Old 05-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disclover55 View Post
I am looking for air bolts. I don't think they make them any more!
I just saw one two weeks ago at a 2 disc challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenja View Post
Sorry for talking to myself.

I traded myself a new opto Bolt and it's finally the perfect in between my former ones. Sweet hot-rod s-curve and now I've finally reached 350' (came so sudden I almost hit the road on the other side of the field and got a cut...).

Now I'm getting more curios about the one I posted above. A old, glopto? Much more stable Bolt. This will now perform as my headwind bolt. Tested them both yesterday. After hyzerflip into the wind the opto would crash, the glopto would go straight to s-curve and get me the same distance as Ddx.

If I now feel that the opto is slightly too understable, is full weight frost the way to go?
I bag 2 bolts. 1 frost and 1 opto. Both are max weight, but the frost is quite a bit more stable. I've never thrown a gold line bolt.

My love of the bolt came from a very beat up opto bolt I got used. It was flexible like frost plastic and was surprisingly stable for a beat up bolt. I purchased a new opto bolt because I liked it, to find that it new wasn't as stable as the beat up one. That lead me to search and find that frost was more stable, so I picked up one of those. If you like the bolt and just want something a bit more stable I'd suggest trying a frost.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-08-2017, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 936 Times in 631 Posts

I got a Bolt a while ago in a misprint pack. It was heavy and understable-a combo that doesn't make sense to me. Traded it fast.

Fast forward to yesterday. A friend of mine who doesn't backhand much wanted me to throw his new Bolt. He hands it to me on a 375 foot hole. I make only my second birdie ever there. Looks like I may have to give those another go.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 55 Times in 32 Posts

I bagged one for a while, a GL 168 and it was a disc that helped me reach baskets I hadn't before. It just got way too finicky for me though and started reaching the same baskets with slower discs with more predictable results.

Great disc for easy extra distance though.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 195 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'd say just bag the ones currently working for you. You could try a full-wt. frost, but if you're really turning over the Bolt, you might want to look at a slightly more stable mold.
I think it's largely imperfect form. I will do as you say and use what I have. Especially since the glopto one is very stable and I found a ddx in a pond to use when space is too narrow for the bolt.

Today I should receive 2 Flows (one new and one understsble) that hopefully will be my go to DDs anyway.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 944 Times in 729 Posts

The Bolt is finicky for sure. Its a very fast disc, but the problem is that when you get it up to speed all it wants to do is flip over. I've thrown a couple Bolts that were stable enough to resist flipping, but most of them aren't that way. Most Bolts will turn and burn if you put any arm on them at all.

Good introductory disc for high speed stuff, but that's about it. Its violently understable. I'd group it with the Nuke SS.