Old 11-13-2018, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 744 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I just hope all of them coming to my home state of Texas will not also bring their California mind set.

This popped in my mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg texas.jpeg (6.6 KB, 106 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 07:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 477 Times in 295 Posts

So take it for what it's worth, but on Simon's insta story he asks Paul where he's going to go, joking about his next contract. Paul says what sounds like "back to the hotel room after this, get ready for the VPO"

Niced: (2)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 174
Niced 2,610 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
You are thinking about the distance that her drives get, compared to yours.
I think I can keep up. Paige Pierce though, I'm not so sure.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 709 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. Do you actually not know how sponsorship works or are you saying you would actively not do your job?

If you were a sponsered player, wouldn't you want to rep your signature discs to boost sales and make more money for yourself? That is a reason to do it that has a direct outcome on your yearly income.
The conversation took a turn at some point from the company’s providing the lists to making the players do it, and it was assumed it wouldn’t be that hard to do. My point is that it’s easy to say “oh, that’s not hard to do” (while not actually knowing the actual steps to do it other than “make the player do it”). It’s a +1 in terms of what the players have to do on top of what they already do. While his/her job is to uphold his/her contract, that’s not a contract on his/her entire life. Granted, the more skill the player has, the more bargaining power they have.

My point about fans supporting ownership is simply to point out that fans want things like the name of the disc being thrown and the easiest way to get that info is to have ownership “make the players do it.”

I hope the players don’t forget to unionize as the sport grows.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,484 Times in 690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6854 View Post
If they don't get people on lead card then Robert or AJ can't really mention trilogy discs as a natural part of the commentary.

I don't know if Nate and Jeremy really don't know what the trilogy guys are throwing or someone is telling them not to talk about it.

Jerm talks about what other sponsored players are throwing when he knows what they throw.

It seems that some players just aren't as likely to share what's in their bag.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,484 Times in 690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I just hope all of them coming to my home state of Texas will not also bring their California mind set.
I understand you so much better after this post.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 71 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
The conversation took a turn at some point from the company’s providing the lists to making the players do it, and it was assumed it wouldn’t be that hard to do. My point is that it’s easy to say “oh, that’s not hard to do” (while not actually knowing the actual steps to do it other than “make the player do it”). It’s a +1 in terms of what the players have to do on top of what they already do. While his/her job is to uphold his/her contract, that’s not a contract on his/her entire life. Granted, the more skill the player has, the more bargaining power they have.

My point about fans supporting ownership is simply to point out that fans want things like the name of the disc being thrown and the easiest way to get that info is to have ownership “make the players do it.”

Matt Dollar does this every once in a while. Seems like a pretty worthwhile 2 minutes he spent on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-11-13-20-22-44.jpg (94.4 KB, 179 views)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:38 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
What does this even mean? Have you ever been to California?
I have. Several times. Saw some guy named Donald Trump give a speech in San Jose in 2012, years before he thought of politics. California is a great State, mostly nice people. But the politics, y'all can keep.

Last edited by SD86; 11-13-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 18
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
In many cases in ball golf as well as disc golf, the players do not want the specific contents of their bags to be known. Not accusing them of anything; they just don't want to talk about it. When was the last time Catrina or Nikko had a WITB video?
I don't care what they want, that is literally why they are paid. Prodigy does not pay for Catrina to win with a random disc, they pay for her to play with their product and at the very least make it known what they play. Nikko is not sponsored, so he does not give away what makes him valuable for free. That would be like these Team Trilogy idiots that pretend they are pros because they are on the "team". If the best discs for you are are Trilogy, then good for you, but you are giving away something valuable for free. You might as well put a Yeti sticker on your car.

Sorry to go on a rant, and SD, this is not directed at you (you get enough unwarranted grief on these boards). But until these players start to sell themselves and their products, they will not be paid what they "deserve". There are a number of lower rated players who are more valuable than players that win more often because they sell and I don't just mean they peddle discs with a special stamp on it out of their cars.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 40
Niced 184 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post

This makes much more sense and I can see where you are coming from, however you are ignoring the fact that this type of thing increases the money in the players pocket. They should not be doing it because the "ownership" tells them to. The should be doing it to grow their brand and sell more discs for their own good.

Why would companies be responsible for this? Most of them don't follow the players around to tournaments all over the country. It's much easier for the player to take a quick snapshot of their bag like Matt Dollar did and post it online or give it to film crews. Fans don't care about ownership, they care about sweet sweet plastic.