Old 07-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Stable control driver

So I have been throwing a PD as my stable control driver, and while it is a great disc and will most likely stay in my bag, it flips a little more then I was hoping for. Ive actually been using it more for long hazer-flip to slight turnover shots. I have one in both S and G plastic ( 172,174) and they are pretty similar.

Im looking for something I can really crank flat and it will stay dead straight with fade at the end. Are C PDs much more overstable? Or should I look into something in the Pred/Firebird/Monster category?

Side note: i throw Resisters also, but looking for something with a little more D
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2016, 07:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

C-PD's are more overstable, definitely. Or for same speed and very similar feel, QOLF.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap-it View Post
C-PD's are more overstable, definitely. Or for same speed and very similar feel, QOLF.
I carry C-TDs, and I think they are gonna be replaced with my S-PDs, especially once they begin to break in more. Maybe ill try a C-PD before going to another mold, but have been very interested in a predator type disc
Old 07-11-2016, 07:30 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

MVP tesla.

Faster PD really. Proton/neutron/plasma plastic all fly similar at max wt. Fission will be US the
lighter you go with 150s being stable.

I bag a volt (pd) and tesla is my volt with a little more d/headwind flighting ability and some skip action.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:40 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
MVP tesla.

Faster PD really. Proton/neutron/plasma plastic all fly similar at max wt. Fission will be US the
lighter you go with 150s being stable.

I bag a volt (pd) and tesla is my volt with a little more d/headwind flighting ability and some skip action.
From the research I've done on the tesla it doesn't seem to have as much HSS but faster compared to the PD is this true in your experience?
Old 07-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Get yourself a fresh C-PD /thread.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:01 AM
FROLF OFF!

Tesla doesnt really turn, at all. Even the stable proto plasma with dome had great HSS just less fade.

Only tesla without the HSS are sub 150g fissions. Not sure where it says they turn but not my experience at all. Its a workable OS control driver though not stupid beef. Id dont even throw anything more OS and max at around 400' with volts/tesla.

Super flat tesla (concave almost) can be pretty OS-- Even once seasoned they dont really turn but fade gets softer.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Tesla doesnt really turn, at all. Even the stable proto plasma with dome had great HSS just less fade.

Only tesla without the HSS are sub 150g fissions. Not sure where it says they turn but not my experience at all. Its a workable OS control driver though not stupid beef. Id dont even throw anything more OS and max at around 400' with volts/tesla.

Super flat tesla (concave almost) can be pretty OS-- Even once seasoned they dont really turn but fade gets softer.
Yep...and all mine(3) are. They'll stand up into a headwind, but no visible turn whatsoever.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:11 AM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
I used Aim’s well-seasoned 167 Neutron Tesla for headwind drives at a breezy ice bowl this weekend. Normally using an untested disc at a tournament is a bad idea, but Tesla does what it does pretty reliably.

The seasoned 167 Neutron seemed to stay straight a little line longer compared with my fresh 157 Protons, but I did not get in enough throws to be sure. Scuffed-up Neutron definitely felt grippier than Proton with 15F temperature and snow on the ground.

Thanks Aim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
my loose-plate teslas with the dome are the straightest drivers i've ever thrown for the rim width. i'm tempted to put up a wanted thread for low PLH teslas with the loose flight plate and dome, but it's kind of niche. haven't had any luck finding more in the stores. i don't really find myself using them a lot, which is kind of funny since i like them so much, but whatever. i stand by my assertion they are very similar to my seasoned gpd. just straaaaaaaaaaight. a little flip, some fade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
My 3 Neutron Tesla's all have very high PLH and are devoid of any curvature of the wing...and they are overstable as all get out. Matched one of them up to a bud's Tesla on the course, and he was like "oh wow!" My Tesla's have been relegated to exclusively headwind duty, and they shine in that role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
All my Teslas were beefy and I throw 450'. I only have first run Tesla Teslas and Skulboy Teslas though.
From tesla thread^ good luck in your new disc search!

Old 07-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Bogey Member

Thanks Think ill pick up a C-PD first then go from there. growing more interested in the tesla though, as I'm a big fan of MVP/Axiom