Old 10-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 229
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 30 Times in 15 Posts
Default Beat Z Forces

A little backstory: I throw Avengers, and I love them. I carry 4 Z Avengers and 1 X Avenger. The X Avenger is a roller disc, so I only use it occasionally, but the Z Avengers get a lot of use. I have one flat, very overstable Avenger that I use for headwinds, and three domey Avengers (overstable, neutral, and understable) that I use for normal shots.

I am interested in moving up to some higher speed drivers, and the Force has gotten my attention. I have done some research, and it seems like the only decent understable Forces are either Pro D Forces or beat ESP Forces; I can't find any evidence of an understable Z Force. I really love the feel of Z plastic, and I would love to be able to layer Z Forces in the way I layer my Avengers, but I'm not quite sure that's possible.

So my question is this, is it possible to beat a Z Force into an understable disc, or will it just become longer with time instead (like a Firebird)? Also, if anyone does have an understable Z Force, I would love to hear about it (and steal it).

TL;DR Can Z Forces be understable?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

I know you're asking about Forces, but the Hurricane is the disc you're looking for. Imagine a Force SS.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
I know you're asking about Forces, but the Hurricane is the disc you're looking for. Imagine a Force SS.
Yeah, I know that's what Hurricanes are, and I know they're supposed to be good discs, but I would be so happy if I could have a good setup with just Forces.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Well to hopefully answer your question a little better I have a sparkle Z Force from the 2008 Players Cup that still has 0 high speed turn. It has lost a good amount of its fade, but it it still pretty overstable. Even for as used as it is. I put probably 100 rounds on it and who knows how many rounds were played with it before me. They will eventually straighten out, but it takes forever.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Well to hopefully answer your question a little better I have a sparkle Z Force from the 2008 Players Cup that still has 0 high speed turn. It has lost a good amount of its fade, but it it still pretty overstable. Even for as used as it is. I put probably 100 rounds on it and who knows how many rounds were played with it before me. They will eventually straighten out, but it takes forever.
Hmm. Thanks. I might try trashing the ESP Force that I have just to see how that beats in, but ESP plastic just doesn't feel as good as Z to me.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5QU166Y View Post
Hmm. Thanks. I might try trashing the ESP Force that I have just to see how that beats in, but ESP plastic just doesn't feel as good as Z to me.
When I was using the Force, I really disliked it in ESP. I beat one in and for whatever reason the disc just felt dead to me. It would go into high speed turn really abruptly and had little glide. Jut my opinion of course. If I were you I would maybe look for a lighter weight or make a post in the MP for beat ones. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
When I was using the Force, I really disliked it in ESP. I beat one in and for whatever reason the disc just felt dead to me. It would go into high speed turn really abruptly and had little glide. Jut my opinion of course. If I were you I would maybe look for a lighter weight or make a post in the MP for beat ones. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
No worries. Any input is appreciated. Anyone else have a different experience with Z Forces? Perhaps a fluke that flips and rides beautifully?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 70
Niced 12 Times in 3 Posts

I have one flippy z force, I had an identical one but lost it. It's not extremely flippy, but it had some turn from the start. It definitely has a lower PLH than my other forces.

They're out there, but I don't think they're gonna be easy to find. I'd look for domey ones with low PLH.

FYI, the flat z force that I've been throwing for 3+ years still hardly turns into a thirty mph headwind.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think a Z Force is going to take a long long time to break in to anywhere near understable ... it has mad HSS. I throw the Z Force for my OS DD slot - if it came in Elite X still I'd think that would pair wonderfully. Instead, after the Force I step down to the Pro DD Hysteria for my straight-OS DD slot (a disc you should check out). Also check into lighter weight Z Forces ... though I doubt they will be understable they should act a bit less HSS for bigger arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5QU166Y View Post
A little backstory: I throw Avengers, and I love them. I carry 4 Z Avengers and 1 X Avenger. The X Avenger is a roller disc, so I only use it occasionally, but the Z Avengers get a lot of use. I have one flat, very overstable Avenger that I use for headwinds, and three domey Avengers (overstable, neutral, and understable) that I use for normal shots.

I am interested in moving up to some higher speed drivers, and the Force has gotten my attention. I have done some research, and it seems like the only decent understable Forces are either Pro D Forces or beat ESP Forces; I can't find any evidence of an understable Z Force. I really love the feel of Z plastic, and I would love to be able to layer Z Forces in the way I layer my Avengers, but I'm not quite sure that's possible.

So my question is this, is it possible to beat a Z Force into an understable disc, or will it just become longer with time instead (like a Firebird)? Also, if anyone does have an understable Z Force, I would love to hear about it (and steal it).

TL;DR Can Z Forces be understable?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts

The disc you are looking for is called a Star Destroyer but on a more serious note. I had a Z Force that was beat in a ton, but it never really turned, it just held straight for a long time and had less of a fade then a fresh one. It was a good disc... until I threw it into a lake