Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I've thought of similar and asked a few pros at my last tourney. Big thing is practice time.
I think if you could offer practice time on both setups on Friday then it's fair. Publish the times the course will be in each setup Friday then out of town guys get a chance to practice.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.2
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts

As someone who travels to lots if tournaments I will say that I hate when baskets get moved between rounds. There is never a chance to practice both sets of pins before the tournament.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,606 Times in 1,501 Posts

How difficult would it be to put some kind of marker in the pin positions the basket will be moved to so that the placement can be "practiced"? Like a length of PVC pipe in the sleeve or even just a flag so the sleeve is easy to find for an out-of-towner. It's not as though there needs to be a basket to practice the hole.

I think that's the part about moving baskets that causes traveling players issue...they don't know where to look for the alt pin position. And even if they do, an empty sleeve doesn't always stand out so that it is easy to find. Make it easy to find and thus it easy to practice for everyone.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHearChains View Post
A method to delegate the effort:

TD and crew unlock all the baskets before round 1 and put a little marker flag in the 2nd round basket position. At morning player meeting, TD announces each card is responsible for moving one basket. After holing out the last basket of round 1, the group moves the basket to the flagged position, and secures the lock on the basket.
That can work, though it could be problematic if there are cards comprised of all juniors, women, or Legends/Grand Legends.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
How difficult would it be to put some kind of marker in the pin positions the basket will be moved to so that the placement can be "practiced"? Like a length of PVC pipe in the sleeve or even just a flag so the sleeve is easy to find for an out-of-towner. It's not as though there needs to be a basket to practice the hole.

I think that's the part about moving baskets that causes traveling players issue...they don't know where to look for the alt pin position. And even if they do, an empty sleeve doesn't always stand out so that it is easy to find. Make it easy to find and thus it easy to practice for everyone.
Good idea!!
Paint some PVC yellow make it high enough to see...