Old 01-14-2017, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 315 Times in 154 Posts

New pro destroyers are very nicely shaped and start out pretty beefy. I snagged a really gummy and flat pro wraith the other day that I'm hoping to toss tomorrow. Kinda hoping it's a bit flippy.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 99 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I snagged a really gummy and flat pro wraith the other day that I'm hoping to toss tomorrow. Kinda hoping it's a bit flippy.
you will not be disappointed.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 184 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I think that Innova should start making GChampion so that gummy champ discs become regular production as well as to compete with Discraft's Z Flx and Trilogy's Elasto/Fluid/Frost as GStar is more of a Snow, or ESP Flx equivalent.
I'd be super excited if gummy Champion discs went into regular production. My wallet would be hurting but I'd be a very happy disc golfer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
The truly US mid range was probably one of their "biggest" holes. The other being a zone/harp
I wish Innova would release a disc similar to the Zone. A fast BEADLESS putter without a Thumtrac. The Pig is beadless but has a Thumtrac. Plus there's no regular production Pigs in premium plastic. The Champion Pigs on the factory store are (in general) domey. I like Gators/Rhynos for backhand, but hate the bead for sidearm shots. I have a few Mortars (beadless Gators) that replaced my Gators. I can a lot cleaner release sidearm with it than with a Gator/Rhyno. Big Jerm is on team Innova now. He said he's trying out the Hawg to replace his Zones. Though he mentioned he prefers to flick beadless discs but the Hawg has a bead. Plus it isn't in regular production...come on Innova. They keep releasing discs that don't fill holes in their lineup or they fill very small holes that other discs they already have pretty much cover already.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I got one of those Shimmer Star Mysteres... and I would second your motion to get a Tern and/or DDx instead. I was massively disappointed in the Mystere.
Thats a bummer. I would have prefered to keep my driver rim width the same. (I throw wraiths)
Old 01-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
Thats a bummer. I would have prefered to keep my driver rim width the same. (I throw wraiths)
Yeah, I was bummed out, too. Maybe if they ever have a production run in normal Star, it might be better. But I've moved on to trying other discs...
Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 370 Times in 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I'd be super excited if gummy Champion discs went into regular production. My wallet would be hurting but I'd be a very happy disc golfer.

I wish Innova would release a disc similar to the Zone. A fast BEADLESS putter without a Thumtrac. The Pig is beadless but has a Thumtrac. Plus there's no regular production Pigs in premium plastic. The Champion Pigs on the factory store are (in general) domey. I like Gators/Rhynos for backhand, but hate the bead for sidearm shots. I have a few Mortars (beadless Gators) that replaced my Gators. I can a lot cleaner release sidearm with it than with a Gator/Rhyno. Big Jerm is on team Innova now. He said he's trying out the Hawg to replace his Zones. Though he mentioned he prefers to flick beadless discs but the Hawg has a bead. Plus it isn't in regular production...come on Innova. They keep releasing discs that don't fill holes in their lineup or they fill very small holes that other discs they already have pretty much cover already.
I agree with everything you said

I will say the hawg is very comfortable despite the bead. Beads bother me for flicks but the hawg is great. Only problem...It's not that similar to a zone.

So, I'll just be sticking to the zone. I did forget about the mortar tho
Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Banned

Update: the dealer page has the following:

Star Wombat3 - hmmm, numbers are still 5,6,-1,0, so I'm not sure about this one.
Champion Shryke - y'all love the Star Shryke, so the Champ Shryke ought to be popular as well.
Improved Hero Pack - new colors and features, but wait!
Super HeroPack - bit larger, taller, and a few dollars more to own.
clothing
disc golf guide for 2017

And then there's the "Peace Discs", with a tie-dye "Peace" logo and also clothing. Now I'm a believer in "Peace without Freedom is Slavery", so I don't ascribe to these feel-good "Peace" thingys, but if you do, have at it.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 370 Times in 230 Posts

Don't read too much into it. Probably just a T-shirt
Old 02-17-2017, 06:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 44
Niced 670 Times in 391 Posts

Hmmm, the Wombat3 sounds interesting. I've been put off when handling the Wombat in stores by how domey it is, so possibly a Wombat3 with a flatter top could be interesting to me. I doubt it will push the GL Fuse out of my bag, but I might give it a try at some point and see how it does.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Hmmm, the Wombat3 sounds interesting. I've been put off when handling the Wombat in stores by how domey it is, so possibly a Wombat3 with a flatter top could be interesting to me. I doubt it will push the GL Fuse out of my bag, but I might give it a try at some point and see how it does.
I've got some Star Foxbats and a GStar Wombat from when they first came out. I like the Foxbat and it's great glide for approach shots, but it requires virtually windless conditions. I once watched the wind take my Foxbat and drive it 90 ft. sideways from the direction I was throwing it.

I've seen others use the Wombat on my home course, and I would use it some in the wooded parts of the course. But I don't know if I'll try the Wombat3, even though it's in Star plastic, what with the Mako3 and the VCobra already out there for me...