Old 10-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg1976 View Post
I honestly think you would like a gunmetal legend bandit. They have the highest plh and therefore the most stability of any bandit I have thrown. I have two, one that's pretty new that reminds of a slightly worn champ thunderbird and one that is used that is more like a good pfn flat top champion Viking.
I agree. If one likes the Bandit, he should definitely get a gun metal for max stability.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-24-2018, 01:41 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,221 Times in 610 Posts

Bump.

Are all Legend Bandits more overstable than Icons? Has anyone been throwing the experimental Pinnacles? How does the stability of the Glows relate to the typical Icons?

I decided I do want a disc to bridge the gap between Teebird/Crave and Cannon. Used to throw OLFs for a long time but want something more workable, used to throw Valkyries for years but want to try something different. Thrown most any comparable disc that wasn't made in the past 2ish years. Also reluctantly considering the Volt.

Please and thank you.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 47
Niced 128 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Bump.

Are all Legend Bandits more overstable than Icons? Has anyone been throwing the experimental Pinnacles? How does the stability of the Glows relate to the typical Icons?

I decided I do want a disc to bridge the gap between Teebird/Crave and Cannon. Used to throw OLFs for a long time but want something more workable, used to throw Valkyries for years but want to try something different. Thrown most any comparable disc that wasn't made in the past 2ish years. Also reluctantly considering the Volt.

Please and thank you.
I know nothing about Bandits, but besides being workable, what role are you wanting to fill between your distance and fairway drivers? Do you want a neutral control driver? If so and with it not being a Bandit, maybe a Discmania TD or Discraft Heat?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:19 PM

Suuuuper picky. Don't really care to venture outside of my comfort zone anymore...as of 4ish years ago I had thrown most any disc on the market. I've thrown some first run Icon Bandits, and they're quite quite similar to a worn Valk (which I bagged for years), so I figured it'd be something to look into that isn't an old friend necessarily. Probably going to end up with a random Valkyrie in the bag to be honest. Was hoping there was a definitive, "X Bandit is the most overstable, no ifs, ands, or buts." because the Icons aren't quite what I was/am looking for.

Used to throw 400'+ golf lines (not internet distance) but haven't played much the past few years so lets call this slot 380'ish - definitely can't reach quite as far as I could 5 years ago. I want standstill distance, weird high shots be it hyzer or flex or anhyzer, thrown from the knee drives [bad tee shot], controllable hyzerflip, sneaky distance, off the shelf more or less ready. I've beaten enough discs in over the years to know how each plastic works, which weight range works, which molds I like with dome, etc etc etc.....I'm to the point I want a relatively off the shelf (7/10 can happen fairly quick on the ACTUAL Sleepy scale) as opposed to 500+ throws with a Brinster Teebird to show even remote turn.

I don't know, maybe I don't need another disc. I can reach most baskets with a Teebird or Crave, if not then I'm super comfortable throwing a Cannon. I got the weird idea when I was playing this random little course the other day that I wasn't quite happy with one or two of my shots. Granted I only had my Nutsac there (6 discs vs. roughly 20) but still. I've carried everything from 4 distance/control/fairway/mid/putter to every combination in between and settled on where I'm at now. Two distance molds (2-3 of either), two fairway molds (3-4 of either), two mid molds (2-4 of either) and one to two putter molds (2-3 of either). I think a single Valk or something similar will be a very situational disc that I won't use often but will be very handy from time to time. I do NOT need a roller, I do NOT need a wind fighter, I do NOT need maxD etc etc etc. Maybe I'm just bored and feel like buying new plastic?
Old 03-24-2018, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 916 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Suuuuper picky. Don't really care to venture outside of my comfort zone anymore...as of 4ish years ago I had thrown most any disc on the market. I've thrown some first run Icon Bandits, and they're quite quite similar to a worn Valk (which I bagged for years), so I figured it'd be something to look into that isn't an old friend necessarily. Probably going to end up with a random Valkyrie in the bag to be honest. Was hoping there was a definitive, "X Bandit is the most overstable, no ifs, ands, or buts." because the Icons aren't quite what I was/am looking for.

