Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

How about plastics from discraft, what's each one like. Their website doesn't explain it much at all. Also if anyone else out there has a suggestion don't feel afraid to chime in. I'm still thinking and not really sure, but it will probably be a midrange or putter.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
How about plastics from discraft, what's each one like. Their website doesn't explain it much at all. Also if anyone else out there has a suggestion don't feel afraid to chime in. I'm still thinking and not really sure, but it will probably be a midrange or putter.
pro D is DX
Elite X is like pro (not too bad)
Elite Z is like Champ
ESP is like Star (like it better)
ESP FLX is like a really gummy star

As far as Gateway putters go, I love my SS Warlock. As far as a good FH driver, if the Valk is too flippy try a Star Starfire, it's butter straight. A vastly underrated mid is the Discraft 2008 ace race disc, the Nebula.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i had a red star starfire i lost a month or so ago, and that thing was really good for fh drives sad that i lost it and no one called me back
Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
I was wondering if anyone has an idea based on what's in my bag what my next disc should be. I've been tempted to buy another putter, the only thing is it would be for practice so I don't throw the 1 and then have to walk up, but can try and correct the mistake on the second shot.
Buy several misprints of the same kind of putter you use normally. I have about 12, but I think 5-7 would be sufficient. If you're using Gateway putters, contact Gateway and work out a deal with them. They were great at getting me a stack of different types of Voodoos and Wizards for a good price.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I don't think i plan to buy that many putters...having 2-3 would suffice for me. I may just buy a magic from my local shop. I like doing business there because the owner's really cool, helps out a lot around here, and it's nicer to do business with a smaller company rather than sports authority or dick's sporting goods or something. I may go through Gateway too...How do you go about doing that by the way? Though if I'm only buying one disc I'm not sure if it will be worth it to order strait through them.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Gateway on EBay

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/gatewayd...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

yea i am not sure if he lets you pick the free putter, but im sure he would be willing to let you get what you wanted. But yea, free putter if you pay asap.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Well I just went disc golfing and after I decided to pick up a SS magic. Though I got an SSS Magic instead with a nice rainbow stamp because the SS magics felt a bit tougher than my SS Voodoo that's only about a month old. The shop owner said that gateway tends to vary from batch to batch. Thanks for all the help, I'll try and keep in mind the other suggestions for future discs.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jartiv View Post
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/gatewayd...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

yea i am not sure if he lets you pick the free putter, but im sure he would be willing to let you get what you wanted. But yea, free putter if you pay asap.
thanks for that. i will defiantly be checking into that.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 27
Niced 10 Times in 8 Posts

If you want to try something totally different, check out Latitude 64s stuff next time you're lookin for new plastic. Their Opto plastic is sweet, spectacular grip with slow wear. Their Vision driver would fit between your Valk and RR in stability, and the Core midrange is really sweet and straight.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Officially Retired

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 241
Niced 58 Times in 32 Posts

I agree with you Mason. I only throw Discraft discs but a buddy of mine uses mostly Latitude 64 and does quite well. I have thrown his Riot, Vision, Core and another driver I can't remember but the plastic feels really nice and the discs fly pretty well. Usually I don't mess with the little guys went it comes to discs but Latitude 64 seems to be making quality discs.