Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,723 Times in 2,960 Posts

I didn't do last year's circuit because I didn't particularly want any of the discs involved. If the matrix had been the OS mid it was advertise to be at the beginning, I probably would have. I don't personally like the vector or servo, so depending on what the particle is, will be the reason I do or don't attend this year. Luckily for me, like last year, our local circuit isn't till late july so I will have the benefit of others experience before committing the money.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2017, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,666 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I didn't do last year's circuit because I didn't particularly want any of the discs involved. If the matrix had been the OS mid it was advertise to be at the beginning, I probably would have. I don't personally like the vector or servo, so depending on what the particle is, will be the reason I do or don't attend this year. Luckily for me, like last year, our local circuit isn't till late july so I will have the benefit of others experience before committing the money.
Is it the discs or the experience of the event?

And good call on the vector. I would be embarrassed to bag that rock wanna-be.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

The first year I did the circuit I had a blast for most of it, especially the games we did before playing the round. But the course that hosts our local one is Mt Airy and it was a little frustrating trying to play that long hilly course with only a relay and tangent. So playing it with an even more understable disc didn't really appeal to me, but I might have played it for the matrix if it had been the disc I hoped for. Since then I've stopped throwing midranges for the most part and now I am hoping for the Particle to be an EnvyOS type disc.

You would think they would be hyping a new disc being thrown in public for the first time in a couple days , or at the very least telling people what it does...

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 05-26-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced: (2)
Old 05-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:

You would think they would be hyping a new disc being thrown in public for the first time in a couple days , or at the very least telling people what it does...
I agree. I am very surprised at the lack of info/ hype for the circuit this year. Seems like all the hype focused on the winter series and died there.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 185 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
I agree. I am very surprised at the lack of info/ hype for the circuit this year. Seems like all the hype focused on the winter series and died there.
I have run Circuit events every year so far...but this year I was underwhelmed by the disc choices and a bit overwhelmed by the amount of different events we could run. Add to that a busy local c-tier schedule and I'm not sure I'll get one run at all.

I do wish that the would have more new discs just for the circuit series events, and not just new plastics on old molds. That's part of the big selling points for Discraft and Trilogy events in my mind. Given how many discs MVP/Axiom seem to be releasing every month, they probably could have held a few in reserve just for these events, but I don't run a business.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 25 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
The first year I did the circuit I had a blast for most of it, especially the games we did before playing the round. But the course that hosts our local one is Mt Airy and it was a little frustrating trying to play that long hilly course with only a relay and tangent. So playing it with an even more understable disc didn't really appeal to me, but I might have played it for the matrix if it had been the disc I hoped for. Since then I've stopped throwing midranges for the most part and now I am hoping for the Particle to be an EnvyOS type disc.

BB, assuming I do not get blown away in a tornado, I will give you the skinny after this weekend. If the particle is Envyish or more OS even I will be pretty stoked to have a nice compliment to my Proxy. Also hoping the Plasma Servo provides a nice straight to fade flight.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 25 Times in 19 Posts

BB, my guys says the particle is slightly more OS than the Envy. So sounds like you may need to either register for an event or get ready to buy one on a buy/sell trade group. Am looking forward to trying one out.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Old 05-26-2017, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 69
Niced 97 Times in 67 Posts