Old 09-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 325
Niced 221 Times in 106 Posts

This is the day of petty, vindictive reviews. Here’s this zero-star for Morley courtesy of Skoddie:
Pros: Pretty
Nice location
Large course.

Cons: Extremely overcrowded, hard to play solo
Rude and intrusive locals

Other Thoughts: I only made it through 4 holes before the locals started screaming at me to ask my gender. Other locals continuously gave unwanted advice on my technique, and one actually reached into my bad without permission and grabbed one of my discs to demonstrate how to hold it. Skip this course, there are more peaceful ones elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2019, 10:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 311
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,149 Times in 1,065 Posts

Just read that Morley review. Dude, sorry you had a bad experience with the locals. I wasn't there, dunno what you experienced, but...

I've played literally thousands of rounds on hundreds of courses. The number of truly rude people I've come across playing DG is relatively low. I typically find more rudeness at Walmart. and I've NEVER had anyone that didn't know me personally reach inside my bag...ever.

I bet the Morley locals are just one, in a long list of things this cat gets buttsore about.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-07-2019, 10:37 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 346 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
This is the day of petty, vindictive reviews. Here’s this zero-star for Morley courtesy of Skoddie:
Pros: Pretty
Nice location
Large course.

Cons: Extremely overcrowded, hard to play solo
Rude and intrusive locals

Other Thoughts: I only made it through 4 holes before the locals started screaming at me to ask my gender. Other locals continuously gave unwanted advice on my technique, and one actually reached into my bad without permission and grabbed one of my discs to demonstrate how to hold it. Skip this course, there are more peaceful ones elsewhere.
I rate the probability of this reviewer posting on tumblr about the patriarchy and mansplaining as “very high”.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 327
Niced 244 Times in 125 Posts

this person's politics and identity aside, they must have been very uncomfortable and possibly feeling threatened. it sucks they had to go through that. but that could have happened on any busy course. as much as i don't care for Morley, i don't see why it's Morley's fault.

also, now that i think about it, it's probably best that it was on a super busy course like Morley. what if you were out in the woods and some creepy dudes did that to you? i'd be even more intimidated.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 115
Niced 291 Times in 89 Posts

"Järva deserves its place among the greatest tracks in our game. In many ways it echoes the formidable strengths of its top-10 peers. The creative fairways of Rollin Ridge. Elegant, natural tranquility reminiscent of Harmon Hills. Greens so technical they'd make Flip City blush. And yet, Järva summons an aura uniquely its own. Each hole feels simultaneously familiar yet exotic, like an old romance rekindled after years apart. The design embraces the land rather rather than fighting it; tracing its contours with a steady, delicate hand. This intoxicating blend of trees and grass and rock tickles the heart as much as the mind."

So many good lines from mrclc's new Jarva review! "...like an old romance rekindled after years apart" is not something I ever expected to hear about disc golf

Old 10-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 325
Niced 221 Times in 106 Posts

This is from a zero-rating review for Boom Park in Muskegon, MI. I suspect the review will be pulled before long because the review didn't even play the course. This is the epitome of why everyone should not review courses.

Cons: The course was unplayable due to flooding. Almost all baskets were half underwater.
Other Thoughts: Not sure if the course is always unplayable now, but there was no way anyone was playing on it when I went. The parking lot was also flooded do no parking.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,206 Times in 2,232 Posts

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/revie...=7787&mode=rev

5st review of a 3.0 average course...

Quote:
Pros: Advanced course was amazing lines, really pretty views and nice baskets.
Umm...

Quote:
Description: Beginner-friendly course on and around abandoned soccer fields. Because the heart of the course is made up of those soccer fields the course is mostly wide open,
Either this course has had some major work done to it, or this guy is throwing 100ft noobhyzers...

Btw, do you go along the wrong side of the fairway when you do a driveby review of a Euro course?...

Old 10-07-2019, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 135
Niced 976 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
5st review of a 3.0 average course...
The 5st review is always the best.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 407
Niced 744 Times in 272 Posts

so i put globetrotter's review into google translate and got "Latin" detected. I am dumbfounded.

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed tempor and vitality, so that the labor and sorrow, some important things to do eiusmod. But now that consumer pull bananas drink it. The mass at tellus. Bananas drink now easy to get pregnant. Nec ullamcorper aliquet nisl now his very jaws of life. Amet luctus venenatis lectus magna fringilla. There was also a wish to have some chocolate in the maecenas, volutpat blandit volutpat. Want enforcement ecological boat neck thermal deductible. Arrows clinical need homework is always a crime. No quiver in diameter will not be published once. However, until the diameter undergraduate undergraduate sad smile and the eu. Fusce ut placerat orci nulla. Navigation and ugly now need lorem pain. And the sad old age and suscipit libero.

Even long-clinical football carton earth element nibh employee. Nor egestas congue Quisque egestas. Want a whole need bananas present nibh et. Amet my carrots start. Members or members at the same time. McQueen hung on to the front. Convenience weekend, but law enforcement need. Button until the kids hate diameter. Quiver or ugly, but now need lorem consumer pull. Nibh sterilized tomorrow, but I need gas. The latest clinical from avenging arrows. Ding diameter of one pill. Bananas innovative entrepreneurs mourning layer. Goals jasmine will disappear but smile at undergraduate cartoon.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 165
Niced 450 Times in 203 Posts

"In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum is a placeholder text commonly used to demonstrate the visual form of a document or a typeface without relying on meaningful content."

Lorem ipsum (Wikipedia)

Perhaps he inserted the placeholder and forgot to cut and paste in his course review?