see this mentioned from time to time, but only the first runs were exclusively those muddy tones. They've been running them like the attached pic, from at least 2014 on. I've seen greens, yellows, pinks, and oranges almost pushing fluorescent level brightness.

I throw Ti Roaches, because they are the most OS version, and the grip feels like Z to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg color choices.JPG (60.6 KB, 45 views)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2299  
Old 08-18-2019, 01:18 AM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,757
Niced 512 Times in 318 Posts
Default

I wanted to stop by & remind everyone how good Stalkers are. Put one in your bag. Tell your friend to put one in their bag. ESP Stalkers should exist.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #2300  
Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 AM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 283
Niced 355 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I see this mentioned from time to time, but only the first runs were exclusively those muddy tones. They've been running them like the attached pic, from at least 2014 on. I've seen greens, yellows, pinks, and oranges almost pushing fluorescent level brightness.

I throw Ti Roaches, because they are the most OS version, and the grip feels like Z to me.
I guess I’ve just had bad luck when looking at Ti discs then and mainly only seen the greens and brown/tan.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discraft Sale, throwers/collectors, low prices zmannz1984 The Marketplace 4 07-08-2016 09:18 PM
DGCR scores vs. the rest scores Grinder12000 General Disc Golf Chat 14 06-25-2013 06:59 PM
Innova/Discraft/Gateway/Cryztal/Glow/12X as low as $4.50 shipped!! Bamm The Marketplace 3 05-28-2012 09:51 PM
Low Priced Discraft...1 Rare....Cash Prices.... kffreddy The Marketplace 11 02-17-2012 04:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.