Old 07-17-2019, 12:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 522 Times in 323 Posts

Well it fits pretty good. I ordered the largest size, and it feels just a touch short, and a bit wide, but pretty good fit all things considered.

Forecast for tomorrow looks promising. Should be able to get an initial impressions video up within 24 hours if it doesn't rain.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 220
Niced 159 Times in 85 Posts

Question (which may not be answerable until after testing): aren't the gloves supposed to fit very snuggly? I'd assume there's some sort of chafing or rubbing at the sore spot with extra fabric.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-17-2019, 10:46 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 2,084 Times in 788 Posts

My wife got me a pair quite a while ago. I only wear them when it's cold, but they are fine for driving. In the cold they actually improve grip on Champ-type plastics IMO. I have to take the right one off to putt, though. I need some skin to disc to be comfortable putting.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Question (which may not be answerable until after testing): aren't the gloves supposed to fit very snuggly? I'd assume there's some sort of chafing or rubbing at the sore spot with extra fabric.

Probably. I went with what their sizing chart suggested. My hands are over 8" long as I was worried a smaller size might not fit.

Even if this merely doubles the amount of throws I can do during a field session, its worth the money to me. I genuinely think I can get my body mechanics good enough to throw a consistent 600' but my grip is the bottleneck keeping me from that goal.

Heading to the field in five. I'll report back with a text post by sunset, and hopefully have a vid posted tonight too.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-18-2019, 01:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Well my first time trying the glove gave me an overall positive impression, but things are a bit of a mixed bag.

First, the good:

Normally when I do field work, I get up to 30-50 distance throws in max. I rest about 30 seconds between throws to let my hand chill out, and by the time I empty my bag twice my middle finger would be injured enough to have to stop to preserve my ability to throw.

This did not happen while wearing the glove. Period.

That was why I bought it, so I am happy with it.

Something else I noticed is that my discs were ripping out of my hand with a bit of extra velocity from what I could tell. When I got a good release while wearing the glove, it felt like the disc was moving faster during that first 100'. Pretty cool.

I wasn't throwing under great conditions today. In addition to having to get used to the glove itself (more on this later), I'm a bit out of practice since I've been injuring my throwing hand this summer, I had surgery 24 hours ago, I'm on antibiotics and feel like crap, and it felt like 115F when I went out to throw.

That being said I still managed a couple of nice feeling throws, like a 400' laser with an Axis and a 550' S curve with an Excite. Would I have gotten those throws without the glove? Probably, but I'd have sustained an injury in the process. So don't take this as implying I felt the glove gave me extra distance.

Now, the bad.

After about 50 throws I saw visible abrasions on my rip point. This makes me question the longevity of the glove. This makes me even more interested in a longer endurance test. Can't conclusively determine anything at the moment.

The worst part is getting used to the glove. While throwing today I wasn't focused on hitting lines or making good throws, I was just cranking drives hard, back to back, to test how well the glove protected my finger. But the throws I had were enough to show me there is a real adjustment period. The extra grip means I add to compensate with my release point to avoid griplock. Additionally, all that extra material on the tips of my pinky and ring finger made those fingers want to catch on the rims more often than they do with a bare hand. Tougher to get a clean release overall.

So in conclusion, based on day 1, I'm happy with this as a training tool. I don't see myself using it outside of field practice, which was my intention anyways. Assuming it holds up a decent amount of time, I'll be using these going forward to get more quality field work in.

Some of you guys will really enjoy the video I'm going to post. You have never seen such atrocious, ugly, straight up BAD throws from me. I'm not thrilled about posting them, lol. But I was testing the glove, not me, so whatever.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,589 Times in 1,613 Posts

Ever try Bratten's 2 finger grip?

Old 07-20-2019, 11:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Out of curiosity has anyone tried gloves from "Uncle Mike's" ? I have a pair for shooting, fit real snug have a thin leather on the front of the hands. I've had success with those when it's real cold out.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Ever try Bratten's 2 finger grip?

I'll have to play around with that. I've had a few drives come out two handed on accident during field work, and it seems to work well.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 24
Niced 701 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I'll have to play around with that. I've had a few drives come out two handed on accident during field work, and it seems to work well.
I know it's a typo but I am seeing visions of Mike C double overhanding 400 feet like a complete badass.

Niced: (1)