Old 11-13-2017, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 667 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Can someone comment on the wear cycle of prime emacs? Looking for a mid that quickly develops healthy turn while maintaining fade, like an eagle. This as opposed to a more Teebird type flight, where LSS goes first.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I can't speak to the Prime eMac Truth, but the Prime Verdicts definitely wear that way. They start out very overstable, but start to develop a little high speed turn fairly quickly while still keeping a hard fade. I'd hazzard a guess the Prime eMac might be similar but with a less biting fade.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

I've played a couple of rounds with a Prime EMac. It seems like it's starting to pick up some turn already, but it was also windy the last time I played. I can update as I throw it more, if that would be helpful...

Niced: (1)
Old 12-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 551 Times in 355 Posts

Just picked up a Bio Verdict 178g from Mando's disc golf shop in Auburn, WA. Was going to snag a medium dagger too, but $30 was not going to be enough... I might expect to pay that much if there was shipping involved, but I digress... local business, yada yada.

What can I expect from the wear pattern of the bio emacs? Do they drop LSS or HSS first?

I plan to bag a 175g Lucid Verdict, a 178g Bio Emac, a 171g ESP Comet and a 175g X Comet as a mid lineup, along with a couple zones to cover that glideless overstable short mid slot.

Put 20 rounds of wear on all that, and I would probably grab another Verdict, maybe max weight and in moonshine, to put an OS bookend on the whole thing. I would consider a justice too, only if it would be comfy to FH.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:03 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

Has anyone one threw the new Peter McBride Emac Truths, if so how are they feeling and flying compared to stock? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Niced 487 Times in 299 Posts

Has anyone else found the sparkle lucid Emac Truths to hold their stability way longer than normal lucid?

I've been throwing a sparkle Emac (one that was a fundraiser disc for 2017 GBO) as my workhorse mid for 3-4 months. I love the disc, but it still doesn't seem to have any of the 'new' beat out of it yet. My problem with that is that all the mids around it in my bag are wearing in fairly consistently, while just that one stubborn Emac is holding stability and creating a logjam with my Verdicts and a larger gap with my Evidences.

Is my Emac a freak or is this normal for sparkle lucid plastic? I feel like it's an even more stubborn disc than my Moonshines in various molds, and Moonshine is known for that extra tick of stability and durability.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:03 PM
Par Member

Niced 119 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Has anyone else found the sparkle lucid Emac Truths to hold their stability way longer than normal lucid?

I've been throwing a sparkle Emac (one that was a fundraiser disc for 2017 GBO) as my workhorse mid for 3-4 months. I love the disc, but it still doesn't seem to have any of the 'new' beat out of it yet. My problem with that is that all the mids around it in my bag are wearing in fairly consistently, while just that one stubborn Emac is holding stability and creating a logjam with my Verdicts and a larger gap with my Evidences.

Is my Emac a freak or is this normal for sparkle lucid plastic? I feel like it's an even more stubborn disc than my Moonshines in various molds, and Moonshine is known for that extra tick of stability and durability.
Never noticed a difference with sparkle plastic from trilogy. I have had one in the bag for a year or so and it has broken in at the normal rate.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 53 Times in 37 Posts

The Emac is a pretty superior disc! Maybe you should take your verdicts to PIAS and buy more Emacs. jk. I haven't tried the Lucid sparkle but my lucid Emacs are the bomb!
Old 02-05-2019, 09:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
Never noticed a difference with sparkle plastic from trilogy. I have had one in the bag for a year or so and it has broken in at the normal rate.
Yeah, I had always heard they flew the same as normal Lucid. But I've bagged this thing for probably 40+ rounds and it's been one of my most thrown discs during that time, and yet it still is just as stable as the day I bought it. Every other Lucid disc I've owned has starting beating in by that point.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
The Emac is a pretty superior disc! Maybe you should take your verdicts to PIAS and buy more Emacs. jk. I haven't tried the Lucid sparkle but my lucid Emacs are the bomb!
Yeah, a fresh Emac is a thing of beauty...but so is a beat in Verdict and a fresh Verdict. Some great mids in the DD lineup for sure.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:05 PM
Par Member

Niced 119 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Yeah, I had always heard they flew the same as normal Lucid. But I've bagged this thing for probably 40+ rounds and it's been one of my most thrown discs during that time, and yet it still is just as stable as the day I bought it. Every other Lucid disc I've owned has starting beating in by that point.
Sounds like one of those good problems.