Old 11-28-2019, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,603 Times in 1,561 Posts

For being healthy enough to still throw discs, even if not throwing them well.

For the good fortune of being able to build the sort of course I like to play, and the privilege of sharing it; and all the great folks from all over it's given me the chance to play with, such as BogeyNoMore.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2019, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 107
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 432 Times in 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
For being healthy enough to still throw discs, even if not throwing them well.

For the good fortune of being able to build the sort of course I like to play, and the privilege of sharing it; and all the great folks from all over it's given me the chance to play with, such as BogeyNoMore.
Out of all the DGCR people you’ve gotten to play with you give a shout out of BogeyNoMore???

Just bustin’ your chops Bogey!!!

Niced: (1)
Old 11-30-2019, 11:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,603 Times in 1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Out of all the DGCR people you’ve gotten to play with you give a shout out of BogeyNoMore???

Just bustin’ your chops Bogey!!!
Had to. His post shamed me into it.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,103 Times in 712 Posts

Thankful for many things; discs that no one else likes that somehow stay in production. The Streamline Flare. The now rare FAF Firebird.

Amazing courses and those who design them like Chuck Kennedy, David Sauls, Matt Sime, John Houk, Sam Barfield and many more.

Posters on here I’ve gotten to play with and those who have given me hot tips on where to play. Bogey gets another shout because I’d have never played Tobbogan without his PM.

My long suffering daughter who has walked about 40 different courses mainly against her will.

Good tree kicks, long teepads, signs that actually tell you where the blind basket is, and course restrooms that are both clean and unlocked.

The bands that make up my on the course playlists like Morphine, This will destroy you, better oblivion community center and Boygenius.

Thankful for you crazy yahoos and this site.

Old 12-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 14
Niced 580 Times in 221 Posts

The support of DGCR in building a craft DG label.

It is really neat to see folks still slinging our discs even when the bigger manufacturers produce 3 new molds a week.

I appreciate every single one of you that helped us grow from stamped Innova discs to producing numerous proprietary molds.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Par Member

Niced 128 Times in 58 Posts

The Second Family the DGolf community provides for many of us. Some like it, some loathe it and some sincerely need it - and when I see the community help those in need, I am proud to be a small part of that family.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,050 Times in 617 Posts

Thankful for all the help and comments from the users in the technique & strategy forum. You guys are awesome, thank you very much for all the info you provide.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 484 Times in 184 Posts

Thankful for fluorescent discs that keep jumping out at me despite my best efforts to lose them in the rough.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 110
Niced 70 Times in 31 Posts

Many things to be thankful for:

Disc Golf itself.....threw my first disc at age 50...I am now 58.....wish I had found this game when I was 20!

All the Old Geezer's I throw with.

The group of regulars (including me) that do ALL the disc course maintenance at Hiller Park. The city keeps the park mowed, and empties the trashcans, the discers do the rest. Special shout out to Roger who just added bag hangers at Hole 1 and 17. (at his own expense)

Throwing with Zootaroonee….a DGCR member who passed away from cancer, this past Veteran's Day...Jon was constantly doing work at the Hiller course...one of the foot bridges he built years ago, was rotting away. When we found out he was not gonna last too much longer, a friend and I built a permanent bridge in it's place, in his memory...we also had a really nice plaque made, to mark the bridge. Anyone throwing the Hiller course can not miss it...the bridge goes over a marshy spot between hole 6's basket and hole 7's tee.
We took photos of the construction process and forwarded the pics to Jon, so he could see the results, and so he would know that he was appreciated and was NOT going to be forgotten.

When all the other discers saw the bridge and plaque, they all wanted to do something for Jon, so they organized The Jon Baty Memorial Tournament which will take place on Dec 15....1st round at Hiller, 2nd round at Brickyard Bayou (where Jon also did a ton of work). I am hoping the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society on Jon's behalf.

The moral of this story: Be Thankful everyday, for one never knows when that final day will be!

the first attachment is a photo of Jon after he aced hole 5, this is basically the proof we used when we had the plaque made.
the phrase at the bottom of the photo is something Jon always said.....he genuinely did not care what he shot on any given hole, he was there just to have fun, and enjoy the comradery. He was known in our circle as "The Zen Discer".

the second attachment is the bridge we built -- me (on the left) and Greg (on the right)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jon Ace Hole 5a.jpg (172.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0136.JPG (117.9 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Binky Yutz; 12-02-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: explain Jon's quote

Old 12-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 484 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky Yutz View Post
Many things to be thankful for:

Disc Golf itself.....threw my first disc at age 50...I am now 58.....wish I had found this game when I was 20!

All the Old Geezer's I throw with.

The group of regulars (including me) that do ALL the disc course maintenance at Hiller Park. The city keeps the park mowed, and empties the trashcans, the discers do the rest. Special shout out to Roger who just added bag hangers at Hole 1 and 17. (at his own expense)

Throwing with Zootaroonee….a DGCR member who passed away from cancer, this past Veteran's Day...Jon was constantly doing work at the Hiller course...one of the foot bridges he built years ago, was rotting away. When we found out he was not gonna last too much longer, a friend and I built a permanent bridge in it's place, in his memory...we also had a really nice plaque made, to mark the bridge. Anyone throwing the Hiller course can not miss it...the bridge goes over a marshy spot between hole 6's basket and hole 7's tee.
We took photos of the construction process and forwarded the pics to Jon, so he could see the results, and so he would know that he was appreciated and was NOT going to be forgotten.

When all the other discers saw the bridge and plaque, they all wanted to do something for Jon, so they organized The Jon Baty Memorial Tournament which will take place on Dec 15....1st round at Hiller, 2nd round at Brickyard Bayou (where Jon also did a ton of work). I am hoping the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society on Jon's behalf.

The moral of this story: Be Thankful everyday, for one never knows when that final day will be!

the first attachment is a photo of Jon after he aced hole 5, this is basically the proof we used when we had the plaque made.
the phrase at the bottom of the photo is something Jon always said.....he genuinely did not care what he shot on any given hole, he was there just to have fun, and enjoy the comradery. He was known in our circle as "The Zen Discer".

the second attachment is the bridge we built -- me (on the left) and Greg (on the right)
We need a “love” react for posts like this.