Old 10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tsunami Surfers

I'm loving my beat ESP predator. Only problem is that it is beginning to lose that sweet spot faster than I had hoped. I searched for a thread specifically devoted to the Tsunami and didn't find one (full disclosure, I didn't look very hard )

I'd like to know more about it. What kinds of variations are people finding between plastics, runs, weights, etc. in flight? Is there a magic color or weight range that really displays its awesome destructive power?

I am wanting to get an SP in my normal driver weight to replace my beat ESP Pred at least until my stable Z pred gets magical in a few years. It seems that the added stability of the Pred offsets the higher speed rating leaving it in the upper end of fairway driver distance. I can only assume that the Tsunami exhibits the same quality just starting out with less lss.

Any insight, fawning, and ranting is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

While ive heard the esp tsunamis are a lil less stable then a pred, that has not been the case with my blue sparkle line. It was definitely sick stable. I gave it to my friend, an fh thrower, and he said it may be the most overstable disc hes ever thrown (6 yrs exp). I picked him up a red 171 so i should know how those throw by tomorrow (lol, today).

Reguardless of how that sits with you, you should still get one. The plastic is so nice that your other discs that sit next to it will throw better just from association. I have a matching sp rogue that it chills with.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.4
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 70 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
While ive heard the esp tsunamis are a lil less stable then a pred, that has not been the case with my blue sparkle line. It was definitely sick stable. I gave it to my friend, an fh thrower, and he said it may be the most overstable disc hes ever thrown (6 yrs exp). I picked him up a red 171 so i should know how those throw by tomorrow (lol, today).

Reguardless of how that sits with you, you should still get one. The plastic is so nice that your other discs that sit next to it will throw better just from association. I have a matching sp rogue that it chills with.
holy crap. i was thinking i would replace my x preds with the sparkle tsunami, but...
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

I was throwing x preds for the summer, new and beat, and none of them came close. You may have more luck with the esp ones.

Granted, this one is brand new, but even the local pro that runs the throw shop gave me a line of questioning on my purchase- and im a famillar face.

This morning ill be at hudson mills, which has a warm up field and 49 holes, along side my bud who has a new pred and his red sp in the bag....ill report back.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 138 Times in 88 Posts

I've been testing out the SP Tsunami(172g) vs. a Z Pred(174g) for the overstable slot in the bag. Currently the Tsunami is winning not because it's more overstable, but because it's more workable right out of the box therefore a longer disc. I have a trident that I throw for some really crazy utility shots, but needed a solid wind and long hyzers disc. The two are honestly very close, but the Z Pred has a tendency to fade about 30' earlier than the Tsunami on straight throws, which is not what I will be using the disc for anyway. This is the only Tsunami I've ever thrown, so I can't tell you what the Proline is like, but I have thrown enough Preds to notice the difference.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,341 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
holy crap. i was thinking i would replace my x preds with the sparkle tsunami, but...
Sp Line to Pro Line comparison is like Z to seasoned DX - much more overstable. I've found this to be true for my Hurricanes, Aftershocks, and Squalls.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

...so my friend's new red sp is not nearly as overstable as my blue one.

Maybe i have a freak one. Id try another blue to compare but i think its gonna be a while before i need a replacement.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.5
Courses Played: 11
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recent got a D Line Tsunami and I am really liking it. It does not handle a headwind as well as my X Pred, but it is only a 163 g. It is easy to throw and longer than my preds. I am wanting to beat it into a workable fairway driver and then cycle them. The Tsunami holds lines very well and is just fun to throw. I am also interested in reading more about them. There is some info out here, but not a lot.

I cannot handle a Z Pred, for much besides skips, which are amazing. My X Pred is plenty for me against the wind, so I have turned to Tsunami's, since the X Preds will get hard to come by. I have interest in the P Line also.