Old 01-25-2019, 01:38 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 523 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
I currently use Vibram Five Fingers for running. They have unparalleled grip for trails and boulders. I don't really do any road running anymore unless I am out for a short jog around the neighborhood. I plan on transitioning to the Xeroshoes running sandals after my current pair of Five Fingers wear out.
The Xeroshoes makes actual running shoes that to me seem like they would be better for running then the Sandals. Yeah I prefere running on trails more too. What model of Five fingers are you wearing?

I currently wear, Since the ASICS 2100 series got changed for the 2000 series again the Brooks Cascadia models from 8 the 9 and 10 models I have. I heard the 11 that I did not plan to own were just as bad as 10's that I had to put some Gorilla Glue on part of the upper where the shoes would rip on the 10's I have another 2 pair or 10's waiting with the same modification when My current pair die along with my 9.

Before all the different minimal molds those who wanted minimal shoes some guys wore Racing flats on roads and others wore if trail running the XC flats if they wanted a minimal shoe, this or they wore a pair of much less expensive mesh water shoes with the bungee laces often swapping out the bungee laces for regular laces. It is just that the person had to often change out minimal options for running shoes more frequently then with all the the minimal molds made since 2010.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 179 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Xeroshoes makes actual running shoes that to me seem like they would be better for running then the Sandals. Yeah I prefere running on trails more too. What model of Five fingers are you wearing?

I currently wear, Since the ASICS 2100 series got changed for the 2000 series again the Brooks Cascadia models from 8 the 9 and 10 models I have. I heard the 11 that I did not plan to own were just as bad as 10's that I had to put some Gorilla Glue on part of the upper where the shoes would rip on the 10's I have another 2 pair or 10's waiting with the same modification when My current pair die along with my 9.

Before all the different minimal molds those who wanted minimal shoes some guys wore Racing flats on roads and others wore if trail running the XC flats if they wanted a minimal shoe, this or they wore a pair of much less expensive mesh water shoes with the bungee laces often swapping out the bungee laces for regular laces. It is just that the person had to often change out minimal options for running shoes more frequently then with all the the minimal molds made since 2010.
The Xeroshoes running shoe (the Prio, which I have) is just the sandal with a running shoe top. Useful when cold, but I like the idea of going tarahumara style. I have had a pair of KSO Treks that I bought in 2009 and had to replace with KSOs in 2016. so I might be able to get another 5 years or so out of these.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:32 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 523 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
The Xeroshoes running shoe (the Prio, which I have) is just the sandal with a running shoe top. Useful when cold, but I like the idea of going tarahumara style. I have had a pair of KSO Treks that I bought in 2009 and had to replace with KSOs in 2016. so I might be able to get another 5 years or so out of these.
I would if I did not have Brooks Cascadias as my training model and trail racing model unless I need my old Nike Miler XC shoes for a muddy shorter course say ~10k and under.

Yeah those Xeroshoes are some of the most durable shoes on the market Except for maybe the Vibobarefoot leather shoe. I have had the Brooks and they last a long time for traditonal type running shoes. One pair of 8 I got 700-800 miles on them th other were messed up and the cushioning went flat early.

I would get the regular shoes from Xeroshoes if I wore minimal. I like the idea of having a shoe that is like a more modern version of what the people wore in as there running shoe up to sometime in the 1950's prior to brands making a true running shoes those being traditional Ked like shoes, often being the leather version to cut down more on foot chafing if they could get the leather version shoe where they lived.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 358 Times in 224 Posts

What are the best? Completely subjective question but I prefer the Adidas Terrex Swift GTX Mids. The traction on these are really great. They really grip well & keep me confident that I won't slip around. I also really like that they fit my skinny feet well. Always had a hard time finding mid height athletic boots that aren't super wide (like Keen).

I add a Dr. Scholls insole on top of the one already in them.

I also buy these:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...rghtshptchrply

I tear through my Adidas because of my toe drag (FH & BH). These toe guards work really well. Highly recommend.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:23 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 77 Times in 45 Posts

Merrell Moab

Comfortable, Light Weight, relatively cheap