Old 11-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaddyphresh View Post
It's a great upshot disc. Not as Overstable though.
What, the gstar or gummy champ? And compared to which plastic?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
Thought I would resurrect this thread in hopes that by now there might be some actual info on the G* Rhyno now.

Anyone thrown one for awhile? How do they hold up?
Been throwing one for two seasons now. It's held up great with zero gouges, actually had an ace with mine not long after this thread was started last year. Disc hits and sticks well. It's my favorite disc in my bag really.

These discs are not super beefy though, which actually gives it a very nice and controllable flight. They definitely hold up in a wind well but do not have a ton of fade. I still carry a Drone for my shorter range super beef.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 20
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Been throwing one for two seasons now. It's held up great with zero gouges, actually had an ace with mine not long after this thread was started last year. Disc hits and sticks well. It's my favorite disc in my bag really.

These discs are not super beefy though, which actually gives it a very nice and controllable flight. They definitely hold up in a wind well but do not have a ton of fade. I still carry a Drone for my shorter range super beef.
Thanks for the info. I have a champ and a DX and I prefer the flight of the DX, so a G* may fit the bill andbe my next Rhyno.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

how do gstars compare to champs in stability for anyone who has thrown both? What about compared to gummy champ?
Old 11-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
how do gstars compare to champs in stability for anyone who has thrown both? What about compared to gummy champ?
Less stable than stiff champ and very similar in flight to gummy champ, maybe a bit more glide. Pretty much what you'd expect.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

I had a g star for a couple of weeks and lost it in the water. I usually throw gummy champ san marinos and I wanted to see the comparison. The G star was not nearly as flat as the champs. It had an even rounded done as opposed to the champ having the flat top with a sort of slope on the edges. Felt great in hand though. They all flew almost identical to one another but I prefer the champ overall for the way it feels in hand for flicks.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

What does a domey Rhyno fly like in comparison to a flat top? Just curious as I have seen both. I know everyone want's flat Rhyno's, but in searching through all the Rhyno threads for the last hour, no one says why.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

I honestly think it's a feeling preference?

then again, all the rhynos I have/throw are board flat.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 76
Niced 183 Times in 115 Posts

I just got a GStar Rhyno in the mail. It doesn't feel like the other GStar discs I own. It feels like Star not GStar. I guess it might just be because it's a putter. My GStar Firebird, Leopard & Destroyer have more tackiness/grip to them. Anyone else have this experience? Did I just get a bad one? Anyone still throw these?

Old 02-18-2017, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 44
Niced 670 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I just got a GStar Rhyno in the mail. It doesn't feel like the other GStar discs I own. It feels like Star not GStar. I guess it might just be because it's a putter. My GStar Firebird, Leopard & Destroyer have more tackiness/grip to them. Anyone else have this experience? Did I just get a bad one? Anyone still throw these?
I bought a Gstar Aviar a long time ago and wondered why that Gstar blend was less tacky than the drivers I had in Gstar. I've since felt quite a few putters in the store and found them to be similarly slick. It's weird that they use the grippier blend in the drivers and mids and use a slick blend in putters.