Old 05-10-2017, 05:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Yeah, but that was a couple years ago. I would never throw a pd on that hole anymore. Either a gazelle or comet.

as we all know, we grow, form gets better and discover initial impressions may have been wrong. Tangent is great...but it doesn't power down as well. This is why i stopped throwing it.

I won't throw light comets anymore for workhorse duty anyway like i was back then either. Way different animal.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2017, 06:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Yeah, but that was a couple years ago. I would never throw a pd on that hole anymore. Either a gazelle or comet.

as we all know, we grow, form gets better and discover initial impressions may have been wrong. Tangent is great...but it doesn't power down as well. This is why i stopped throwing it.

I won't throw light comets anymore for workhorse duty anyway like i was back then either. Way different animal.
Actually, back in 2015 is when i switched BACK to comets...soooo...that post of mine is probably more like 3 years old, maybe more? Get some new material, AIM.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,015 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
So I think I have myself talked into wanting to try a Comet. Let me know if I'm off base.

There were some other discs I thought of from reading forum or talking to others. Please tell me if I’m wrong I’m going by what others said about the discs:

-Alias - this was a contender but seeing as it’s short for a mid and that I drive fast putters (Proxy and Envy), sounds like there would be too much overlap.
-Mako3: sounds like the right type of flight but maybe a little faster than I want and less glide; also likely good amount of overlap with the Proxy
-Fuse: too understable and finicky
-And a few others that after reading threads didn't seem to fit the bill: Squall (too stable), Claymore, others?

Would a Proxy and Comet pair well together? I realize there would be some overlap there too.

Thanks all!
The Comet is the best disc every made...Ever.

Having said that, I don't throw it as much as I should, simply as it does have a higher skill cap than most stable mids.

As far as what the Comet pairs well with, I bag 175g Z with both the Neutron Alias and the Recycled Fuse.
The Alias is shorter but resists torque well, plus it makes a great circle +2 putter. The Fuse is a bit faster and is a tad understable, very useful when the ceiling is super low.

Add in an slightly OS mid, like a Roc3 or Buzz and you are set for all of the midrange shots.

The only thing that I cannot do with the Comet is putt. Backhand, sidearm, roller, overhand, turbo, whatever, the Comet does well.