Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 828
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

For me, Blueberry topped the list with the most variety followed very closely by Gold and Granite. Unfortunately only a handful of holes on Bear were in when I played, I liked those a lot, I'd love to get back and see what's been done on that and on Whitetail. Woodland Greens is a very fun course, but just doesn't have the same challenge level and variety some of the others do, it didn't make me pull as many different discs and shots out of the bag. I certainly enjoyed having that kind of course mixed in up there though.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 153
Niced 479 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recob25 View Post
Went last year in august with a crew of 6 and were the only ones on property... Amazing! Goin again this year for blueberry, granite, woodland, and the bear...

Anyone know what's going on with Whitetail? Close to finished? dying to play it.

Chestnut is unreal when you tee off at midnight but I'm praying for more signage this year! Got lost a few times last year.

John is awesome and will go to great extremes to make sure you and your buddies have a good time.
Whitetail has the 1st 5 holes in.

RE signage ...Were you talking specifically about Chestnut, or are you including other courses in this comment?

The Bear is my favorite course at Highbridge, in fact it's the best course I've played so far. It's getting plenty of play too, which is what it's going to take to beat it in sweetly.

I like each of the other courses too. I personally enjoy the mix of woods and ball golf holes. There are shots on every course that you won't run into everywhere, if anywhere haha.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to anyone who has not had a fantastic experience at Highbridge this spring. I know John was plowing snow off the courses in May just so his guests could play. He is mowing the fairways throughout the night tonight. He is truly the hardest worker I have ever met. He literally gets four hours of sleep and is happy and joyful to be able to do this work for everyone. If their spring has been anything like ours, we have been lucky to even get outside here in Minneapolis. It rains every day! We don't even have our pool open yet, which has never happened before at this time of the year. I also have only ridden my bike once. Although we can't control the weather, if we all do our part to keep the grounds clean, we should still be able to enjoy all that is there. I can't wait to go and experience the property in the next couple of weeks. It sounds like a magical place...perhaps the red and black granite in the hills has something to do with that? So thankful we have a place like this to go to where we all can feel a part of something special. John has been doing his best with this most challenging of springs in the Midwest.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 AM

Courses Played: 67
Niced 26 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP Mountain Man View Post
Whitetail has the 1st 5 holes in.

RE signage ...Were you talking specifically about Chestnut, or are you including other courses in this comment?

The Bear is my favorite course at Highbridge, in fact it's the best course I've played so far. It's getting plenty of play too, which is what it's going to take to beat it in sweetly.

I like each of the other courses too. I personally enjoy the mix of woods and ball golf holes. There are shots on every course that you won't run into everywhere, if anywhere haha.
Yo mountain men! Yes I was just referencing signage on chestnut... The map is not available on the website and the 22 holes are difficult to locate in the dark... No worries though cuz all other courses were clearly marked and it sounds like everyone is busting their tails trying to get the season ready.

My buddies and I battle all year in a running skins game and It's so awesome to settle it all in our championship round at Blueberry... The environment is unreal! Anyone know how many golf carts are available for the Bear, Granite, and Gold this year?
Old 06-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 192
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Granite Ridge is in the top 10???
A lil surprised, did it get a re-design since PW07?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 56
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

FYI to anyone attending Highbridge this weekend, there will be a rave there.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 144
Niced 277 Times in 166 Posts

How is the bunk house looking? I'm really curious. I spent a summer up there (2006). We put up the doors, windows, insulation, drywall, and painted. The front room was a big wide open space, filled with assorted junk, a kitchen table and appliances, a couch and a foosball table. I'll always fondly remember chilling out in that building - getting bored at 1am and painting all night, foosball games, Arrested Development off the hard drive... Good times.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 247
Niced 1,637 Times in 718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramiecarlson View Post
FYI to anyone attending Highbridge this weekend, there will be a rave there.
Boy, I would be irritated if I traveled there to play for a weekend and was subjected to all night dupstep and techno crap blasting.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 386
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 22 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWoj View Post
How is the bunk house looking? I'm really curious. I spent a summer up there (2006). We put up the doors, windows, insulation, drywall, and painted. The front room was a big wide open space, filled with assorted junk, a kitchen table and appliances, a couch and a foosball table. I'll always fondly remember chilling out in that building - getting bored at 1am and painting all night, foosball games, Arrested Development off the hard drive... Good times.
It is probably about the same. I stayed there for 2 nights 2 weekends ago. Old furniture - a couch I plunked down on had nothing under the pillows and I fell to the floor, the dresser in my room was missing a back leg and had to be leaned up against the wall (found that out when trying to plug my phone in - woops). Its got a little locker room funk smell going on....but not over-powering. Bathrooms are still 100' away up the hill and are about the same level of quality (spartan and functional).

Basically, it was fine for the $15 a night charged. Perfect for anyone with the right expectations - single guys on a budget. Much better than camping if you find the setup and tear-down an unnecessary hassle when all you want to do is play all day and a place to crash at night.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 828
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

I would agree Dave, it cost about what you pay at a decent campsite and was a fine place to crash. We were there a couple years ago and it poured, we planned on camping but paid for the bunkhouse instead to have a place to dry out. I didn't go up there with the expectations of anything but primitive camping so it was a great alternative for me.