#251  
Old 09-27-2018, 08:02 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,082
Niced 2,153 Times in 1,585 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Threw a CD3 for the first time today. C line. 175ish. Very nice, bright, clear plastic.

For a speed 11 its beefy. I was giving it pretty much all the arm I had and wasn't seeing any high speed turn. I also felt like it had marginal glide. Honestly, the CD3 reminded me of a faster Starfire or maybe a Teerex. It wouldn't stay flat for long before wanting to fade. This disc is often compared to a Wraith, but I felt like the CD3 was beefier and had less glide than any Wraith I've thrown.

Good news was, the fade wasn't overly sharp and the disc wasn't dive bombing left horribly. Being that it was flying pretty overstable I was able to dial the disc in pretty quickly in terms of accuracy. It wasn't much affected by wind and flew exactly the same every time I threw it.

Good disc for 375'ish drives. Bad disc for flexing out for big yards.

CD3: 11, 4, 0, 2 (my numbers). I found the disc to have less glide and less high speed turn than the given numbers. Maybe I just have a beefy one here, but this disc is NOT made for noodle arms or beginners.
It's a C-line, but it does sound like you got a relatively beefy disc compared to other CD3s...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 09-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,106
Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
It's a C-line, but it does sound like you got a relatively beefy disc compared to other CD3s...
Yeah, this thing is kind of a pig. It doesn't glide overly well and it isn't very long. Not a horrible disc, but it doesn't really shine. All it wants to do is fade pretty much right out of my hand.

I won't necessarily call it a bad disc, but it wasn't what I was expecting based on the assigned flight numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 09-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Um...'s Avatar
Um... Um... is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: by the sea
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 35
Posts: 1,524
Niced 170 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Is there sharp flashing on it? It definitely sounds like you got a freak, but I've found that the amount of flashing on them can vary greatly. I just recently got a new one to start beating in and it had some pretty sharp flashing and flew fairly OS, but nothing like you're describing. I took the flashing down after a good rub on some concrete teepads and it's flying just slightly OS with a tick of HS turn.

It's funny because your description sounds more like my S-line CD3's. Those things are piggy and seem to be taking FOREVER to break in.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 09-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,106
Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
Is there sharp flashing on it? It definitely sounds like you got a freak, but I've found that the amount of flashing on them can vary greatly. I just recently got a new one to start beating in and it had some pretty sharp flashing and flew fairly OS, but nothing like you're describing. I took the flashing down after a good rub on some concrete teepads and it's flying just slightly OS with a tick of HS turn.

It's funny because your description sounds more like my S-line CD3's. Those things are piggy and seem to be taking FOREVER to break in.
No flashing. Disc looks perfectly normal. I'm not sure where this overstability is coming from.

Bit of a stubborn flier. IMO it flew worse than the champ Thunderbird I bag. the CD3 won't hold a flat line as long as the Thunderbird. It wants to fade pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 09-29-2018, 06:36 AM
wims wims is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oslo, Norway
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,132
Niced 311 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
No flashing. Disc looks perfectly normal. I'm not sure where this overstability is coming from.

Bit of a stubborn flier. IMO it flew worse than the champ Thunderbird I bag. the CD3 won't hold a flat line as long as the Thunderbird. It wants to fade pretty quickly.
Sounds a lot like the DD. That thing is pretty overstable as well
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 10-01-2018, 02:21 AM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,654
Niced 415 Times in 304 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
No flashing. Disc looks perfectly normal. I'm not sure where this overstability is coming from.

Bit of a stubborn flier. IMO it flew worse than the champ Thunderbird I bag. the CD3 won't hold a flat line as long as the Thunderbird. It wants to fade pretty quickly.
I had a Konopiste Open CD3 and got a clear C-CD3 to replace it and had similar results to what you are saying. I wonder if color (ir lack of) matters.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 10-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,106
Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I had a Konopiste Open CD3 and got a clear C-CD3 to replace it and had similar results to what you are saying. I wonder if color (ir lack of) matters.
The CD3 I have is clear blue. I don't know enough about Discmania to have any clue whether color matters in terms of stability.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Nenja's Avatar
Nenja Nenja is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tjörn, Sweden.
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 626
Niced 193 Times in 124 Posts
Default

I might not have read enough pages here but, should i be surprise to find the CD3 barely less stable than the DD (both brand new swirly-S)?
It did exactly what i expected, like Flow i could really crank up without getting notable turn, except the 25' flare skip when it lands (DD landed och the same spot 330' away but flared even further).

So to the point, which CD3 flies like a beat in Swirly-S CD3? Or, a DD beat in twice.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Nenja's Avatar
Nenja Nenja is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tjörn, Sweden.
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 626
Niced 193 Times in 124 Posts
Default

People gave up on the CD3? I really like it, as if the DS snuck of and was intimate with a Flow.

I assume it is of little interest but i went to my local store and was delighted to find one last S-cd3 with shoulders and a flat top! I asked to check in the back and went through 10 new S-CD3 which all hade more or less pop in the top.

Did anyone compare a CD3 and a DD with the same turn resistency? Are they designed for completely different lines and therefore the CD3 is not a beat in DD but rather a beat in PDx?
Reply With Quote
 

  #260  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,037
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenja View Post
Did anyone compare a CD3 and a DD with the same turn resistency? Are they designed for completely different lines and therefore the CD3 is not a beat in DD but rather a beat in PDx?
It's literally a Wraith. I don't mean flies like one-it is one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orange luster fd3 for blue or pink, cd3 2chains83015 The Marketplace 1 08-02-2019 02:50 AM
Wraith vs cd3 vs surge Moogerfooger98 Discs 51 05-03-2019 06:52 PM
27 Discs - BB Roc3 - Teebird3 - CD3 - Zone - Outlaw Spmurphy23 The Marketplace 15 03-12-2018 11:46 PM
ISO S-line CD3, 165-169 C-line CD3 familydogs The Marketplace 3 11-30-2017 04:22 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.