Old 05-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Teebird vs Stalker

Hey all, I've been playing casually for a few years now, but I guess would still consider myself a beginner since I just recently found out there was true form and technique to master. I've been using a lot of high speed discs (thinking they would fly farther), but have realized (with the help of this site) that I need to learn form with slower, easier to throw discs.

I have read a lot of great things about the Teebird and about the Stalker. The flight chart that I use to research discs have these two placed right next to each other. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? I know I should try them out, but how can you just try a disc out without actually purchasing them all??

I've already got a Buzzz ESP and some other solid discs (many probably out of my league currently), but I'm trying to go back and really start learning to play for real.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Teebird I think is a tick faster than the stalker and I always felt it is was more forgiving with nose angle. The Teebird is the perfect mold for beginners IMHO. I'd do a DX. If you really want to get serious though I would recommend getting a comet, or a fuse also which will help with form, snap and will be a great disc to learn how to throw hyzerflips and anhyzers!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

I never really fell in love with either of these molds, but I would say the Teebird would probably be a more versatile disc overall.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated
Old 05-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 157
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

They are nothing alike to me. If you want a legit driver with solid fade at the end the Teebird is the answer. The stalker will do anything I need but it's not a Teebird.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 40
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I wouldn't really compare them. The Teebird is the way to go if you are deciding between the two. DX Teebirds and 11x's are the bestest.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 81
Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

The Stalker is a great control driver. I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 16 Times in 15 Posts

Champ Teebirds are beautiful discs. The better you get, the more you will like them.
Honestly if I were you I'd just get an easy to throw driver like a Sidewinder if you want D. Easy satisfaction. Then when you are more pro, you will love them even more for hyzer flips, which you need to know for all discs/shots IMO.
Then do the same thing for a midrange. Find a semi easy distance mid, like a roc or buzzz.
But you also have to know why you want a teebird...only way is to try playing a round with and without one.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Teebirds are a little faster and more overstable than Stalkers. Stalkers will be much easier for you to throw dead straight when you are starting out, but you will notice that you will not throw either disc much farther than your buzzz. If you decide to buy a TeeBird I recommend buying two or three DX.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the Stalker has a flight similar to the Buzzz but it's faster and slightly more OS. I used to throw one when I started playing because I loved the Buzzz so much. If my memory serves me, the nose of the Stalker is slightly more blunt than the Teebird. It's almost like a hybrid mid-fairway. I ditched the Stalker because I wasn't getting all that much more distance than my Buzzz and it wasn't as controlable (in other words it faded hard, probably due to lack of power). It seemed like a lot of overlap and the Stalker didn't handle a flick very well unless it was VERY new.

As I got better (I hope) and developed more of a backhand I found the Teebird more and more useful. I throw a 174 E* Teebird. I love the grip and they break in slightly quicker than Star and noticeable quicker than Champion. My oldest Teebird now flies almost like a Z Buzzz (a little flip and turn with a predictable finish). I personally don't think the Teebird handles forehands very well (I use an Eagle for those duties) but powered down you can definitely make it work. I flick my Buzzz's for longer approaches and if I need a turnover forehand I'll apply a little more energy.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a Buzzz or a Teebird. I don't intend to ever play a round without either in the bag.