#111  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,375
Niced 227 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
love love love my alphas. my blue eternal that ive been throwing for 2 months or so has developed more turn recently without having to force it over and its just become even better. i use it a lot now,so much that i had friends go buy blue eternals because the liked the kind of shots i was getting with mine. i recenly picked up a few orange eternals and it compliements my blue so well. a bit more stability when new compared to the blue eternals but its just the right amount of stability and glide that i can still use it for multiple shots. i feel like i could play an entire round with just my alphas and putter,very easy to range and throw . im still holding out for a nice sublime color or a gold sublime but for now these 2 are my work horses.
Friendly internet advice. If Booter is onto a disc before everyone else...It is probably really good. I say that as ZJ, not MINT.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Reniger's Avatar
Reniger Reniger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The Mighty Mitten
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,877
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
love love love my alphas. my blue eternal that ive been throwing for 2 months or so has developed more turn recently without having to force it over and its just become even better. i use it a lot now,so much that i had friends go buy blue eternals because the liked the kind of shots i was getting with mine. i recenly picked up a few orange eternals and it compliements my blue so well. a bit more stability when new compared to the blue eternals but its just the right amount of stability and glide that i can still use it for multiple shots. i feel like i could play an entire round with just my alphas and putter,very easy to range and throw . im still holding out for a nice sublime color or a gold sublime but for now these 2 are my work horses.
My mint green Sublime is goorrrrgeous. One of the sexiest looking discs I own. I use it quite a bit in place of where I used to throw CD2s, but I'm still kind of on the fence with switching over entirely from CD2s to Alphas. I think I need to get a few more Alphas and season some in so I can really cover the same shots as the CD2s and make the switch complete.

Anyway, yes, Booter, you need a Sublime. They look and feel phenomenal and the green run, according to ZJ, are some of the straightest/most neutral. Love it.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:54 AM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 220
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,864
Niced 1,594 Times in 833 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Friendly internet advice. If Booter is onto a disc before everyone else...It is probably really good. I say that as ZJ, not MINT.
This is a fair statement. At one point discspeed had that kind of cachet too.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-16-2017, 11:27 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,375
Niced 227 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
This is a fair statement. At one point discspeed had that kind of cachet too.
What happened to that dude. Haven't seen that name in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-16-2017, 11:35 AM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 220
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,864
Niced 1,594 Times in 833 Posts
Default

Last I talked to him over PM he had moved to MI and no longer had access to discs like he did in FL. I always valued his opinion years ago when he was active here and on DGR. He's why I tried a ton of molds, including a few that have been part of my core for years.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-16-2017, 11:37 AM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins in TEXAS
Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,351
Niced 294 Times in 180 Posts
Default

i actually should have bought more blues at moodys. its been kind of weird throwing not one but 2 blue discs in my bag after all these years of completely avoiding the color. my ocd hates me but i do not hate the blue eternal alphas

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Steezo Steezo is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Years Playing: 9.4
Posts: 211
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have white 175 apex's, 174 orange eternals and 170 mint green sublimes. I think I have the full flight spectrum haha. Mint made Throwing Great Again.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-18-2017, 07:16 PM
jeffsk jeffsk is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 229
Niced 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default

After several months of procrastination I just ordered a Pink Eternal and Blue Apex. Looking forward to their arrival later this week. (Purchase is 100% attributable to Booter's reviews in this thread)

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-19-2017, 09:28 AM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,375
Niced 227 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
i actually should have bought more blues at moodys. its been kind of weird throwing not one but 2 blue discs in my bag after all these years of completely avoiding the color. my ocd hates me but i do not hate the blue eternal alphas
Yeah I don't normally throw blue or blue-green, but right now those colors are the best for dead straight. Insanely good flight and so far they are holding their sweet spots.

We are pretty pumped to see which colors become the go-to for run 2(still a little bit out).
Reply With Quote
 

  #120  
Old 06-19-2017, 01:56 PM
JOwens JOwens is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 151
Niced 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHatch View Post
How similar is alpha compared to MVP's volt?
Comparing electron and plasma volt to blue eternal and white apex alphas?
I can not compare to the E or Plasma but I can tell you for me I have an easier time generating distance with my Blue Eternal Alpha than from a fresh Fission Volt. I may have had a freak Volt though as it was stupid OS for me.
For me the closest comparison for my Alpha would be a fresh lucid Escape with just a hair more HSS. Sneaky long, great feel, very little wiggle in the flight without being hard to throw as a fairly new player.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check out the Mint Discs ALPHA driver! Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 2 05-14-2017 12:39 AM
11x CA Teebird, 2 very old mint Condors, 2 mint classic grid dx aviars tu-f-o The Marketplace 5 11-04-2013 09:14 PM
Mint CE discs.. cali The Marketplace 1 08-05-2012 09:33 PM
Mint 11x KC Roc - Mint 2 ring 12x KC Aviar - Star Destroyer *DS rj29274 The Marketplace 7 03-24-2012 07:52 PM
MINT Discovering the World Aviar XD...MINT MINT MINT!!! apdrvya The Marketplace 26 09-19-2011 10:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.