Used to throw 400'+ golf lines (not internet distance) but haven't played much the past few years so lets call this slot 380'ish - definitely can't reach quite as far as I could 5 years ago. I want standstill distance, weird high shots be it hyzer or flex or anhyzer, thrown from the knee drives [bad tee shot], controllable hyzerflip, sneaky distance, off the shelf more or less ready. I've beaten enough discs in over the years to know how each plastic works, which weight range works, which molds I like with dome, etc etc etc.....I'm to the point I want a relatively off the shelf (7/10 can happen fairly quick on the ACTUAL Sleepy scale) as opposed to 500+ throws with a Brinster Teebird to show even remote turn.

I don't know, maybe I don't need another disc. I can reach most baskets with a Teebird or Crave, if not then I'm super comfortable throwing a Cannon. I got the weird idea when I was playing this random little course the other day that I wasn't quite happy with one or two of my shots. Granted I only had my Nutsac there (6 discs vs. roughly 20) but still. I've carried everything from 4 distance/control/fairway/mid/putter to every combination in between and settled on where I'm at now. Two distance molds (2-3 of either), two fairway molds (3-4 of either), two mid molds (2-4 of either) and one to two putter molds (2-3 of either). I think a single Valk or something similar will be a very situational disc that I won't use often but will be very handy from time to time. I do NOT need a roller, I do NOT need a wind fighter, I do NOT need maxD etc etc etc. Maybe I'm just bored and feel like buying new plastic?

Going back to a Valkyrie isn't such a bad idea in my opinion.

I have thrown Bandits in Icon only. They developed a bit more more turn than I wanted, and were just kind of finicky. If you have looked for Bandits at various retail sites, you may have noticed that pretty much everyone has them in just Icon right now. I don't know how easy it would be to get one in another plastic.

Actually, what I really think might be great for you is a mold that you probably already have experience with - an Orc. To cover the types of shots you are describing, get it at a lighter weight (161-163 gm) in Star plastic. My experience it that the light ones do not require lots of power to throw. It will give you easier distance than a Teebird, while not being an all out bomber like a Cannon.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 47
Niced 128 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:

Don't know if it helps, but I have similar distance to you. I've thought a long while about what I should carry. I'm in the similar ballpark as you when it comes bridging the gap between fairway and distance drives. I've decided that I needed a control driver that is neutral (speed 9 or 10).

Not to force you to my line of thinking, but here's some of my reasoning:

1. I'm getting older (36) and I'm going to need a disc that will grow old with me, like a marriage.

2. I need a disc that can do the aforementioned shots that you mentioned but is also able to do it in the woods.

3. A neutral disc will, in theory, should start out with enough stability to perform without turning and burning and also become a good understable driver when it seasons. This is good for all the shots that I need for it to cover. It stays on the line that I put it on but can be manipulated.

4. In relation to point 3, a neutral driver should season quicker to understable, allowing me to cover all my neutral control shots with a couple of discs.

5. It would be a better bookend for the rest of my drivers with less overlap.

So far, I've thrown the Orion LS and Discmania TD. The OLS is finicky in that it requires just enough power to fly well. If you put too much in it, it turns and doesn't come back; if you don't put enough in it, it fades too early. The Discmania TD seems to more suitable for the neutral control driver that I want. I'm wanting to try out the Discraft Heat because it apparently has good glide, similar to the TD, and I want to support Discraft.

I think you should throw what you are comfortable with and what is more predictable. Thankfully, you have narrowed it down so it may not be as hard as it seems. If you do want to venture out again, I recommend seeking a more neutral control driver;a point-and-shot type of control driver.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:58 AM
Par Member

Niced 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:

I’d say outlaw and a stål are what you need
Old 03-25-2018, 12:59 AM
Par Member

Niced 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyduce View Post
I’d say outlaw and a stål are what you need

Sorry not stål falk
Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 916 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyduce View Post
Sorry not stål falk
GripEnemy is looking for something more stable than his Icon Bandit. A Falk would probably be going in the wrong direction.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
GripEnemy is looking for something more stable than his Icon Bandit. A Falk would probably be going in the wrong direction.
And an Outlaw is basically a Cannon...and nothing like a Valkyrie or stable Bandit