Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 39 Times in 33 Posts

I believe I hit 400' today for the first time with a Tesla, albeit on a slight downhill hole. Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help provided here.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Birdie Member

Default Reachback question

Over my last 2 1/2 rounds, I seemed to be leaking a bit of power. In particular, discs weren't turning as much as they had previously, and were fading earlier than normal. I hadn't made any form changes. Halfway through yesterday's round, I finally it back by not extending my right arm fully on the reachback. I left a very slight bend in my elbow (maybe 10-15 or so) at the maximum reachback point before starting my hip rotation. This got the turn back in my drive for the rest of the round. Is that normal, or should I always be reaching back with my elbow at a full 180?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 185
Niced 495 Times in 372 Posts

I recommend full extension - easier to aim, be consistent, and more powerful swing being longer and able to change the direction of the disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Birdie Member

Default Grip question

About a month ago I started trying to throw with a three-finger power grip when throwing putters and mids for distance. It felt less awkward than my usual Bonapane grip on thicker discs. Today I decided to do a little field practice after a couple of rounds that didn't go the way I wanted. Since it was just practice, I decided to try the same three-finger power grip for my drivers. The nose-up problems that led me to use the Bonapane grip in the first place seem to be gone. It also seems like the drivers went just a bit further than with the Bonapane grip, and all of them seemed to have more high-speed turn, with a skip at the end. Again, this was after playing two rounds. What is the difference? Does one just create more spin than the other?

Old 08-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 61 Times in 41 Posts

You may be able to exert more force on the disc with the three-finger power grip than with the bonapane grip.

If you haven't seen the following, it may be helpful, especially the parts about Rip Point and Force, and Lock Point and Spin:

https://www.discgolfreview.com/resou...shtml#pictures