Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrow View Post
So, our local course is pretty bad. Its the only one within a half an hour and its on a beautiful park and location. But, the layout and thought behind it is lackluster and could use some improvement. If you look up the course reviews here on DGCourseReview for Bourbonnais IL you can see some constructive but critical/True reviews.

I was already working on a proposal to the park district for some Tee Pads, and I figured I would get a coarse redesign proposal in at the same time! One using all of the current basket placements and one with a whole new design. I was hoping someone who has some experience in design would be willing to provide some consulting!
Take a look on Disc Golf Course Designers group and try to get one of the designers involved. Us people online can only really guess, it takes being there in person to really do it right.

Also depending on your budget you could contact Discgolfpark who is a full service provider for equipment AND design. They do great work. http://www.discgolfpark.net/us/home/
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 10:30 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 28.2
Courses Played: 642
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Take a look on Disc Golf Course Designers group and try to get one of the designers involved. Us people online can only really guess, it takes being there in person to really do it right.

Also depending on your budget you could contact Discgolfpark who is a full service provider for equipment AND design. They do great work. http://www.discgolfpark.net/us/home/
Thanks for the promo. Yesterday, I PM'd MrCrow names of DGCD members near his course.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Yup! I have the number for Matt Cook now, going to give him a call after work to hopefully get some help!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.8
Courses Played: 220
Throwing Style: LHBH

that is a good place to start on DGCD, find someone and get help from those that have been around. There are several pics with holes form google designed over and along walking paths, not exactly the direction I'd head as paved/gravel paths should not be fairways.... This leads to "interference" (Chuck's term), and problems that might be avoided.

I get these are bird's eye view routing map ideas, but try to avoid the paths and give the pedestrians as much leeway as possible to avoid future problems.

On site design is really the only way to see what we can not from a map... Even nice topo maps leave out things that a site visit can easily see....

Old 01-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 231
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post

Thanks, esdubya

I live about 45 min away and I'm a DiscGolfPark Rep. Feel free to PM or call 815-575-1917