Old 03-27-2017, 12:31 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,128 Times in 758 Posts

Yeah F the crave. I just throw a volt these days. I can throw other OS/stable stuff fine as well but damn that relay does work at a course like BRP etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2017, 12:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 156 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Yeah F the crave. I just throw a volt these days. I can throw other OS/stable stuff fine as well but damn that relay does work at a course like BRP etc.
exactly.

the more i think about it, the less inclined i am to try the crave again. it would just throw my whole bag into chaos.

with a relay, my bag is more like

kc aviar

comet

relay
hpp blaze or champ gazelle

volt x2 - one that is board flat and os, the other has dome and useful turn.

h1

pd2 x2 or 3.

if i replace the relay with a really beat crave, then it's like what's the point of a slower, overstable fairway? i use them as mid replacements on some shots. and what about the volts? the crave goes basically as far. i could toss the wasp too, but there are some times when i really need/want it. hasn't been in my bag for a while though.

a crave-included bag would be more like

kc aviar

comet

crave
????

h1

????

pd2

and then i lose the wood-carving goodness that is speed 6.

so yeah.

when the hell are they gonna stop pumping out high speed shenanigans and revisit speed 6? the high speed stuff is outta hand.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:56 AM
FROLF OFF!

If i dont bag a relay it often means i have another US driver mold as well as another mid or two.

Ive tried a few different setups and pretty much settled on similar setup. I would like the relayOS as you mention. The vector is fine for now but slowly running out of them and havent been buying new backups. Stupid ions just crush too so that thing does work like a slower roc for me.

Ion
Theory
Relay
Volt
Octane

#LETZPLAAAAY!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,684 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
If i dont bag a relay it often means i have another US driver mold as well as another mid or two.

Ive tried a few different setups and pretty much settled on similar setup. I would like the relayOS as you mention. The vector is fine for now but slowly running out of them and havent been buying new backups. Stupid ions just crush too so that thing does work like a slower roc for me.

Ion
Theory
Relay
Volt
Octane

#LETZPLAAAAY!
I mean looks decent and I could probably play with that set up, but dont you need something NOT flippy in the bag for those windy midwestern days?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,308 Times in 649 Posts

At Koda regarding high speed stuff. I assume they had long term plans to sponsor a pro team who no longer had to carry mixed bags. Now that the max distance drivers are released, it's logical they'll fill in more gaps along the whole speed spectrum. Don't forget about the elusive OS putter that has been requested as well.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:09 AM
FROLF OFF!

The relay is good. Really good. For some reason it just crushes too even with such a small rim. Im not using any other US drivers these days. The spin/theory/relay combo is so legit. Been trying to FH the relay more as well vs "full bore rip" on faster or OS/ stable discs. Still need a vector for some slower OS lines but i cant wait for a relayOS. I would hope for a little less glide vs vector and obviously much more FH friendly vs that big old bead. That might mean the theory would be the only mid in my bag (well the ion too but that also counts as distance driver and putter ) such a fun disc. I smell proton relays with a sick Zam stamp. But could just be a pie.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 399 Times in 274 Posts

I'm really digging my Relay. Yesterday took it out just with proxy and I'm just becoming more and more impressed the more lines I try with it.

Really liking on technical holes. I feel that it is so intuitive and controllable. If powered down a little can shape a S line or can hold a hyzer. hyzer flip. Also like that I can use both FH or BH - I used it on holes that I normally throw Verdict FH (OS mid), not a knock to the Verdict, I've just been surprised at the lines I can cover.

At the end of the day yesterday I was really gaining confidence with it. Second to last hole, I had a tee shot with a really tight must throw straight window that opens up halfway through and decided, wth, let's try to mash it FH. Hyzer flip, dead straight goodness. One of my better throws on that hole.

Controllable. Intuitive. Versatile. Fun.

For those of you that like the Relay for similar reasons, what are you throwing as a controllable "distance" driver? Vanish, Insanity? Wave? I'm curious. I think I've probably discounted MVP/Axiom understable stuff but I think I might like understable gyro
Old 12-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 25 Times in 19 Posts

Vanish for me, with an Octane for more straight to fade duties. Although with my wuss arm a Proton Crave gets almost the same distance as the Octane since I can get a bit more S from the Crave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
For those of you that like the Relay for similar reasons, what are you throwing as a controllable "distance" driver? Vanish, Insanity? Wave? I'm curious. I think I've probably discounted MVP/Axiom understable stuff but I think I might like understable gyro

Niced: (1)
Old 12-09-2017, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 632
Niced 2,684 Times in 1,512 Posts

Aim tries to make this disk famous, it really is the only disk that flies OS for him. Lolzzzzzin so hard

Old 12-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 153 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
I mean looks decent and I could probably play with that set up, but dont you need something NOT flippy in the bag for those windy midwestern days?
A roaring prairie wind will do what it wants, without regard to the disc's design, so you simply throw to minimize the waywardness and see what happens. For headwinds, throw the beefiest disc you have low with hyzer and spectate. On tailwinds, the flippiest thing you have on high and spectate. For crosswinds, low and straight, then spectate. Once you realize no disc design will beat a strong wind, it's much easier to deal with the wind.